Session 2 is only 9 Processing Times?!?!?! Topic

Posted by tarvolon on 10/6/2016 8:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/6/2016 8:21:00 PM (view original):
What I remember is to line up backups to cover the possibilities. I always thought D1 coaches could do that, too. Why wait to start from scratch in the second recruiting session when everyone knows that doesn't generally work out?
Two things:

1. Even if you have backups lined up, you're still at a massive AP deficit compared to the person who had their resources all along.

2. This problem applies to people with new jobs just as much as to people with EEs, and your "line up backups" solution doesn't work in the new job case.
2. That's true. But in the case of a new job, you may have the benefit of some useful recruiting by the departing coach. When I changed jobs in beta, though, the sim hadn't done anything useful. All you get is the finances to do what you can. It worked out, but it is a disadvantage, I'll agree.
10/6/2016 9:48 PM
I changed jobs in Wooden to a team with 5 openings. The previous coach signed 1 in the first cycle but I still had 4 open schollys. Before I took it over, there was a 5 star recruit who was at "very high" in considering the school but when I took over, the recruit was at "very low". Checking the history there is a new coach penalty which seems to wipe out all previous effort. And since he was max recruited with 20 HV and a CV, I could not offer any more.

It's a real disadvantage to change schools. Yes you get the extra recruiting money and you can basically scout every recruit to level 4, but that matters little when 2/3rds of the recruits are gone and all the good recruits are already at "very high" and have had way more attention points allocated to them. On top of that, guys will sign at any time. So some of the attention points and home visits that I've given out are wasted. For instance it took me two turns to allocate attention points to a guy to open recruiting actions. So then I granted 10 home visits but then he signs with the other team on the following cycle and I just lost all of my effort.

My fault for taking a team with this many openings, but this will certainly discourage movement to new teams. Perhaps in D3 or D2 this is not an issue, but it most definitely is at D1.
10/7/2016 12:18 PM
Posted by toysboys on 10/7/2016 12:18:00 PM (view original):
I changed jobs in Wooden to a team with 5 openings. The previous coach signed 1 in the first cycle but I still had 4 open schollys. Before I took it over, there was a 5 star recruit who was at "very high" in considering the school but when I took over, the recruit was at "very low". Checking the history there is a new coach penalty which seems to wipe out all previous effort. And since he was max recruited with 20 HV and a CV, I could not offer any more.

It's a real disadvantage to change schools. Yes you get the extra recruiting money and you can basically scout every recruit to level 4, but that matters little when 2/3rds of the recruits are gone and all the good recruits are already at "very high" and have had way more attention points allocated to them. On top of that, guys will sign at any time. So some of the attention points and home visits that I've given out are wasted. For instance it took me two turns to allocate attention points to a guy to open recruiting actions. So then I granted 10 home visits but then he signs with the other team on the following cycle and I just lost all of my effort.

My fault for taking a team with this many openings, but this will certainly discourage movement to new teams. Perhaps in D3 or D2 this is not an issue, but it most definitely is at D1.
Wow, I think you need to send a ticket about that.

Wiping out a significant portion of previous credit was designed so that getting a full recruiting budget wasn't too much of an advantage. But wiping out your credit while still listing you as up against the 20 HV/1 CV limit is ridiculous. That has to be an oversight. Just has to be.

As for your second point about needing 1-2 cycles to open up recruiting actions, I totally agree and have been beating that drum for a while now
10/7/2016 12:33 PM
To answer the original question, i agree that Session 2 should be longer, maybe twice as long.
Right now it's 2 days. It should probably be 4 days, with 1 non-signing day as suggested, and 3 regular signing days.
10/7/2016 12:47 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 10/7/2016 12:33:00 PM (view original):

Wiping out a significant portion of previous credit was designed so that getting a full recruiting budget wasn't too much of an advantage. But wiping out your credit while still listing you as up against the 20 HV/1 CV limit is ridiculous. That has to be an oversight. Just has to be.

