ODL 62 Team Rosters and stuff Topic

24. banditone - A. Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Jerry Lucas, Connie Hawkins,

bandit, for all his past regressions, has stepped-up this draft and built a realistic contender (but who hasn't, haha). i love the mourning and hardaway picks. nice duo, like having a bubble bath with a Chinese "window girl". lucas, depending on the season was such a steal so late in the 3rd round. i prefer his 73 def season, good %'s and dimes, but i know everyone prefers his 55 fg% at6 50 def. but bandit should take a good look at the other season because he will need that slight usg bump. i hope bandit uses the 85 def season of Hawkins with the 14% usg. 47 threes made and 5 dimes a game while shooting 50%. nice addition to this team. using the seasons i suggested should garner a nice harvest of dimes and other things. good drafting so far, bandit.
10/12/2016 10:19 PM
fyi, I haven't drafted my 5th starter yet. That statement might still be true after my next pick. I have a ton of options still available, so it might make more sense to wait on that.
10/12/2016 11:04 PM
6. bkbillups - Shawn Marion, Marcus Camby, Shawn Kemp, Gary Payton, C. Boozer, J.R. Smith, Michael Redd

at one time, this team is like 4 2nd round picks & 1 first. Redd was a 3-4 staple & JR was always gone late in the 5th/early in the 6th.

Jesus.
10/12/2016 11:17 PM
Posted by ashamael on 10/12/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
fyi, I haven't drafted my 5th starter yet. That statement might still be true after my next pick. I have a ton of options still available, so it might make more sense to wait on that.
u referring to my barkley comment, ash? ok, will wait until your 5th round pick. absolutely agree with u about bk's picks, all like 2nd rounders. interesting comment. should have mentioned that in his eval. and I remember when u used to draft redd on a consistent basis
10/12/2016 11:52 PM (edited)
Posted by scudmissle on 10/12/2016 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 10/12/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
u referring to my barkley comment, ash? ok, will wait until your 5th round pick. absolutely agree with u about bk's picks, all like 2nd rounders. interesting comment. should have mentioned that in his eval. and I remember when u used to draft redd on a consistent basis
no, I mean that I still won't have drafted my 5th starter after the pick I just made. I have 4 starters & 2 backups. My 5th guy is still sitting there, and likely will be there when it comes back around. If not, there are 12 guys just like him.
10/13/2016 3:40 AM
wo ming bai (I understand) or, chaoyang (gotcha)
10/13/2016 5:45 AM
view from the office window. 16 people waiting under the aluminum canopy for a bus. 15 have their noses pressed close to their iphones, the other, rummaging through her bag. 6 women dressed in tight black slacks, the fashion trend in Beijing, to look slimmer. Chinese girls obsessed with slenderness. four pedestrians in a group, 3 noses in their iphones, the other, leading the blind. another overcast day yet Chinese dispositions are always sunny. perhaps it's the food here that brings out the best in the people, or maybe because of the economic explosion. still, most people work 10 hours a day and have to spend 4 hours a day getting to and fro from work. the traffic truly is a nightmare here. no drizzle yet but 10.5 million umbrellas ready at a moments notice. that's what they say about Beijing, 10.5 million people at any time, day or night ,on the streets. I love this city. i hate this place. miss America. miss college football. the bus arrives. a throng of people get off, their faces show the pressure of arriving on time. i'll be coming home for Christmas.
10/13/2016 6:58 AM (edited)
5. cjok1051 - Michael Jordan, Mookie Blaylock, Amare Stoudemire, Larry Nance, Wes Unseld

this team should be named, "the package".unseld delivers some precious dimes and a buncha boards while staying out of amare's way. this is another well-built squad in a league full of great teams now. but without unseld, i wasn;t sure if cjok would be able to pull it off. there are two top shelf scorers and a 3rd man who can score if needed. defense is very sound yet there's a sense of flow in this matrix of talent. if the 32%ast mookie is employed, Jordan should serve as a top 5 league scorer. that's saying a lot when amare is also scoring in the paint. 6th round should concentrate on some 30% ast guy and a small minute 30%usg guy to keep the flow at the no. 2 going all game. money looks to be a little short at hand, for the bench, so take heed and spend wisely. depending which division you're put into, you have a great chance of advancing into round 1. there are a few teams i see which can shut this squad down, but not too many. fine job of drafting after the mookie selection. this team was definitely built for Jordan. welcome to the party, cj. team name: The Package
10/13/2016 10:48 AM (edited)
10. benhoidal - Karl Malone, Hassan Whiteside, Klay Thompson, Brent Barry, Mark Price

here we go again, price, another excellent efg% player thrown into the chocolate mix. nice, nice selection, even after trading down two slots. can anyone say, THREES! but while Klay, Brent and Mark are popping from the outside the mailman is delivering and Hassan is terrorizing. i do not want this team in my division bds! howver, all that said, this squad is jones-ing for a boardman. sure, there are two good ones now, but not a dominant one, and one is needed. if ben and his metal detector can salvage something out of the sand, good god, this is gonna be a hellava obstacle to skirt from in the dance. brent barry is such an integral piece in the humble pie. the great white shark will be feasting off the coast in the pacific division. head east men and stay away unless you have to be in the movie. Team name: JAWS!
10/13/2016 7:16 AM (edited)
21. ysw128 - Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Maurice Cheeks, Tree Rollins,

