Attention Points: basic questions Topic

My only team is in Naismith, which just rolled over to the HD 3.0 a day or two ago. I'm really looking forward to the new recruiting methods but have a couple of basic questions about Attention Points.

First, as my team has four open slots next year, I have 100 AP at my disposal. My question: is that the total I get for the entire season? Or do I get 100 AP for the first recruiting period and 100 more for the second period? Or do I get 100 AP per cycle in each phase? (I'm actually hoping it's not the last one because then I'd need to be logged in between 11 PM and 5 AM, which is a no-go because of my obvious need for major beauty sleep!)

Second, I know that the number of AP it takes to unlock other actions like HV and CV will vary from player to player... but what kind of ballpark numbers are we talking about? I'm assuming that with getting 100 AP for four slots, there must be a lot of players for whom it only takes 5-10 AP to get them unlocked, but I'd rather hear from some coaches who've recruited under 3.0 as opposed to just guessing.

Thanks in advance for any info! And this may already be in Chapel's very helpful thread, I just read it long enough ago that I don't recall details on this.
10/7/2016 1:20 PM
100 every 6 hours.

Assign them all as you wish. If you identify 3 or 4 targets, then I would suggest still putting the vast majority into 1 or 2 primary targets. You will be able to see on the cycles what actions are unlocked and figure out how quickly the actions will be unlocked. With each signing, your AP will decline to match your current available openings.

It is key to scout to see the signing preference! Know whether your recruit is Early - Whenever or end of cycle #1 - or Late. That, along with the other preferences matches, will give you significant keys as to which recruits to prioritize.
10/7/2016 1:27 PM
100 each cycle, but it's cumulative, so you don't need to adjust (or check) every cycle. I do check in out of compulsion, but there's no real benefit I've been able to see at D1. If you are shooting for a homerun, loading all or most of your APs on one guy (who is really out of your league), it may benefit to check every cycle so you can re-assign APs immediately if someone you can't beat has jumped on the guy. But that's only one of many potentially effective recruiting strategies, and you can definitely plan your recruiting around missing certain cycles if you want without putting yourself in excess danger of losing all your effort and having no chance, as was often the case in the old version.
10/7/2016 2:12 PM (edited)
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2016 1:57:00 PM (view original):
100 each cycle, but it's cumulative, so you don't need to adjust (or check) every cycle. I do check in out of compulsion, but there's no real benefit I've been able to see at D1. If you are shooting for a homerun, loading all or most of your APs on one guy, it may benefit to check every cycle so you can re-assign APs immediately if someone you can't beat has jumped on the guy. But that's only one of many potentially effective recruiting strategies, and you can definitely plan your recruiting around missing certain cycles if you want without putting yourself in excess danger of losing all your effort and having no chance, as was often the case in the old version.
When you say I don't need to adjust each cycle, do you mean that the AP will be allocated the same way as in the previous cycle if you don't tweak them from cycle to cycle? That would be very helpful for us heavy sleepers, LOL.
10/7/2016 2:03 PM
Correct, once you distribute AP they will be allocated like that every cycle until you change them again. Or if you sign a player which reduces your AP total, then your distribution would be tweaked automatically to account for the new total available.
10/7/2016 2:06 PM
OK, that's really good news. It means the only way I lose out is if an option for a CV is unlocked as of 11 PM and I sleep while the recruit visits five other schools.
10/7/2016 2:10 PM
Attention Points: basic questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.