which was dumber? Topic

Showalter not putting Britton in during the 11th inning, or Collins taking Syndergaard out before he had to?
10/6/2016 4:16 PM
Talked to a Met friend today. He says the Mets are terrified of injuring another young arm. So, if that's the case, I assume Syndergaard reached his pitch limit.
10/6/2016 4:52 PM
He was over 100 pitches. That's typically the magic number for young arms.
10/6/2016 5:09 PM
Mike is right, There has been a lot of Mets talk about pitch limits and innings limits. I was originally under the impressing Synderbitch had an easy motion, but now I read thats not the case.

Either way, he gave them what they needed. Familia SHOULD have been in that situation and SHOULD have performed. He blew it.

Jiminez SHOULDN'T have been in in that situation. Thats all Showalter's fault. And it made all the lil O's fans cry.
10/6/2016 5:13 PM
Syndergaard had actually thrown fewer than 100 pitches in each of his last 4 regular season starts. He pitched over 7 innings only 3 times all season. I understand why the manager wouldn't want to throw him into an unfamiliar situation in a critical game, particularly given that Collins would have to have felt that he had the superior bullpen in this game if it started to draw out as the AL game had.
10/6/2016 5:22 PM
I kind of felt like Bumgarner might have pitched 11.

Syndergaard doesn't have an easy motion. It looks all good and easy then he explodes. Looks like a lot of arm action to me.
10/6/2016 5:34 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 10/6/2016 5:13:00 PM (view original):
Mike is right, There has been a lot of Mets talk about pitch limits and innings limits. I was originally under the impressing Synderbitch had an easy motion, but now I read thats not the case.

Either way, he gave them what they needed. Familia SHOULD have been in that situation and SHOULD have performed. He blew it.

Jiminez SHOULDN'T have been in in that situation. Thats all Showalter's fault. And it made all the lil O's fans cry.
+1
10/6/2016 5:49 PM
MadBum isn't that much older than Syndergaard. Why is it not a problem for him? As soon as Collins took Syndergaard out, I knew the Giants were going to win. Bumgarner would fight Boche before he let them take him out.
10/6/2016 6:52 PM
Body type.
10/6/2016 7:09 PM
Their deliveries are wildly different. Syndergaard's is high effort, Bumgarner's is very low effort. Syndergaard throws a lot harder. It's also possible that Syndergaards throws more pitches in warm-up. That was a big part of Pedro's somewhat famous issue going deep into starts - he apparently threw something like 50 pitches at full effort as part of his warmup, which put him upwards of 30 ahead of a lot of other guys before he ever took the mound. Obviously we don't know that about Syndergaard, but there are factors of that nature that fans just don't tend to see.
10/6/2016 8:24 PM
I know you love the long post but it's really not that complicated. MB is thick, NS is thin. MB uses lower body, NS is arm. It really is that simple.
10/6/2016 8:50 PM
I read that Syndergaard threw more 98+ mph pitches last night than the Phillies and Indians did as a team all season.

I'd wager he'd put a lot of stress on his arm by 100 pitches.
10/6/2016 11:40 PM
Their playing weights are off by 10 pounds. Body types are not wildly different.
10/7/2016 1:13 AM
Dahs - 'playing weights' are bullshit and you know it.

A big, tall pitcher with an easy action and heavy fastball is gonna be able to go longer than a lanky, high effort pitcher. Especially after a full season where the lanky dude had some arm issues.
10/7/2016 6:36 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2016 1:13:00 AM (view original):
Their playing weights are off by 10 pounds. Body types are not wildly different.
Did you see the game? If so, are you going to tell me their "Body types are not wildly different" with a straight face? One guy is built like roiding Roger Clemens and the other looks more like Randy Johnson.
10/7/2016 7:29 AM
12 Next ▸
which was dumber? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.