ODL 62 Team Rosters and stuff Topic

21. ysw128 - Tim Duncan, Chauncey Billups, Maurice Cheeks, Tree Rollins, Tony Parker, Omer Asik, M. Smith

i'm dumfounded by the tony parper pick. his cheapest season is something like 3.5 mil, which for the life of me i have no idea how he fits comfortably onto this squad. cheeks and billups do not share the same percentages, and parkers usg% is even higher than billups, yet the 3.5 mil season forces him to back up cheeks which will probably cause a % imbalance or cancel the symmetry you had going there for awhile. i do nnot think you would sit cheeks as a starter in favor of parker. that isn't logical either. combined with the tree rollins pick i am not confident about this team now. i love the omer pick, though, and tony parker has good value and a few good efg% seasons. michael smith has so many good seasons to choose from and with varying prices. he is a very capable 20+% dreb and 10+% oreb back-up. his usage is low, so he will back up tree, most likely. timmy and chauncey are in need of a better supporting cast, like so many hollywood movies are too. playoff prediction: No
10/15/2016 6:49 AM (edited)
20. jkaye24 - DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green, J. Harden, R. Parish, Rodney McCray, E. Kanter, J. Bayless

well, like the last squad, i am a little lost with the bayless pick. i just don't see how he can be an effective back-up to harden who plays loose and fast and with high energy. bayless is like watching your sister do her homework. is there anything more boring? weird pick, and i am not a fan of any of his numbers. kanter, on the other hand comes with game, and backs-up parish very well, he has that great 3+mil season with the excellent %'s, but that is too much of a good thing here and would throw off team chemistry backing up jordan. there's a lot to like about this team. i suspect jkaye has something else in mind about bayless, like backing-up mccray and still in search of a sparkplug pg. mccray, green, harden, parish... the table is set and with jordan serving the boards, this could be a legitimate contender. i'm gonna create a 3rd category. playoff prediction: Bubble Team
10/15/2016 6:47 AM
19. midzim - Dwayne Wade, H. Olajuwon, Horace Grant, Rajon Rondo, R. Anderson, A. Varejao, J. Moore

mid has built a solid ball club here. don't see how he doesn't make the dance since he drafted a formidable part time sniper here that will make defenses honest. ryan anderson has a couple of outside popping partial seasons and he has always been a boardman and plays lots of positons. nice pick up there. varejao is another boardman and is surprisingly consistent with his numbers in this wis data base. some players just seem to realize their real life numbers and he's one of them. johhny moore has a very nice high usage back up season and will continue scoring when wade leaves the floor. do not know how much money mid has left, but finding bench players for grant and rajon shouldn't be a proble. there is good balance on this squad, good def and dimes. don't see a real weakness here. team fg% should be about 48-49% while holding opposing teams slightly below that. i envision 50 wins here, good enough to go dancing in a league of parity. playoff prediction: Yes
10/15/2016 9:58 AM
18. uptowngbv - Magic Johnson, B. Wallace, K. Love, Paul Pierce, Antonio McDyess, J. Tinsley, R. Beaubois

two very nice 6th round pick-ups here. rodrigue will back-up pierce nicely with his usg% and 3's and pierce's 3200 mins. i like when 2 players fill that slots team roster. and tinsley, if using his 26% usg season with 78 def and 58 threes, will compliment magic and back-up his 2900 mins nicely. good looking back court. the big men are versatile and effective and all have their specific roles spelled out. this is an extra large pizza with everything on it, except for one thing that bothers me a little... mushrooms! half the population loves em, and half doesn't, just like a paul pierce season. half the time he's like jordan, the other half, plays like my grandma. and since pierce is the go-to guy here and love and magic are 2nd tier scorers, a lot will depend on PP. to me, he's such an unknown force at times, i have to downgrade this team from dancing to... playoff prediction: Bubble Team
10/15/2016 10:08 AM
Posted by scudmissle on 10/15/2016 10:08:00 AM (view original):
18. uptowngbv - Magic Johnson, B. Wallace, K. Love, Paul Pierce, Antonio McDyess, J. Tinsley, R. Beaubois

two very nice 6th round pick-ups here. rodrigue will back-up pierce nicely with his usg% and 3's and pierce's 3200 mins. i like when 2 players fill that slots team roster. and tinsley, if using his 26% usg season with 78 def and 58 threes, will compliment magic and back-up his 2900 mins nicely. good looking back court. the big men are versatile and effective and all have their specific roles spelled out. this is an extra large pizza with everything on it, except for one thing that bothers me a little... mushrooms! half the population loves em, and half doesn't, just like a paul pierce season. half the time he's like jordan, the other half, plays like my grandma. and since pierce is the go-to guy here and love and magic are 2nd tier scorers, a lot will depend on PP. to me, he's such an unknown force at times, i have to downgrade this team from dancing to... playoff prediction: Bubble Team
I'll be using either 07-08 or 10-11 Pierce. Love is definitely the #1 scoring option.
10/15/2016 10:16 AM
17. jcred5 - J. Stockton, Kawhi Leonard, T. Chandler, Chris Webber, A. Sabonis, Jameer Nelson, D. Roundfield

