Catcher In The Rye Topic

WANTED-OWNERS WITH TEAM DRAFTING SKILLS

Before lap tops and I pads, there was this task called "Required Reading". J.D. Salinger's novel-Catcher In the Rye is the inspiration for this Theme. This league is designed to develop equality but the scale will tip if you have DRAFTING SKILLS.

PITCHING= 1. Pick a league (American, Federal or National) All of your pitchers must be from league you pick. No mixing.
2. All Pitchers must cost 200K to 7M.
3. Your Pitcher must have F/R of AA or better.

Position Players:
1. Pick a league (can be different than pitching) All of your players must be from league you pick. No mixing.
2. All position players must cost 200k to 7M.
3, Position players must have fielding of AA or better.

Catchers:
l. Must be same league as position players.
2. All catchers must cost 200K to 7M.
3. Catchers have three defense letters. You may draft any that have one A in their defense.
4. No limit on number on team.
No CLONES, AAA, DH, Wavier Wire, Injuries. Any park. 100 CAP. MLB 116857.
10/8/2016 4:55 PM
Salary cap?
10/8/2016 7:05 PM
Fielding of AA or better? Does that mean A+ and A?
10/8/2016 10:52 PM
100M cap
any 2 a combination=a/a, a-/a etc
10/9/2016 5:47 PM
Hint= Since drafting a team takes time searching, remember catchers just need one A in their ratings: fielding, range, arm.
if you need fill ins, you can use multiple catchers. (Another reason theme called-"Catcher in Rye".
I have five cheapies as pinch hitters. (Couldn't find speedy catcher with an A)
10/9/2016 6:00 PM
So pitchers and position players can have fielding rating of A-/A- or better, so long as no single rating is lower than A- (or 10 in the draft center)?
10/9/2016 9:21 PM
Yes-A-/A- is the lowest defensive number allowed. That's easy usually but when the player must be between 200K & 7Million, it gets hard.
Also, if you say have a position player (like 1964 Mantle) you are stuck drafting all position players from the American League.

Once you draft a pitcher, you have to use that league. It does not need to be the same league that you used for position players.

I was able to draft a team so if I can do it....... I did it at old prices. If the value is extreme, I'll redraft.
10/10/2016 4:10 PM
The price change has come and is history. NO EXCUSSES ARE LEFT. Join me at this theme and draft a "GREAT" defensive team.
How often do you (when reviewing a box score) read, "HE MISPLAYED A ROUTINE FLYBALL" or "He BEAT THE THROW" ?

I can't promise "ZERO ERRORS" as what if sports computers sometimes are just "WACKO", but you will have reduced errors and more equality.
Both, drafting & managerial skills will highlight your talents.
10/12/2016 9:26 AM
JOIN NOW
10/13/2016 7:43 PM
What if a player can play multiple positions and he's an A/A at one but not all? Can he only play that position?
10/14/2016 8:41 AM
Catcher In The Rye Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.