Sim signed players to my team? Topic

Okay so I decided to give D1 another try in 3.0. I took over Texas, San Antonio and tried to recruit some guys in the colossal f'up the admins are calling "2nd recruiting cycle". I was able to sign 1 dude with 6 openings. I wasn't that upset because I figure I could do some damage with 6 openings when the new recruiting period starts. The world rolls over and I go look at my team and low and behold, the sims signed two jv players to my squad. Now I lose those attention points which is going to hurt bigtime. WTF is going on? There were no schollie offers made when I took over team from sim ai.
10/6/2016 2:26 PM
Someone had posted that SIM AI signs players to your team and that you can cut them but you won't get recruiting AP or dollars until the 2nd recruiting session.
10/6/2016 2:29 PM
Yes.. I think you can only have 2 walkons.
10/6/2016 2:46 PM
I think it's three walk-ons, but yes, they won't let you drop below a certain number of scholarship players.
10/6/2016 2:47 PM
Well isn't that some serious BS.
10/6/2016 3:20 PM
Crockett (walk-on) is a nice player. Can you post his potentials?
10/6/2016 4:56 PM
so are the walk-ons in HD3 just all over the place? i had heard they were much better, but the one i got in knight is total garbage.
10/6/2016 6:01 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 10/6/2016 6:01:00 PM (view original):
so are the walk-ons in HD3 just all over the place? i had heard they were much better, but the one i got in knight is total garbage.
They adjusted them to be better during one beta season, to the point that several walk ons were drafted, then said they were going to adjust them to be more balanced, but all the ones I saw after that were the same quality as 2.0
10/6/2016 6:05 PM
Low DI walk on

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3480306
10/6/2016 8:40 PM
There are walkons and sim signed players.. Make sure we are talking about the same things.

On will have a scholarship and one will not.

Here is what the guide says about auto signing :

Human coached teams will now auto-sign players after recruiting ends to get to 3 openings or less. So, if a team has 5 openings, they would auto-sign 2 players. The auto-sign logic at the end of recruiting will only sign guys to teams at their projected level. That means teams won't get lucky with a leftover from a higher division, and also won't get stuck with a guy from a lower division.

So yes.. You can have 3 walkons only.
10/6/2016 8:48 PM
Posted by bakerbarnett on 10/6/2016 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 10/6/2016 6:01:00 PM (view original):
They adjusted them to be better during one beta season, to the point that several walk ons were drafted, then said they were going to adjust them to be more balanced, but all the ones I saw after that were the same quality as 2.0
haha, of course....draft-worthy or garbage. there is no in-between.

i always thought it would be nice to just occasionally get a walk-on that could at least be a third-string player once in awhile or have super high development potential.
10/6/2016 10:05 PM
he sucks cubcub. Mostly yellow and red, only thing green is durability.
10/7/2016 11:23 AM
The scholly players the sim signed were Prater and Conti.
As a low D1 I could have really used those 20ap's...Oh well
10/7/2016 11:24 AM
Sim signed players to my team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.