ODL 62 Team Rosters and stuff Topic

TEAM ROSTERS

1. amerk1180 - W. Chamberlain Terry Porter, Charlie Ward, Buck Williams, Carmelo Anthony,
2. beachhouse - Lebron James, Anthony Davis, A. Drummond, Jose Calderon, Kenneth Faried,
3. 98 average - Stephen Curry, Bill Walton, Joakim Noah, Kevin Johnson, Bo Outlaw,
4. bds9992 - K. Abdul-Jabbar, Deron Williams, R. Gobert, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, C. Anderson, M. Beasley
5. cjok1051 - Michael Jordan, Mookie Blaylock, A Stoudemire, Larry Nance, Wes Unseld, J. Lucas. E.Ilyasova
6. bkbillups - Shawn Marion, Marcus Camby, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, C. Boozer, J.R. Smith, Michael Redd
7. jt7king - Shaq O'Neal, Dwight Howard, Jason Terry, Damon Jones, Mike Miller, Jim Les, Fred Hoiberg
8. thomcat - Moses Malone, Elton Brand, Bobby Jones, Eddie Jones, Nate McMillan, Baron Davis, T. Hardaway
9. dh555 - David Robinson, Kevin McHale, D. Marshall, Walt Frazier, Mark, Jackson, J. Henson, N. Mohammed
10. benhoidal - K. Malone, Hassan Whiteside, Klay Thompson, Brent Barry, Mark Price, M. Williams, R. Evans
11. milest - Chris Paul, Bob McAdoo, Clyde Drexler, Larry Sanders, Kris Humphries, Nick Anderson, C. Maxwell
,12. scudmissle - Kevin Durant, D. Mutombo, Marques Johnson, Pau Gasol, A. English, Brent Price, Art Williams
13. eleibowitz - Larry Bird, O. Robertson, A. Kirilenko, Emeka Okafor, Lamar Odom, Chris Mullin, Cole Aldrich
14. mikee1 - D. Rodman, Manu Ginobili, Tracy McGrady, Andrew Bogut, Terrell Brandon, M. Gortat, J. Pryzbilla
15. all3 - Kevin Garnett, Artis Gilmore, Derek Harper, Paul Millsap, Kyle O'Quinn, K. Bazemore, W. Williams
16. ashamael - Charles Barkley, Steve Nash, Clifford Ray, Charlie Edge, B. Biyombo, George Hill, V. Carter
17. jcred5 - J. Stockton, Kawhi Leonard, T. Chandler, Chris Webber, A. Sabonis, Jameer Nelson, D. Roundfield
18. uptowngbv - Magic Johnson, B. Wallace, K. Love, Paul Pierce, Antonio McDyess, J. Tinsley, R. Beaubois
19. midzim - Dwayne Wade, H. Olajuwon, Horace Grant, Rajon Rondo, R. Anderson, A. Varejao, J. Moore
20. jkaye24 - DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green, J. Harden, R. Parish, Rodney McCray, E. Kanter, J. Bayless
21. ysw128 - Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Maurice Cheeks, Tree Rollins, Tony Parker, Omer Asik, M. Smith
22. copernircus - Jason Kidd, Bill Russell, Patrick Ewing, Ray Allen, Al Horford, Blake Griffin, Cory Alexander
23. jhsukow - S. Pippen, Julius Erving, T. Boerwinkle, Serge Ibaka, Gerald Wallace, Charles Oakley, J. Williams
24. banditone - A. Hardaway, A. Mourning, Jerry Lucas, C. Hawkins, Wesley Person, Jerry West, Chris Gatling
10/15/2016 3:18 PM (edited)
most are excellent pairings at this point: 10-24.

I'm intrigued by pippen and erving. two cats of the same orange fur. claws, teeth, agility and style. fun team. clever way to use 16m

though I like garnett and Gilmore duo (one offers what the other doesn't), having a bit of trouble swallowing the shaq-howard combo because both seem like the same player. must have 1500 missed fta's between them. on the other hand, the duo is a bit seductive.

gotta a tiger by the tail in wade and hakeem. lots of upside... lots of downside. funny thing about these two, if you have no one to counter punch with, good luck, king mosavi.

barkley-nash... at this point, keeping fingers crossed to keep it close with these 2... with or without great defenders. I don't think these guys care who man's-up to them.

timmy and chauncey: classic pairing. looks good on paper. "very pretty, colonel... very pretty... but can they FIGHT!?" (dirty dozen)

penny and Alonzo - sweetened ice tea in mid-august. always welcomed. nice way to spend 8mil+ twice

overcast skies: having a little trouble seeing the sun with Stockton and kawhi. both excellent role players. a solid 1-2 punch in the backcourt. who will be the moses that leads them out of the desert? wo zhi dao (I know), it's so early scud... still...

same thing for kidd and Russell: always thought is was important to secure a top tier scorer in the first or second round. on the other hand, something to be said for all-star role players.

magic's a solid tier 2 scorer, but gets more attempts with big ben hangin' around. magic wasn't drafted to score too much however boards n the backcourt, dimes, fta's, and 3's make him loaded dice.

paul and McAdoo. I couldn't decide between McAdoo or mutombo for the longest time. no surprise McAdoo went right after my pick by milest. chris and bob have similar efg%'s, but neither is a guru from the outside nor the inside. but that never stopped milest before.

