Here’s the scenario:

I have 12 scholarships and seemed like I was in pretty good shape to fill them all at the right position. I was looking to get 1 TE, which I got lucky and have a pretty darn good TE, James Gardner, that’s 18 miles from me. He was considering Albion (~730 miles away), coached by ‘uti94' after the first update, so I made some efforts and eventually got onto his considering list. The recruit messages seemed to indicate that I was in front. I followed up a few times after and everything indicates that I am in the lead.

Here’s where it gets interesting. The following update after my phone call, James Gardner is now considering Huntingdon (550 miles), coached by ‘ealliance’. AND not only is James Gardner considering Huntingdon, two of the other recruits considering me (and had never been considering anyone else through the process), were now considering Huntingdon. Those recruits are Daniel Bell (730 miles from him), and Joshua Rushing (357 miles from him).

Now that struck me as odd by itself, especially because Huntingdon (I’ve heard) is one of the best places to recruit from, due to how many recruits supposedly are generated within 360 miles. So why target 2 guys that are that far away, especially with one (James Gardner) who is already being fought over by 2 other schools? I saw that Huntingdon is one of the best schools in the recruit distribution thread from yatzr.

So I’m already thinking that something shady may be happening with Albion and Huntingdon, then I check the team history. Nothing pops out as odd with Albion. Huntingdon, though, was very interesting. Since ‘ealliance’ has taken over at Huntingdon, Huntingdon has won ONE game. One. The total record is 1-64 under ‘ealliance’. And this is supposed to be one of the best schools to recruit from in GD. It's an odd contrast between his teams, as his profile shows that his team in Dobie world, Maranatha Baptist, is currently 13-0, and his other team, Marist, in Yost world, is currently 14-2. Why are two of his teams constantly really good, but his Huntingdon team seems to be intentionally losing every game?

Does anyone else think this is questionable? And if so, does anybody know how to get WIS to look into this?

10/6/2016 8:21 PM (edited)
Forgot to mention. Huntingdon has 38 players on their roster. All 38 are sophomores.
10/6/2016 8:18 PM
I'm not going to try to guess whether you are on to something or not Dale. But shady things being done with aliases have been known to occur in WIS games. You should send in your suspicion to WIS. You can do so by sending in a Ticket. You can do so from your WIS homepage. You will find it on the right hand side under the My account section. They might be able to tell if these guys are working off of the same computer address. Good luck either way.
Click on Support Tickets and go from there.
10/6/2016 8:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 10/6/2016 10:33:00 PM (view original):
"DaleDoback" seems pretty informed on the workings of GD for a guy just starting out at D3. Huntingdon isn't producing 0-13 seasons unless it's on purpose.
My thoughts exactly ebel331. the team with 38 sophs is nuts, ive never seen anything like that. also losing on purpose, this is fishier than catfish Fridays at my local pub.
10/6/2016 11:01 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by SNIX on 10/6/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by matthewjohns on 10/6/2016 11:01:00 PM (view original):
"DaleDoback" seems pretty informed on the workings of GD for a guy just starting out at D3. Huntingdon isn't producing 0-13 seasons unless it's on purpose.
My thoughts exactly ebel331. the team with 38 sophs is nuts, ive never seen anything like that. also losing on purpose, this is fishier than catfish Fridays at my local pub.
If you agree with ebel you're stupid he's the biggest cheater and low life of GD ever.
Ive never seen your name before snix? Next time you try to force your opinion on others have good evidence to back up your ridiculous/ignorant claim. Good day sir.
10/6/2016 11:08 PM
I did take jibe's advice and submitted a ticket. Will see what WIS says.

ebel/matthew, I used to play Hoops Dynasty a few years ago, so i know a bit about how these types of games work, just haven't played GD before
10/6/2016 11:56 PM
No one is more competitive than me. But anyone that is that desperate to win in Wis that they have to cheat, well that is just pretty pathetic.
10/7/2016 12:12 AM
If you agree with ebel you're stupid he's the biggest cheater and low life of GD ever.
Sorry I couldn't make things work with your mother but I think it's time to move on, son. #friendship
10/7/2016 7:40 AM
It looks like he is spending all of his practice time on special teams.
10/7/2016 11:31 AM
CS responded saying that they would get back with me in 48 hours. Stay tuned.....
10/7/2016 12:45 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 10/7/2016 7:40:00 AM (view original):
Sorry I couldn't make things work with your mother but I think it's time to move on, son. #friendship
ROFL!!!!!!
10/7/2016 3:34 PM
I don't get into this stuff but that mother response say a lot ebel331
10/8/2016 11:02 AM
Did you ever get a response from WIS Customer "service" ?
10/11/2016 2:31 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.