Does WIS have a serious problem? Topic

Posted by Jtpsops on 10/13/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):
They could also start offering top owners (perhaps based on winning % and championships) free credits to take over a hopeless team for a season or two, so it's more appealing to a newcomer.
I'm against giveaways because they've done it before and it doesn't work. But I've also suggested they do exactly that. Rather than "Everyone gets a free team!!!!", pick and choose.
10/13/2016 7:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/13/2016 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/13/2016 3:48:00 PM (view original):
They could also start offering top owners (perhaps based on winning % and championships) free credits to take over a hopeless team for a season or two, so it's more appealing to a newcomer.
I'm against giveaways because they've done it before and it doesn't work. But I've also suggested they do exactly that. Rather than "Everyone gets a free team!!!!", pick and choose.
Ya, I wouldn't suggest freebies to fill worlds. Just giving elite owners the opportunity to fix broken teams to hand off to other owners.
10/13/2016 9:51 PM
Yea those are some really good ideas but like i remember seeing a post once trying to come up with suggestions on what to make a world... so i was thinking what about a world that is almost the opposite of Champions where only people who havent won a title can be in it to try to win their first and when you do you have to leave... i feel like that would be interesting... plus it would give some long time owners that first championship they could be longing for...
10/14/2016 12:18 PM
probably not the best to suggest new world ideas when so many are struggling but if a world starts to really run into an issue does that seem like a good way to revive it?
10/14/2016 12:19 PM
1) I imagine there is ZERO chance WifS starts a new world.

2) That said, I started a SLB theme league that way(I didn't win) so, if you have a world with no champions, it's a damn good selling point.
10/14/2016 12:40 PM
Well I mean say a world is losing owners rapidly and because wis doesn't delete worlds ever then that world could "transform" into a world like that... Wis doesn't have to make a new world someone would just have to take up a scrapped world heading for disaster and start it over with something interesting like that idea... Did it work in sim league?
10/14/2016 1:53 PM
Posted by VictorV17 on 10/14/2016 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Well I mean say a world is losing owners rapidly and because wis doesn't delete worlds ever then that world could "transform" into a world like that... Wis doesn't have to make a new world someone would just have to take up a scrapped world heading for disaster and start it over with something interesting like that idea... Did it work in sim league?
Draft Tournament World is sitting out there idle with 32 open positions.

It certainly can be used for what you've proposed.
10/14/2016 2:01 PM
I filled in no time. Of course, it's a little bit of a different beast because SLB is one season only while HBD is designed for multiple but, if everyone knows they gotta go when they win and agree to it, I think it would work. Might get an alias issue though. I win, I drop my team, I create an alias, I take that team with my alias. I'd probably require a season or two experience to at least limit that sort of thing.

And, if the commish wins, you've got another problem.
10/14/2016 2:04 PM
That sounds like it could work. And yeah but I mean yeah but there's a 1 in 32 chance the commish wins ;) haha and I wonder if they would revive draft tournament world ... Maybe I should try to draw interest in classified?
10/14/2016 2:32 PM
I'd ask WifS if they would do it first. I can just about guarantee it will fill quickly. As long as you enforce the rule. FWIW, I wouldn't even worry about MWR or tanking. Tanking is done to build a super team. If that super team wins the WS, owner is gone. As far as the MWR, you'd actually be better off with the guy who wins 50-60 every year but never contends. He fills a spot for eternity.

The only rule you'd need is "Win the WS, give up the team." And, as previously mentioned, I'd require some sort of experience to prevent, or suppress, the alias issue. If someone wants to run their regular name and fill a spot in another world with their alias so they can take the WS winner, that's good for WifS. Plus, as commish, you could give the WS winner to the applicant with the most seasons played without a WS and squash that plan.
10/14/2016 4:28 PM
If they could figure out how to keep statistics when they merge worlds, that would be a start.I like merging with other loyal owners, but then the loyalty ends when all the history has disappeared. Just as many seem to leave merged worlds as old worlds.
10/14/2016 5:09 PM
They could probably do it but I think it's a disincentive to merge. It's probably a pain in the *** for them and, as you noted, it has not proven to be a successful venture.

I think it would be waaaaay much easier to allow worlds to be 16, 20, 24, 28, 32. Sort or pre and post(since there are only 30 MLB teams now) expansion eras. Almost every world has 16 committed owners. Most probably have 20+.
10/14/2016 6:06 PM
Support has said they do not wish to Pursue this concept with DTW. Maybe a world now will want to try this concept?
10/15/2016 9:53 PM
◂ Prev 12
Does WIS have a serious problem? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.