International Free Agent Topic

Yeah. What you're showing us is that you didn't have the top offer, but once you did, he started rejecting offers in all forms. That doesn't seem right. Any of the experts have a possible explanation?

10/7/2016 11:48 AM
I'd put in a ticket. For clarification if nothing else.
10/7/2016 7:31 PM
Exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. I got typical "boost your offer" messages at first. Then I got the "I can't live up to your expectations" messages with an X. He signed with another team for way less than what I offered. Frustrating to say the least.
10/7/2016 7:59 PM
CS said I offered too much money.. must be a new change.
10/8/2016 1:28 AM
You. Beat. The. Other. *******. Guy.

Dunno, I see guys going for 25-30 mil in my worlds...

10/8/2016 2:01 AM
It's not new. I got the same message back in Season 1 of Joey Belle. Didn't make sense but it is not new.
10/8/2016 8:25 AM
Thought that might be the case. So, is it fair to deduce that IFA players may randomly be coded with possible hidden attributes?

1/ Player may have a ceiling assigned to the amount of money he is willing to accept on a contract.

2/ Player may be coded to dislike other variables such as coaching or home ballpark. In other words, Player won't want to play for your team.

10/8/2016 9:24 AM
10/6/2016 11:30 PM Minor League w/ Spring Training Invite 1 None $21,507,650 Rejected

Wow that is completely insane.
10/11/2016 2:11 PM
Posted by damag on 10/8/2016 9:24:00 AM (view original):
Thought that might be the case. So, is it fair to deduce that IFA players may randomly be coded with possible hidden attributes?

1/ Player may have a ceiling assigned to the amount of money he is willing to accept on a contract.

2/ Player may be coded to dislike other variables such as coaching or home ballpark. In other words, Player won't want to play for your team.

I think it's #1.
10/11/2016 2:18 PM
it isn't any hidden attributes, it is based on their OVR...had a similar case a few years back...was bidding on a stud catcher who had very low durability which held his OVR down below 70...if i recall correctly, somewhere around 18M he kept rejecting my offer and i ended up losing him to another team...not sure exactly what the numbers are, but i'd venture to guess that any IFA with a "true" OVR over 70 doesn't have any limit on the amount that can be offered
10/12/2016 4:20 PM
I don't see the point of having a ceiling on what they'll take. What player in their right mind would ever turn down an offer and say "Sorry, I'm not worth that much"? And it's not like you're hurting the franchise for the future, because IFA money always comes from the current season's budget.

The only thing I can see is that CS is trying to protect themselves from the inevitable messages from dumb owners with low scouting: "This guy projected at a 90 overall with my $10M IFA budget and when I spent $30M on him, he's projecting as a 65 overall. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!"
10/12/2016 4:38 PM
more likely they don't want to cripple franchises with ignorant owners signing worthless players to exorbitant contracts...however, it clearly does present a problem albeit an exceedingly rare one
10/12/2016 11:32 PM
The game attempts to protect us from ourselves. I assume this is one of those cases.
10/13/2016 7:07 AM
So in the OP's case, you could look at it like the game was telling him "nah he isn't worth 23 million." Kind of like when you make a tentative offer to an player but you doubt your projections, and then you see that none of the other owners are challenging you.

10/13/2016 7:33 AM
It was this guy. I'm sure the 44 DUR played a role.

Player Profile: Ruben Dolis - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
10/13/2016 7:50 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
International Free Agent Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.