Session 2 is only 9 Processing Times?!?!?! Topic

Doesn't that seem a little short. Only 5 cycles before DIII teams get to consider DI recruits.
10/5/2016 7:10 PM
Compared to session one being what? 21? Even further reason to add 1-2 non-signing cycles to session two
10/6/2016 1:40 PM
So your saying EE recruiting only gets 1/3 of the attention points and not even half? Well l that's just awesome, I have bad timing. I've only had 1 EE since joining HD and now I have 3 in one season during absolutely the worst time to have an EE. My newly dynastied VaTech that I took from a D+ to a soon to be A is gonna be relinquished back to the bottom half of the ACC before I can even have a chance to have fun with it
10/6/2016 2:10 PM
You didn't build that waykbordr.

EE's still a big problem. Next season or two in all worlds is going to be weird in D1.
10/6/2016 2:22 PM
You get all the attention points for a recruit, obviously for less turns. But all still available recruits are fair game. You can focus on 2 guys.. Go all in on attention points.. Unlock campus and home visits.. Max out both and get into high or very high on both recruits. Then you have almost as much chance as the leader to get the recruits.
10/6/2016 2:25 PM
Posted by guyo26 on 10/6/2016 2:22:00 PM (view original):
You didn't build that waykbordr.

EE's still a big problem. Next season or two in all worlds is going to be weird in D1.
Huh? Who built my program?
10/6/2016 6:13 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/6/2016 2:25:00 PM (view original):
You get all the attention points for a recruit, obviously for less turns. But all still available recruits are fair game. You can focus on 2 guys.. Go all in on attention points.. Unlock campus and home visits.. Max out both and get into high or very high on both recruits. Then you have almost as much chance as the leader to get the recruits.
I get (if everything works out perfect) 9 cycles worth of attention points to compete against someone else's 30 cycles which will get me no where near leaders of recruits that even half recruited their guy.
10/6/2016 6:16 PM
" 9 cycles worth of attention points to compete against someone else's 30 cycles "

LOL, is that really the recruit you want to go after? Or the one who will be much, much easier to sign?
10/6/2016 8:13 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/6/2016 8:13:00 PM (view original):
" 9 cycles worth of attention points to compete against someone else's 30 cycles "

LOL, is that really the recruit you want to go after? Or the one who will be much, much easier to sign?
U gotta remember spud this is hi DI not DII, huge difference. Every signable recruit has/is already been covered strong from session 1 unlike DII your home turf
10/6/2016 8:16 PM
What I remember is to line up backups to cover the possibilities. I always thought D1 coaches could do that, too. Why wait to start from scratch in the second recruiting session when everyone knows that doesn't generally work out?
10/6/2016 8:21 PM
Because with 2 SRs you don't have very many options and went after 2 guys to fill those 2 spots with my 2 spots worth of budget. Now how stupid would that be to have went after 4 (I thought on,y 2 EE but got lucky with a 3rd go) recruits. Spreading your self thin and not signing anyone is worse that getting 1 guy.

how have u done it with your EEs since u seem too have it figured out?
10/6/2016 8:31 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 10/6/2016 2:10:00 PM (view original):
So your saying EE recruiting only gets 1/3 of the attention points and not even half? Well l that's just awesome, I have bad timing. I've only had 1 EE since joining HD and now I have 3 in one season during absolutely the worst time to have an EE. My newly dynastied VaTech that I took from a D+ to a soon to be A is gonna be relinquished back to the bottom half of the ACC before I can even have a chance to have fun with it
Sorry... That needs to be fixed. Not much to say.
10/6/2016 8:36 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/6/2016 8:21:00 PM (view original):
What I remember is to line up backups to cover the possibilities. I always thought D1 coaches could do that, too. Why wait to start from scratch in the second recruiting session when everyone knows that doesn't generally work out?
Two things:

1. Even if you have backups lined up, you're still at a massive AP deficit compared to the person who had their resources all along.

2. This problem applies to people with new jobs just as much as to people with EEs, and your "line up backups" solution doesn't work in the new job case.
10/6/2016 8:37 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/6/2016 8:13:00 PM (view original):

Spud, as much as you hate it, he'll being going after your guys first.
10/6/2016 8:37 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 10/6/2016 8:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/6/2016 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Two things:

1. Even if you have backups lined up, you're still at a massive AP deficit compared to the person who had their resources all along.

2. This problem applies to people with new jobs just as much as to people with EEs, and your "line up backups" solution doesn't work in the new job case.
Bingo. New jobs is a big one too. Great point.
10/6/2016 9:02 PM
123 Next ▸
Session 2 is only 9 Processing Times?!?!?! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.