Posted by tigerpark135 on 10/13/2016 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Jibe, perhaps its the competition level in Leahy that forces the firings. Because Coaches in Leahy have a hard time holding onto elites.

I have been coaching Michigan for 24 seasons and within that time:
Notre Dame has had 3 different coaches.
Penn State-2
Ohio State-2
FSU-4
Miami- 2
Nebraska-3
Oklahoma-3
Texas-4
Only Z32fanatic at USC has held an elite longer in Leahy.

How many of those were FIRED, versus leaving for another job or leaving the world of their own volition?

EDIT: I see, now, that this has already been covered. So instead register this post as my support for tougher Elite firing standards in conjunction with relaxed non-Elite BCS firing standards (below).

I really do agree that the Elite firing logic is entirely too forgiving, while the non-Elite BCS firing logic is entirely too UNforgiving.

10/13/2016 4:20 PM
I am going to switch my D2 Wayne St. team over to a WB offense. I don't want to run it the first couple of seasons since I have no formation IQ in it. How many minutes does anyone suggest that I devote to practice in the meantime? For this first season I am going with 8 minutes while I still run and practice the I and Trips. Is the 8 minutes too few to do any good?
10/13/2016 8:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
so the Wishbone is working out very well so far...other than a few klunkers it seems to be working :)
10/16/2016 3:47 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.