Session 2 is only 9 Processing Times?!?!?! Topic

Posted by waykbordr on 10/6/2016 8:31:00 PM (view original):
Because with 2 SRs you don't have very many options and went after 2 guys to fill those 2 spots with my 2 spots worth of budget. Now how stupid would that be to have went after 4 (I thought on,y 2 EE but got lucky with a 3rd go) recruits. Spreading your self thin and not signing anyone is worse that getting 1 guy.

how have u done it with your EEs since u seem too have it figured out?
What I did at Illinois with two openings, and anticipating one EE, was to go after the two guys, but I just put some AP and a scholarship on a late guy, in case I had an EE. It worked beautifully (although I am sure I did get lucky in my battles). Signed the two guys, did indeed have an EE, then signed him in the first cycle of the second session.

At Oklahoma, I had 0 openings, but knew I'd have at least one EE. I just kept piling 40 AP a cycle into a nice 4 star guy. Managed to sign him, but had 2 EEs, and could not win the battle for the second guy I decided to try for. Several teams were after him, and I think they had been piling AP into him all along, so I could not even get to high. But you definitely want to get some credit on a late player if you know you'll have some EEs. You at least want to unlock them so you can make a play for them in the first cycle of the second session without waiting to unlock them.
10/7/2016 7:54 PM
Posted by toysboys on 10/7/2016 12:18:00 PM (view original):
I changed jobs in Wooden to a team with 5 openings. The previous coach signed 1 in the first cycle but I still had 4 open schollys. Before I took it over, there was a 5 star recruit who was at "very high" in considering the school but when I took over, the recruit was at "very low". Checking the history there is a new coach penalty which seems to wipe out all previous effort. And since he was max recruited with 20 HV and a CV, I could not offer any more.

It's a real disadvantage to change schools. Yes you get the extra recruiting money and you can basically scout every recruit to level 4, but that matters little when 2/3rds of the recruits are gone and all the good recruits are already at "very high" and have had way more attention points allocated to them. On top of that, guys will sign at any time. So some of the attention points and home visits that I've given out are wasted. For instance it took me two turns to allocate attention points to a guy to open recruiting actions. So then I granted 10 home visits but then he signs with the other team on the following cycle and I just lost all of my effort.

My fault for taking a team with this many openings, but this will certainly discourage movement to new teams. Perhaps in D3 or D2 this is not an issue, but it most definitely is at D1.
I agree, I would send in a ticket about that. It does not seem fair - it is already hard enough without a penalty like that.
10/7/2016 7:56 PM
Posted by lakevin on 10/7/2016 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Spud, will you mentor me. I want to be just like you and have that kind of success. Please. Pretty please!!!!!
Of course. I'm so impressed with your forum contributions.
10/7/2016 10:41 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123
Session 2 is only 9 Processing Times?!?!?! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.