Strategy for signing late Topic

Am I screwed? I'm out of scouting money, Recruiting money, and I need 1 more player for my Fastbreak/Fullcourt Press team. This is me hopefully asking is there is something where all of the players in the game reveal themselves to everyone.

Side note- This new system sucks for teams that need a full roster to be competitive.

I lost a couple of battles where I didn't think it was possible for me to lose. 1 team signed 2 ineligibles, I was recruiting one, then I moved on to the next thinking he wasn't going to be able to be signed by that team, then he was signed. Another one, the coach left, so I thought that all of his previous recruiting actions were reset, so me already being ahead, I stopped focusing on it. Guess what happens, the sim not only did not get reset with the previous coaches actions, the sim then pumps a ton of recruiting action to this player, and I lose it in 1 cycle.
10/8/2016 9:31 AM

Am I screwed?

yes.
10/8/2016 9:35 AM
I guess I will just have to take a shot in the dark and hope I get lucky.
10/8/2016 9:44 AM
I am at Texas Tech and just lost out on a recruit to a D3 school. The logic in this game has serious flaws. Have been playing in Wooden World since season 1 and have spent a boatload of money with WIS however the end is near...With early signings and losing out on earlier recruiting wars, there should be a way that a D1 school can enter later on a recruit and easily unseat a D3 school. If Texas Tech called in real life and offered a scholarship would the recruit say that they would rather play D3 ball instead? If they were projecting themselves as D1, I would think they would rather play D1 than D3...Just me , I guess...#theendisnear
10/8/2016 9:53 AM
In the final cycle, every player at your level becomes open to a scholarship offer. If you've blown your scouting budget, then targeting a decent recruit is obviously going to be a problem. However, you should be able to offer at a few in the final cycle and sign 1 with zero effort or AP.
10/8/2016 9:55 AM
Posted by kevbo65 on 10/8/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):
I am at Texas Tech and just lost out on a recruit to a D3 school. The logic in this game has serious flaws. Have been playing in Wooden World since season 1 and have spent a boatload of money with WIS however the end is near...With early signings and losing out on earlier recruiting wars, there should be a way that a D1 school can enter later on a recruit and easily unseat a D3 school. If Texas Tech called in real life and offered a scholarship would the recruit say that they would rather play D3 ball instead? If they were projecting themselves as D1, I would think they would rather play D1 than D3...Just me , I guess...#theendisnear
Can you share some more details? I assume that you went for this guy on in the last 24 hours of 2nd session? How much AP did you spend? Have you sitemailed the other coach to see what they spent?

Edit- yes, I totally agree with you. D3 should never beat D1 in my opinion. I was all for capping the divisions during Beta.
10/8/2016 10:06 AM
This is precisely the argument that I have been making in the Beta, in these forums, everywhere. It is a serious, but easily fixed, fault.

My sense is that AP just simply is not scaled by division appropriately. Top 300 OVR recruits should simply reject D3 effort outright and Top 100 should reject D2 effort outright. AP is not nearly scaled sufficiently by division/conference prestige/prestige. Spud's redlight could be done away with, if these obvious changes were made.

I have always said that users were too quick to judge, but when I heard the developer's say things were functioning "as intended"...that's where my patience ran out. The overall architecture of recruiting is not a problem. The RNG at the end is not a problem (except that there needs to be higher thresholds to "high" and a larger probability spread within the RNG). However, the failure of the game designers to create clear separations between divisions (after cutting budgets and capping actions) is a serious defect that needs to be adjusted now!

I am furious that admin had the gall to ask about job update preferences. Take a look at the worlds! BCS conferences are half empty now. Why worry about it now?!
10/8/2016 10:18 AM
If you have scouting left, use it. FSS a few more states, look to scout up jucos in particular (so try Cali, NY, Texas and Florida, if you haven't already). Once you increase your pool, you can run an advanced search, filtering for players who are undecided (under decision status) to see if there is anyone without high consideration for another team. Obviously a juco will be best, if you can't find a freshman you want to give 4 seasons to.

If you don't have scouting $ left, learn from this experience and save some for 2nd period next year. But you can always do another advanced search of your existing pool, to see if there's anyone you missed.
10/8/2016 10:21 AM
Posted by rogelio on 10/8/2016 10:18:00 AM (view original):
This is precisely the argument that I have been making in the Beta, in these forums, everywhere. It is a serious, but easily fixed, fault.

My sense is that AP just simply is not scaled by division appropriately. Top 300 OVR recruits should simply reject D3 effort outright and Top 100 should reject D2 effort outright. AP is not nearly scaled sufficiently by division/conference prestige/prestige. Spud's redlight could be done away with, if these obvious changes were made.

I have always said that users were too quick to judge, but when I heard the developer's say things were functioning "as intended"...that's where my patience ran out. The overall architecture of recruiting is not a problem. The RNG at the end is not a problem (except that there needs to be higher thresholds to "high" and a larger probability spread within the RNG). However, the failure of the game designers to create clear separations between divisions (after cutting budgets and capping actions) is a serious defect that needs to be adjusted now!

I am furious that admin had the gall to ask about job update preferences. Take a look at the worlds! BCS conferences are half empty now. Why worry about it now?!
I'm not sure about the probability spread--seble did already increase the probability spread, and getting into the low 60s in percentage of recruiting credit guarantees that you sign a guy. But that's a different discussion.

At any rate, I totally agree that the #1 issue facing 3.0 recruiting is the prestige/AP balance. A low-prestige school pumping in the APs can too easily get ahead of a higher prestige school (assuming similar preferences). Now I do want a game where a low-prestige school has a chance if they pump in a ton of effort and the high prestige school isn't doing much at all. But right now, it's out of balance.

Fixing this and adding some non-signing cycles to session two would address the majority of the issues with 3.0 recruiting.
10/8/2016 11:33 AM
" there should be a way that a __ school can enter later on a recruit and easily unseat a __ school" that has been recruiting the guy all along.

If that were true, no matter how you fill in the blanks, wouldn't that be the epitome of f'd up? Or maybe it would just be the epitome of a sense of entitlement gone amuck. Anyway, it is certainly one or the other.

"Strategy for signing late" is learn how to have a back-up ready to go.
10/8/2016 11:48 AM
personally..i don't see anything wrong with a DIII school out recruiting a DI school..there are plenty of talented HS players out there that do not want the pressure of playing DI ball..
10/8/2016 12:49 PM
D3 does not offer scholarships IRL. Do you seriously want to maintain that position, Frank?

I can play devil's advocate too. Discontinue D3 altogether! D2 at least has athletic scholarships. At D3, the stars are doing work-study like laundry. GTFOH!
10/8/2016 1:06 PM
So when I started this thread I was in a battle with a sim. The sim was very high and I was low. I then sent a promised start and 10 minutes. He signed that cycle. I don't know why that happened, but it did. This guy has 12 WE so he won't be able to reach his potential, but he's alright I guess.
10/8/2016 3:21 PM
12 WE..my point exactly
10/8/2016 3:46 PM
They mentioned several times in the Dev Chat that they wanted to make 3.0 more realistic....k.
10/8/2016 3:50 PM
12 Next ▸
Strategy for signing late Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.