i do not know how to ***** this team yet because i feel it is out of sorts. there's an important piece missing, and if this is true, the 5th round is a tough place to find it. so, what is missing? I'm not sure. billups and cheeks are such a great tandem here. one does what the other does not. both are formidable defenders and dishman. nice %'s. i have always been a Duncan fan and i like many of his seasons, even the latter seasons. i guess it may be the TREEhouse pick. never liked his game. he seems like a very late 5th rounder to me. he saves money, but that wasn't ysw's problem. he is a great defender but fouls like a bill Clinton invitation to the Lincoln bedroom. i am going to reserve my judgement until i see what transpires in the 5th round. however, all that being said, the defense is good enough to throw teams off their games and the offense is good enough to make this group viable and competitive. Team name: Corporation Shutdown & Something Missing
10/13/2016 7:30 AM (edited)
17. jcred5 - John Stockton, Kawhi Leonard, Tyson Chandler, Chris Webber,

webber was such a prolific 4th round pick. wanted him on my squad badly. just missed him. his 80def, 60+ threes and 4+ dimes a game make him the go-to guy on this team. he boards well enough for a PF and has a good efg%. nicely done jcred. now, kawhi has the green light to prove his worth for a no. 2 pick. Stockton has 2 guys to pass the ball too. in need of another scorer and a boarding SF that plays defense too. if these 2 missing parts appear in the 5th and 6th rounds, drop your *****, grab your socks and run. I wasn't a fan of this team before but webber changes things now. still, chandler cannot be relied upon to haul down big boards every game. he is just not that consistent, but he is an excellent center. the table is set, just missing the potatoes and gravy. Team name: Kawhi Tropical Fruit Punch
10/13/2016 9:21 AM
9. dh555 - David Robinson, Kevin McHale, Donyell Marshall, Walt Frazier, Mark, Jackson,

hope this team gets paired with ben's squad in the same division. UFC night in vegas! the octagon will be a happening. dh has paired two great guards. one manhandles his opponents while the other dishes and dishes while maintaining his journey-man status, feeding the all-star cast of monsters and generals. donyell can wait for the bus all day on the perimeter and add to the show when needed. this team is like Halloween at easter time, not welcomed and very intrusive. two top tier big men with solid defense and low t.o.'s and high fta and ft's made. what's not to like here, unless you're in the same division. Team name: Jack-'o-Lantern
10/13/2016 9:30 AM
12. scudmissle - Kevin Durant, Dikembe Mutombo, Marques Johnson, Pau Gasol, Alex English,

5th round pick of a full time English instead of choosing a pg is a gamble, but continuing with the teams symmetry was crucial in selecting this excellent back-up if I wanted to contend and utilize this formidable team efg%. lowest efg% thus far is 53% (gasol). these guys board, dime, and play clean. imo this is the best team on paper I have ever had in the odl, but it comes at a time when I have never seen so many great teams put together at the same time. have found two guards to platoon that fit very nicely together while continuing with the team dynamic. all players have either 70 or 60 ratings on def, just enough def to keep us in games. definitely going with the 2500 min Durant. his numbers are just too sweet to pass up, kind of like using the 2500 min barkley season, meaning, saving money but increasing intensity. team name: The Slim Man
10/13/2016 9:44 AM (edited)
13. eleibowitz - Larry Bird, Oscar Robertson, Andre Kirilenko, Emeka Okafor, Lamar Odom

I have leaned not to 2nd guess eleibowitz's approach to team building though I am often befuddled by some of his pairings, like the odom-kirilenko tandem. I am not a fan of the odom version he will be using, and I am not a big odom fan in general. that being said, I will have a size 13 foot inserted into my mouth by season's end, probably. eleibo see's things that I do not, like the movie, the sixth sense. anyway, what there is here, a dynamic scoring team that is efficient and quite talented. my favorite Oscar season is the 61 def, 50%fg, 9.4 dimes, 25usg% all for 7.1mil. love this version. but eleibo probably has a different thing in mind, hence he wins rings while I collect the 2.00 for making the playoffs. picks 3 and 4 were great. cheap and very effective. lots of value in the 2400 min okafor season. I suspect his stock will keep rising and rising. good drafting, until the odom pick. haha. team name: Bird Droppings
10/13/2016 9:54 AM
20. jkaye24 - DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green, James Harden, Robert Parish, Rodney McCray,

McCray in the 5th solidifies things. 3 dishman, 2 scorers, 1 giant boardman, 1 all-purpose glue-man. interesting team chemistry highlighted by terrific team defense. I suspect jkaye will go with the 80def, 55fg%, 4 dime version of McCray. his usage is a paltry 14%, but who cares when you've got harden and parish and green doing the scoring. still, McCray will earn two or three mvp game trophies during the season. he is that quietly good and often too under-rated in this league. the wis version of Rodney Dangerfield, no respect (like how I paired the 2 Rodney's?). the backcourt trio (have to consider green in that group) all dime well. harden mans the controls, McCray at the no.2 and green at the 3. this can work, and probably will. great, great rebounding advantages there. of course great boardmen in the frontcourt too. this squad could easily be in the top 2 or 3 for league rebounding, including orebs. I like this team. hell, I like so many teams. nice drafting. team name: Harden's Hard-ons
10/13/2016 10:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
ODL 62 Team Rosters and stuff Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.