for the first time in a long time here is an owner who drafted better in the latter rounds than in the beginning. not saying his first 3 rounds weren't good, just a tad uninspiring, like a nicolas cage movie. however, webber, sabonis, jameer and roundfield (underrated) were jewels! these 4 players suddenly make stockton and kawhi quite significant and have good chances of landing on the all-star team. chandler sighs a big relief. roundfield, aryvidas and mr. timeout when he had none, all board. jameer's 2.8ml season is one of the sweetest numbers game n ths wis data base. lots of bang for a high buck here. just 1300 mins. but the money's worth it. i like this team a lot. from decent to viable. i'm changing the team name from kawhi tropical fruit punch to, Tropical Punch and Vodka! playoff prediction: Yes
10/15/2016 1:40 PM (edited)
love goes from 23usg% to 29, and pierce's from 28 to 24? i do not want to look that number up, but i'm guessing around 24. well, the 3's stay about the same, but PP's fg% takes a big jump. yeah, this is probably a better dynamic, uptown. sorry about assuming the wrong players. i didn't look at your team post make-up closely enough. will do better going forward. i will re-evaluate your team when i get the chance.
10/15/2016 10:35 AM
taking a break for a spell. gonna make some coffee and sit on the balcony, enjoy the lights and sounds, and finally, the cool weather. clear my head. had to work and travel today. the smell of hong kong is still on my clothes. that city, for all it's fame and beauty, is a constipated gorilla to deal with.
10/15/2016 10:45 AM (edited)
Posted by scudmissle on 10/15/2016 6:47:00 AM (view original):
20. jkaye24 - DeAndre Jordan, Draymond Green, J. Harden, R. Parish, Rodney McCray, E. Kanter, J. Bayless

well, like the last squad, i am a little lost with the bayless pick. i just don't see how he can be an effective back-up to harden who plays loose and fast and with high energy. bayless is like watching your sister do her homework. is there anything more boring? weird pick, and i am not a fan of any of his numbers. kanter, on the other hand comes with game, and backs-up parish very well, he has that great 3+mil season with the excellent %'s, but that is too much of a good thing here and would throw off team chemistry backing up jordan. there's a lot to like about this team. i suspect jkaye has something else in mind about bayless, like backing-up mccray and still in search of a sparkplug pg. mccray, green, harden, parish... the table is set and with jordan serving the boards, this could be a legitimate contender. i'm gonna create a 3rd category. playoff prediction: Bubble Team
Finding a backup high usage PG to match harden not easy - bayless is a competent 4 pt usage with comparable ast to harden
10/15/2016 10:55 AM
Posted by scudmissle on 10/15/2016 6:26:00 AM (view original):
22. copernircus - Jason Kidd, Bill Russell, Patrick Ewing, Ray Allen, Al Horford, Blake Griffin, Cory Alexander

everything i wrote about this team before still stands, including the very good additions of blake and cory. i really like that alexander season and is a nice back-up for kidd, with similiar %'s. i'm sure you're gonna use that 1170 min griffin season with the 29 usg% and decent 50 efg%. he is a nice back-up for ewing since he can't oreb either nor dime. haha. but that's not what ewing and blake were drafted for. with kidd and allen lighting it up from the outside, and ewing and company from the inside, you will force defenses to cover both zones which always helps an offense to open things up a bit more. the key to this team will be horford's offensive production, how much and how often because in many games, he's gonna need to show up. once he evaporates, which he has the tendency to do at times, allen and ewing will not be enough, not even with a 1170 min griffin. there are so many well built teams in their league this season, i am not sure about the success of this squad. :playoff prediction: No
BOO! [also you totally missed the versions I'm using as they are posted just a few posts above yours]
10/15/2016 11:40 AM (edited)
Posted by scudmissle on 10/15/2016 10:35:00 AM (view original):
love goes from 23usg% to 29, and pierce's from 28 to 24? i do not want to look that number up, but i'm guessing around 24. well, the 3's stay about the same, but PP's fg% takes a big jump. yeah, this is probably a better dynamic, uptown. sorry about assuming the wrong players. i didn't look at your team post make-up closely enough. will do better going forward. i will re-evaluate your team when i get the chance.
Magic Johnson 89-90 Lakers PG 24.8 50.9 38.3 52.6 4.8 13.8 35.8 1.9 0.6
Jamaal Tinsley 03-04 Pacers PG 17.6 47.0 37.2 51.8 2.3 8.8 31.6 3.0 0.8
Paul Pierce 07-08 Celtics SF 25.3 49.7 38.9 52.9 2.2 13.5 16.9 1.7 0.8
Rodrigue Beaubois 09-10 Mavericks PG 24.8 57.8 40.8 59.4 1.9 10.1 13.4 1.9 1.0
Antonio McDyess 97-98 Suns PF 22.5 53.8 0.0 53.6 9.4 18.0 5.5 1.9 3.3
Kevin Love 13-14 Timberwolves PF 29.0 49.9 37.4 52.4 8.0 28.2 15.2 0.9 0.7
Ben Wallace 02-03 Pistons PF 10.3 48.8 16.7 48.2 11.3 32.7 6.2 1.8 5.1
10/15/2016 12:00 PM (edited)
22. copernircus - Jason Kidd, Bill Russell, Patrick Ewing, Ray Allen, Al Horford, Blake Griffin, Cory Alexander

