Great post Cavs. Really glad that the guide was a big help.

Probably the biggest piece of advice I can give you about enjoying 3.0 is to ignore Spud. I should take my own advice but I'm in too deep. I've been feeding this troll since the start of beta several months ago. But don't fall victim to this guy like I have. Save yourself.
10/12/2016 6:34 AM
We appreciate your efforts Benis
10/12/2016 7:26 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 10/12/2016 1:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/12/2016 12:47:00 AM (view original):
"... you can get 85% of the way there in 10 minutes, but that remaining 15% is, in my opinion, excruciating."

Sounds a lot like learning chess. Widely popular game. Maybe WIS ought to consider how to attract chess players.
I've had you on ignore for 3 weeks. Unfortunately, people quote you, so i can't avoid reading your posts. If there are any people unsure if they want to stick with HD 3.0 and take the time to learn it, you are absolutely driving them away and are contributing to decreased world populations. If you want to build HD back up, you need to STFU.
The funniest thing about this ****** is Chapel or some other good coach would put up appositive post about 3.0 with specific details and Spudhole would tack on some stupid comment behind it and readers would totally miss the good post and just see his stupid comment. This defeating his own purpose (unless his only purpose is to be the forum idiot)
10/12/2016 9:08 AM
No, someone pointed out a few days ago that his posts to wins ratio is like 4:1 or something. He's not here the play the game, he's here to troll the forums.
10/12/2016 9:23 AM
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 9:08:00 AM (view original):
"... you can get 85% of the way there in 10 minutes, but that remaining 15% is, in my opinion, excruciating."

Sounds a lot like learning chess. Widely popular game. Maybe WIS ought to consider how to attract chess players.
I've had you on ignore for 3 weeks. Unfortunately, people quote you, so i can't avoid reading your posts. If there are any people unsure if they want to stick with HD 3.0 and take the time to learn it, you are absolutely driving them away and are contributing to decreased world populations. If you want to build HD back up, you need to STFU.
The funniest thing about this ****** is Chapel or some other good coach would put up appositive post about 3.0 with specific details and Spudhole would tack on some stupid comment behind it and readers would totally miss the good post and just see his stupid comment. This defeating his own purpose (unless his only purpose is to be the forum idiot)
I agree, but that's not a problem that is solely the fault of spud.
10/12/2016 9:41 AM

I understand, haters gotta hate, but nothing in my post warranted your hate post and the hate posts that followed. Too bad your return to the forums has to be like that. I believe your hate posts, and those of the few other people that troll me, will drive a few people away from the game. Well done ... NOT.
10/12/2016 10:49 AM
...yes. you are always the victim right......
Try this.
Go away for a month, and lets see how much more civilized the forums get.
10/12/2016 11:05 AM
The forums would be as civilized as they always were, which is ... one or two steps above The Pit. I was thinking maybe the haters could quit posting hate posts for a month, but maybe that is setting the bar far too high.
10/12/2016 11:20 AM
I've been playing HD since 2003. At times I've had teams in every world at the same time because I was that much of an HD addict. I've scaled back slightly over the past few years, generally managing about 5 or 6 teams at once.

I'm down to 3 teams now, and I'm going to let two of those lapse and just keep one active team. Not because I'm a hater or a whiner. I find the new recruiting engine to be interesting, with some nice features and some not so nice features.

My biggest issue is that recruiting now is just too time consuming for me, especially if you want to do it really well. There are a lot of deadlines and sessions to track and I just don't have time in my life to deal with that on a multi-team scale. I also find there to be much more clicking involved to find the players I ultimately want to recruit. This is obviously due to the greater depth of the recruiting engine and I'm sure I could eventually figure out a way to make it more efficient for myself, but from what I've experienced so far, the new system is definitely a greater burden.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a perspective here from a long-time user on why I'm cutting back.
10/12/2016 2:59 PM (edited)
Posted by mniven on 10/12/2016 2:59:00 PM (view original):
I've been playing HD since 2003. At times I've had teams in every world at the same time because I was that much of an HD addict. I've scaled back slightly over the past few years, generally managing about 5 or 6 teams at once.

I'm down to 3 teams now, and I'm going to let two of those lapse and just keep one active team. Not because I'm a hater or a whiner. I find the new recruiting engine to be interesting, with some nice features and some not so nice features.

My biggest issue is that recruiting now is just too time consuming for me, especially if you want to do it really well. There are a lot of deadlines and sessions to track and I just don't have time in my life to deal with that on a multi-team scale. I also find there to be much more clicking involved to find the players I ultimately want to recruit. This is obviously due to the greater depth of the recruiting engine and I'm sure I could eventually figure out a way to make it more efficient for myself, but from what I've experienced so far, the new system is definitely a greater burden.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a perspective here from a long-time user on why I'm cutting back.
+1
10/12/2016 3:01 PM

I wish everyone here could relay their perspective as respectfully and thoughtfully as you. Me included.
10/12/2016 3:26 PM
One other note: My favorite division to play in HD has always been DII, largely because there seems to be the most parity and because recruiting is pretty balanced, meaning even middle of the road or bad teams can land some very good players.

From what I've seen so far in the new recruiting system, the DII coaches who are really good at recruiting could be able to greatly pull away from the field, because it is very possible to land some players that are WAY better than we could under the previous system. That's not a bad thing. But it's certainly different because I can no longer zip in and recruit a bunch of elite players in a matter of an hour or two. That's why I'm cutting down to one team. I don't think I'll be able to maintain an elite program without really diving into recruiting.
10/12/2016 3:56 PM
Posted by mniven on 10/12/2016 3:56:00 PM (view original):
One other note: My favorite division to play in HD has always been DII, largely because there seems to be the most parity and because recruiting is pretty balanced, meaning even middle of the road or bad teams can land some very good players.

From what I've seen so far in the new recruiting system, the DII coaches who are really good at recruiting could be able to greatly pull away from the field, because it is very possible to land some players that are WAY better than we could under the previous system. That's not a bad thing. But it's certainly different because I can no longer zip in and recruit a bunch of elite players in a matter of an hour or two. That's why I'm cutting down to one team. I don't think I'll be able to maintain an elite program without really diving into recruiting.
That thing is true. But getting top players is going to be luck... And it's a problem. A just saw a 640 player hs Rupp D2. I hope he has no upside.
10/12/2016 4:40 PM
Posted by noleaniml on 10/12/2016 3:26:00 PM (view original):

I wish everyone here could relay their perspective as respectfully and thoughtfully as you. Me included.
+1
10/12/2016 5:58 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/12/2016 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mniven on 10/12/2016 3:56:00 PM (view original):

That thing is true. But getting top players is going to be luck... And it's a problem. A just saw a 640 player hs Rupp D2. I hope he has no upside.
Getting the top players is a combination of skill and luck just like many other things... just like the game engine... just like recruit gen...

A 640 player going to Rupp D2 is not the fault of the recruiting engine, it's the fault of the D1 coaches that let him slip by.
10/12/2016 6:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.