Has STA ALWAYS been like this? Topic

77 STA player can play a FULL game and never reach VERY TIRED? Not in 2.0!
Fking ghost ship with 7 players still gets win.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=13653396&tab=boxscore
pf Daniel Perkins
10/8/2016 4:58 AM (edited)
I doubt it. That box score makes me want to ask a different series of ?'s though, is the only way to make another team 'red' to play either fast break or full court press? Would fastbreak even work? I see you went uptempo with man, so if that didn't do it, I would guess it would take a different offense or defense? Also, I assume if 77 didn't go red, that some other stamina would have, say 70 or less? What might the break point be? 72? 69? 75?

If your team was faster or more athletic, does that matter? Some of these super teams still have all 90 plus ath, and mostly 90 plus sp at guard, with 60 sp big men. Would they tire an opposing 7 man lineup more than your team did?

I wonder too if anyone ever tried to play a very short roster with all high stamina guys? Generally, from what I've seen, short rotations get killed in this game. I would generally have no problem if that was changed, but IMO I seriously doubt it has been changed.

10/8/2016 5:01 AM
One of the unrealistic flaws of current gameplay is that short rotations really struggle. You should be able to play slow and get by with 7 or 8 guys (foul trouble notwithstanding). I'd be surprised if 3.0 changled this. Not sure what happened in this particular game.
10/8/2016 12:25 PM
IMHO..just looking at the box score the 32 fouls called (21-11 against Arkansas) may have something to do with it since fouls stop the clock..
10/8/2016 12:40 PM
That is absolutely ridiculous! His stamina is only 77 and the teams are playing fast paced and normal pace. There is something wrong with the game logic if he isn't playing very tired...he also takes too long to get to tired. That is just bull.
10/8/2016 5:41 PM
Well. I absolutely doubt that they made any changes to the game engine that impact STA. What so, I don't see how this is a 2.0 / 3.0 issue at all.
10/9/2016 2:57 AM
In the real world maybe no.
But in the WIS world where we encourage teams to NOT take on 5 walk-ons, then it IS a problem.
10/9/2016 10:19 AM
hard to know whether some odd indirect effect on game engine in the shift to 3.0 - an interesting thing to do would be to watch for other possible changes.

of course, could ask seble....oops, gone.
10/9/2016 10:42 AM
Has STA ALWAYS been like this? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.