Re-evalauton: sometimes in one's rush to get things done, a person just assumes by looking at the draft selection order, one player becomes the starter (AH) while the other (BG) is used as a back up, which was the case this time. I apologize for that assumption, cope, and, imo, the 2600 min blake @ 53fg%, 99 sf is a stronger choice than the full time horford, and horford's 950 min back-up season is ideal since both share similar usages now. with kidd's and Russell's very low usage, allen, blake and ewing have lots of room to operate and excel. the difference between 25.6usg% and 21 is a big step up, and that's what I was focusing on before, just didn't seem like enough rocket fuel on this voyager, not to mention horford'sd ability to get lost in a game at times. but it is griffin starting and that changes the dynamic enough to make this team quite dangerous offensively. however, with slightly less than decent def, I am still wondering how the boys will fare against so many defensive-offensive teams built thus far. but a full time starting blake bumps your team up a notch for sure. playoff prediction: Bubble Team
10/15/2016 12:52 PM

Re-evaluation: well, I definitely screwed the pooch on this eval. I never assumed you would be going with the 29%usg love and not using the 210-3's made version of PP. that's what I get for not checking first. given these changes, I really like 10-11 PP version and his 24%usg, 55efg%. though he doesn't quite dime as much as the 07-08 PP (both of the PP seasons you are looking at), his numbers are cleaner, and his price is cheaper. I am not a fan of the highest priced love season. only because for 8.1mil, I would want a better than 45%fg main go-to guy (52efg%). those numbers remind me of hakeem's top season, good, but not great. but it's hard to overlook those 190-3's made, but at 37%. 190-505? not to my liking. pierce's top season does better than that, and you lose precious dreb% going with love's top season. that 32% dreb - 12% oreb season is so special. anyway, PP is improved, but love is not. seems like a wash either way. the key to it all is magic, and he could improve love's shooting for sure. but I really liked the big ben and 10-11 love version to really dominate the boards and kicking it out to pierce and magic. I stand by my guns. in the midst of so many good teams, you barely miss the playoffs. NO
10/15/2016 1:10 PM (edited)
16. ashamael - Charles Barkley, Steve Nash, Clifford Ray, Charlie Edge, B. Biyombo, George Hill, V. Carter

George Hill and Barkley as Batman and Spiderman, and Vinsanity as the Joker, assuming you're gonna go with that delicious 66def, 2200 min version of carter. this trio really packs a punch, and having nash dish to them all, not to mention his own offensive prowess, this squad is a juggernaut offensively. there's enough boards thrown into the mix as well with edge, biyombo (which version?) and Clifford ray. there's some def in the frontcourt. plenty of ash-like dimes on this squad. not an overabundance of them, but above average. not an overabundance of anything here, just everything above average, except def. I think what's gonna make this team hard to stop is if nash can be on the floor at the same time as carter to keep the offensive continuity continuing. otherwise, ash has to hunt down 26+ast% backup, but seems like money is a concern at this point. but George hill in the 6th round is sick, and was a great find. this is a very good team managed by a proven winner. I suspect ash will lose the first 2 or 3 games to start the season (as he usually does) while he is doing his roster depth tinkering, and then it's off to the races. playoff prediction: YES
10/15/2016 1:23 PM
15. all3 - Kevin Garnett, Artis Gilmore, Derek Harper, Paul Millsap, Kyle O'Quinn, K. Bazemore, W. Williams

kyle O'Quinn steps aboard with his 81 def, 3 position effectiveness and clean numbers to mesh with this highly synchronized team. millsap and harper are excellent role players to help support the big 2, artis and KG. but what is also special is drafting Walt Williams and his decent 60+def ratings but prized efg% and 3's made. either 60 version, the 1.4 mil one at 900+ mins, or the 3.4mil, 66 def, 113-3's made. either season is the ideal back-up to millsap who doesn't shoot 3's but does what you want in a no.3 man. not a fan of the bazemore pick. he is average in all ways, but does play a little def. he is the kind of player that does not help the club too much, but he certainly doesn't hurt you either. one weakness is the lack of dimes, but kg and artis both dime some, so maybe I'm wrong about that, but I don't think so. one Achilles heel ain't bad (when you've got 4 BIG feet on this club). solid all around here. playoff prediction: Yes
10/15/2016 1:47 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
ODL 62 Team Rosters and stuff Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.