I've seen the bird-Oscar pairing before, and it wasn't pretty. but this is eleibowitz were talking about. man the torpedoes!

Durant - mutombo. what's not to like?
10/8/2016 5:56 AM (edited)
wow! imo, the top duo thus far, D-Rob and McHale. a tad costly, but dh knows all about purse strings. I like big men who can hit free throws and who go to the line a lot. clean, clean games. the league becomes one giant santa to an already savvy owner. sheesh.
10/7/2016 8:36 PM
I've finished third in my conference with a O-Rob/Bird back court. It can work.
And yeah, Shaq and Dwight are like the same player... to me it makes it a great pairing. I like it when my teams have a strength, then I use the rest of my picks to balance.
10/7/2016 8:54 PM
"have a strength" is the understatement of the season...
10/7/2016 9:02 PM
kinda leanin' toward jabbar - deron Williams duo as nudging out McHale's navy (the admiral) for the top spot so far
10/8/2016 12:28 AM
Crossing my fingers to see if my third rounder is available.. (not saying another word...)
10/8/2016 12:40 AM
1. amerk1180 - W. Chamberlain
2. beachhouse - Lebron James

Stephen Curry, Bill Walton, 5000 mins of pure gold... for 15m. never seen anyone draft manu and Walton together4450 mins for 13+mil. still, having these two great players, an owner is always looking at the clock. OT games come at a high cost. let's pray this doesn't happen too often. but I like what I see.

K. Abdul-Jabbar, Deron Williams: fireworks and popcorn. wouldn't mind buying season tickets to see these 2 team up. so, what to do now? clever spending the rest of the way should be the motto. don't mean how much, rather, how much to offer. one more big money guy and things get tight quickly.

Michael Jordan, Mookie Blaylock: mj's ugly sister. befuddled by the mookie pick. yes, deron was available, and so were many others. mook doesn't dime that well, nor shoot that well. decent on boards, but so are many others manning the hardwood. 2 solid defenders, no doubt... alchemy is in question

Shawn Marion, Marcus Camby,: not a bad showing for losing your 1st rounder and bunching up picks later. lots of bang for the buck here. scorers are plentiful in this league, but not players who play clean games and come equipped with unique skill sets. still, a little too low-octane

Shaq O'Neal, Dwight Howard are gonna steal the show (from each other). this doesn't sit with me well because of the need for 13-18% usage guys who can round out the pairing. when playing this monster duo, I'm gonna set "intentionally foul" at 10 mins left.

Moses Malone, Elton Brand,- whew boy! approaching 20 ml (prefer the 8.6m brand), big bucks on big men. both get to the ft line and hit them. important for those last few minutes when being hacked. dime time. a plethora still available.
10/8/2016 6:27 AM
oh no, you mean someone needs to shoot the ball? oops....
10/8/2016 7:14 AM
Posted by copernicus on 10/8/2016 7:14:00 AM (view original):
oh no, you mean someone needs to shoot the ball? oops....
I deserved that... but talking about kidd and Russell was like eating a peanut butter sandwich without milk. sorry, cope

too much time on my hands. just adding reading material. but national week is over in china now... so, back to work again. no more drivel from me
10/8/2016 7:32 AM (edited)
no worries (and by all means carry on!), I do have a plan but who doesn't at this point?
10/8/2016 8:01 AM
wow... the Admiral, McHale and now an outside game with more glass cleaning... D. Marshall! "train keepa rollin' all night long..."
10/8/2016 5:37 PM (edited)
So how does the Mookie/MJ pairing look now that I've added Amare Stoudemire? This is perhaps the first time that second round/third round selections went exactly how I planed.
10/9/2016 12:26 PM
well, cjok...you now have a couple of great white sharks with big appetites (nice combo - nice %'s), but mookie with his low 20's% ast rate dilutes the process a bit I think, even though you established a remarkable inside-out game. I still think you need to add a bunch of tuna to keep the sharks full.
10/9/2016 3:53 PM
6. bkbillups - Shawn Marion, Marcus Camby, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton,

this is what happens when you know what you're doing when you trade down. very nice late drafting in the 2nd... and early in the 3rd. this squad fits well together. kemp is a t.o. and foul machine, but no one else is. which payton season you using. I like the 50% 7 ast season. good value here with these 4. a little of everything, like beef stew. mmm.
10/9/2016 4:00 PM
1|2|3...12 Next ▸
ODL 62 Team Rosters and stuff Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.