Formation Knowledge Topic

Should formation knowledge be used to determine who should start or is it better to just use the Guess formula ratings?
10/3/2016 12:44 PM
The Guess formula is most important. And the general feeling is that formation IQ plays a factor for QBs, but not so much for other positions.
10/3/2016 12:56 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/3/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
The Guess formula is most important. And the general feeling is that formation IQ plays a factor for QBs, but not so much for other positions.
I disagree. I think the GUESS ratings are more important but formation IQ is important for ALL positions. It is just very easy to see when a QB lacks formation IQ. You have instant feedback in the many interceptions that he will throw. I believe other positions suffer also, it's just not as visible.
10/3/2016 2:34 PM
With all respect to Mr. Schumacher, I am in awags corner on this particular point especially if you run niche schemes (Wishbone, 4-4, etc). I have found that while the QB is important (not as much for running QB, IMO), having an OL, TE having high formation IQ is imperative. Obviously the team with the best horses will usually win, but in certain cases, having a slightly undermanned team with FIQ will push you over the top.

Just my two cents.

Tim
10/4/2016 7:52 AM
Posted by awags on 10/3/2016 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/3/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. I think the GUESS ratings are more important but formation IQ is important for ALL positions. It is just very easy to see when a QB lacks formation IQ. You have instant feedback in the many interceptions that he will throw. I believe other positions suffer also, it's just not as visible.
I endorse this message.. #byersauto

It's highly visible on the OL, without looking at production, because there will be more false starts and holding penalties.

As important as it is to QB, I would say it's very important for LB, especially in a 3-4 scheme.
10/6/2016 8:20 AM
Thanks for the input guys.
10/6/2016 1:37 PM
Formation Knowledge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.