As for your second point about needing 1-2 cycles to open up recruiting actions, I totally agree and have been beating that drum for a while now
I just double checked. It's called "New Coach Reduction". Wiped out 573 attention points, 20 home visits and 1 campus visit. I am positive he was at "very high" before I took the job. But I am mistaken on the "very low" part. He was at just "low" with me. Regardless, he signed elsewhere and I had no chance.
10/7/2016 12:51 PM
Posted by toysboys on 10/7/2016 12:51:00 PM (view original):

I just double checked. It's called "New Coach Reduction". Wiped out 573 attention points, 20 home visits and 1 campus visit. I am positive he was at "very high" before I took the job. But I am mistaken on the "very low" part. He was at just "low" with me. Regardless, he signed elsewhere and I had no chance.
The credit being wiped out sounds like what was told to us. But you should still be able to send your own HVs and CV. That is dumb. They should fix that.
10/7/2016 1:02 PM

I think it is a BUG that you can not reoffer the HV and even the CV (though someone else could do a CV before you and get the 5th one).

I would make sure Customer Service knows that.

I have no issue with all previous effort going away.. But I would like to see them reset the number of visits (so you can redo them). I also think they should leave all recruiting actions Unlocked for recruits who were recruited by the other coach.

Again.. No problem zeroing out the effort initially, but you should immediately br able to put 20 HV back on that guy and reoffer a CV. That is my take.

Are you sure the reason you could not HV was the previous visits or was it just that you needed to unlock HVs?
10/7/2016 1:07 PM (edited)
Posted by hughesjr on 10/7/2016 1:05:00 PM (view original):

I think it is a BUG that you can not reoffer the HV and even the CV (though someone else could do a CV before you and get the 5th one).

I have no issue with all previous effort going away.. But I would like to see them reset the number of visits. I also think they should leave all recruiting actions Unlocked for recruits who were recruited by the other coach.

Again.. No problem zeroing out the effort initially, but you should immediately br able to put 20 HV back on that guy and reoffer a CV. That is my take.

Are you sure the reason you could not HV was the previous visits or was it just that you needed to unlock HVs?
I like that actions remain unlocked. Good idea.
10/7/2016 1:07 PM
Moving jobs will be a big problem. But that's ok, we should all pay for a season to implement that. Good thing we can "plan accordingly".

EE's are just the rich hoarding players, but these pesky newbies shifting teams, OFF with their heads too! You see guys, it's just about planning accordingly, you just need to know the game better. I wonder if anyone is offering to be a mentor since they know such much about the game and it's intricacies.
10/7/2016 1:08 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/7/2016 1:07:00 PM (view original):

I have no issue with all previous effort going away.. But I would like to see them reset the number of visits (so you can redo them). I also think they should leave all recruiting actions Unlocked for recruits who were recruited by the other coach.

It definitely said I had maxed out on my home visits and campus visits.

And I agree that it is ok to take away the credit, but I should be allowed to visit 20 more times and offer a CV.
10/7/2016 1:10 PM
Toys he was very high for Kentucky and I think medium for Simai Louisville but once u got UK Louisville went very high and then basically screwed u out of recruiting him.
10/7/2016 1:58 PM
Yup, that's the one wayk. I really think this needs to be addressed as I literally had no chance to sign the player. Ticket sent, we'll see how they respond.
10/7/2016 2:30 PM
The length of the second recruiting period is idiotic. I mean honestly.
10/7/2016 3:06 PM
Spud, will you mentor me. I want to be just like you and have that kind of success. Please. Pretty please!!!!!
10/7/2016 3:55 PM
Posted by texrangers19 on 10/7/2016 3:06:00 PM (view original):
The length of the second recruiting period is idiotic. I mean honestly.
So true. EEs and job changes have no chance... At least 1 out of 10 walking are good now!
10/7/2016 7:45 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Session 2 is only 9 Processing Times?!?!?! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.