"Today's Game Era" HOF Ballot Topic

12/4/2016 8:09 PM
12/4/2016 8:20 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2016 8:10:00 AM (view original):
Steinbrenner should be a no-brainer selection. He should have been put in a while ago.

Schuerholz might also get in for his work with Atlanta. A very long period of sustained success. That will probably be enough.

McGwire will be an interesting test case. He'll be the first steroid guy to be considered by a committee rather than the BBWAA. I think he gets in eventually, but I still think it's too early to do it now, seeing that he just dropped off the BBWAA ballot last year.

None of the other former players or managers belong.

Clueless Bud is an enigma. He had a long tenure as MLB Commissioner, oversaw a lot of change, and finally brought peace between MLB and the MLBPA. But that is offset by the cancellation of the '94 World Series and turning a blind eye to the steroid era until he had no choice. I think he gets in because most Commissioners who have served for a long time have, but he has a mixed legacy.
I think this is on the mark accurate.But i hope selig doesnt get in.
12/4/2016 10:17 PM
Posted by edsortails on 10/4/2016 8:27:00 AM (view original):
I don't see Mort Cooper on that list.
I vote for Mort Cooper and Alan Trammel

BUT THEYRE NOT ON THE ******* LIST!
12/4/2016 10:54 PM
◂ Prev 1234
"Today's Game Era" HOF Ballot Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.