which was dumber? Topic

Pablo Sandoval's playing weight is 240 pounds. Because that is accurate right?
10/7/2016 7:34 AM
Little League?
10/7/2016 7:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/7/2016 7:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2016 1:13:00 AM (view original):
Their playing weights are off by 10 pounds. Body types are not wildly different.
Did you see the game? If so, are you going to tell me their "Body types are not wildly different" with a straight face? One guy is built like roiding Roger Clemens and the other looks more like Randy Johnson.
I looked it up because your assertion about their body types sounded wrong to me. Syndergaard is thinner, but Bumgarner is not "thick," and this roiding Roger Clemens bullshit is absurd. I'd maybe call him an average build pitcher. And he used to be thinner. It's not like he didn't pitch deep into games then. I don't think build has much, if anything, to do with it. It's all about the delivery and effort level, and Syndergaard's clearly got a more violent and max-effort delivery.

Speaking of Randy Johnson, he never had any trouble going deep into games. In Mark Fidrych's big rookie season he led the league in CG. Dude was a stick.
10/7/2016 2:09 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 10/7/2016 7:34:00 AM (view original):
Pablo Sandoval's playing weight is 240 pounds. Because that is accurate right?
Pablo's current list weight is 255, and he's short. I'm pretty sure he's been closer to 280 at times, but there are times in his career he's probably been as low as 220 or 225. It's not like 240 or 255 is wildly off from what he weighed in at at some point.
10/7/2016 2:10 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Their playing weights are off by 10 pounds. Body types are not wildly different.
Did you see the game? If so, are you going to tell me their "Body types are not wildly different" with a straight face? One guy is built like roiding Roger Clemens and the other looks more like Randy Johnson.
I looked it up because your assertion about their body types sounded wrong to me. Syndergaard is thinner, but Bumgarner is not "thick," and this roiding Roger Clemens bullshit is absurd. I'd maybe call him an average build pitcher. And he used to be thinner. It's not like he didn't pitch deep into games then. I don't think build has much, if anything, to do with it. It's all about the delivery and effort level, and Syndergaard's clearly got a more violent and max-effort delivery.

Speaking of Randy Johnson, he never had any trouble going deep into games. In Mark Fidrych's big rookie season he led the league in CG. Dude was a stick.
Have you seen Bumgarner with a t-shirt on? He looks like a linebacker. His motion is step-and-turn, and he gets movement and deception from his arm angle and relaxed movement.

Syndergaard looks like a stoner (see Lincecum, Tim). They rely on a whippy arm motion for speed/movement. Much more susceptible to arm issues... especially when going max effort for 100+ pitches. I maintain that Lincecum was never the same after his 150-pitch no-hitter.
10/7/2016 2:19 PM
Comparing Syndergaard to Lincecum is really not fair. It's a lot easier to throw upper 90s when you're 6'6" than when you're 5'10".
10/7/2016 2:20 PM
I should have simply posted pics because I knew you'd be too stubborn to admit your yammering was unnecessary. *** and thighs.

10/7/2016 2:30 PM
MikeT.

Checking out dude's *****.

But I'm not judging.
10/7/2016 2:51 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):

Regarding:

" Speaking of Randy Johnson, he never had any trouble going deep into games. In Mark Fidrych's big rookie season he led the league in CG. Dude was a stick"

Did you really use Mark ******* Fidrych to defend your line of thought? The guy is on the Mt Rushmore of Pitchers-That-Were-Overused-Early-In-Their-Career. Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are on there too. Not sure of #4.
10/7/2016 2:54 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/mlb-playoffs-sf-giants-madison-bumgarner-record-schedule-cubs-wild-card-san-francisco-100516

Sorry, MadBum may have once been 'lanky' but he's definitely in the prototypical big bodied, tall innings eating starter type at this point.
10/7/2016 2:57 PM
Maybe not lanky, but he's still closer to Syndergaard than this:

10/7/2016 6:19 PM
I don't think they're 'close' either way, I am sure of that when syndergaard got pulled, it was probably the right move.
10/7/2016 6:42 PM

10/7/2016 6:47 PM
◂ Prev 12
which was dumber? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.