Recruiting-Something unexpected??? Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 10/5/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 10/5/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/5/2016 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 10/5/2016 11:33:00 AM (view original):
D2 Squad recruiting a D1 recruit. Put 100 percent effort in 8am yesterday, and at 5pm I get an email from the recruit saying that "He could really get in to attending my school if I offered him a scholarship". I already had, so okay no problem.

This morning at 5am, he sends me another email "I sure would love for you to invite me to your campus". Great, I had just unlocked that. I also have a second email, "I would love you to meet my parents", and that two was unlocked this cycle.....done, and done! But I have a third email " and it says basically "he can see himself starting" at my school. Not cool with that next year, so I gave him minutes.

Now I have given the whole story, but I am asking you the members of the HD Coaching Association. I have never seen anything from WIS that recruits would send us emails (I got four from this guy), and he is D! potential (pretty bad currently, but green and blue) and I am a very bad C- D2 School. Did I miss a memo, or is this guy actually a D2 player?
I'm in the same boat, D2 recruiting a D1 with multiple D1 schools interested.

I got the email this morning that he's open to me offering.a CV, and I offered it. We'll see if it is accepted.

If he accepts, that seems like a major problem. Players only get five CVs, and it would be absurd for a D1 kid to waste one on a D2 early in recruiting. We'll see.
+1
He accepted the visit.

A human D1 started VH on him, then went down to VL, and is now moderate. If my actions as a D2 are causing him to bounce around like that, something seems wrong to me.
Update: There is now a human D1 at VH, another human D1 at H, me (D2) and a human D1 at moderate, and a human D1 at L. That's five schools. All have probably offered CVs.

In addition, 5 other D1s are at VL. I probably took away the option for one of those schools to offer a campus visit even though there's no chance in hell the kid will sign with my D2. (Signing pref is "Early.")

This is goofy.
10/7/2016 5:35 PM (edited)
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/7/2016 5:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/5/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 10/5/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/5/2016 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wvufan76 on 10/5/2016 11:33:00 AM (view original):
D2 Squad recruiting a D1 recruit. Put 100 percent effort in 8am yesterday, and at 5pm I get an email from the recruit saying that "He could really get in to attending my school if I offered him a scholarship". I already had, so okay no problem.

This morning at 5am, he sends me another email "I sure would love for you to invite me to your campus". Great, I had just unlocked that. I also have a second email, "I would love you to meet my parents", and that two was unlocked this cycle.....done, and done! But I have a third email " and it says basically "he can see himself starting" at my school. Not cool with that next year, so I gave him minutes.

Now I have given the whole story, but I am asking you the members of the HD Coaching Association. I have never seen anything from WIS that recruits would send us emails (I got four from this guy), and he is D! potential (pretty bad currently, but green and blue) and I am a very bad C- D2 School. Did I miss a memo, or is this guy actually a D2 player?
I'm in the same boat, D2 recruiting a D1 with multiple D1 schools interested.

I got the email this morning that he's open to me offering.a CV, and I offered it. We'll see if it is accepted.

If he accepts, that seems like a major problem. Players only get five CVs, and it would be absurd for a D1 kid to waste one on a D2 early in recruiting. We'll see.
+1
He accepted the visit.

A human D1 started VH on him, then went down to VL, and is now moderate. If my actions as a D2 are causing him to bounce around like that, something seems wrong to me.
Update: There is now a human D1 at VH, another human D1 at H, me (D2) and a human D1 at moderate, and a human D1 at L. That's five schools. All have probably offered CVs.

In addition, 5 other D1s are at VL. I probably took away the option for one of those schools to offer a campus visit even though there's no chance in hell the kid will sign with my D2. (Signing pref is "Early.")

This is goofy.
I don't think there is any magic to it.. If you are one of the first 5 teams to offer a visit, then he comes.

There are no artificial limits on recruits.
10/7/2016 6:07 PM
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting-Something unexpected??? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.