Kevb,

I agree that first cycle is important but I don't agree that you will be 'critically wounded' if you miss first cycle. Some of it situational. If I have 1 spot then I have 40 APs. Yes, getting those APs to the recruit so I can unlock actions is really important but, what if I'm splitting that on to 2 guys. That means I lost out on 20 AP per recruit. Let's say you end up in a battle and the final tally is 450 APs, 20 HVs, 1CV vs 500APs 20HVs, 1CV. Would that missing 20 APs lower your chances? Very, very slightly. But it's not destroying your chances. Even if it was all 40 APs you invested on that guy 100% of the time, still not a huge difference.

An extreme example of supporting your statement would be if I have 140 APs and my plan is to go all in on a 5 star guy so I put all of my APs on him right away. Missing the first cycle would make this strategy much, much less effective.

Also, I don't know what other people have experienced but I've moved my APs around quite a bit during recruiting so far. I've spent quite a few on guys that I later backed off of because stronger teams with more advantages moved in. If you were to miss the first cycle, you would at least see what recruits are being pursued by teams with a bigger advantage (maybe you're at D3 going for a D2 and a A+ D2 is all over a guy you were interested in).

Again, I agree, you don't want to miss the first cycle. But it's not like you're totally screwed and behind the 8 ball. You can make up ground very easily. Just my 2 cents on what I've experienced.

10/13/2016 10:40 AM
You are laboring on semantics shoe. A lot of people just do not like the new recruiting process for whatever reason. And they claim time spent recruiting is a factor for not liking the "feel". There is not much you can dispute there. Everyone has a different system to recruiting and this is one people will need to adjust if they continue to be successful or stick around, right?
10/13/2016 10:46 AM
Fair enough Benis. Like many of the old school guys here I'm having a hard time accepting this is what it is. In a lot of ways it feels like they took away Christmas and replaced it with Hanukkah. No offense against the 7 days of presents but it's not what I grew up with and it will be missed.
10/13/2016 10:50 AM
"Everyone has a different system to recruiting and this is one people will need to adjust if they continue to be successful or stick around, right?"

Absolutely, we're in total agreement. You'll either adapt to a 3.0 mindset and play the game that exists, or you won't. My argument is with people who imply they *have to* spend more time doing it. It's a misconception, and potentially misleading to others. There is no one way to scout/recruit anymore, and what the devs have been saying all along is true, you can spend as much time as you want on it. There is definitely not going to be a straight line correlation between time spent scouting and success.
10/13/2016 11:17 AM (edited)
When it's not fun... everything tends to take longer. Personally I think recruiting should not take all season and the first week of the next season. This was something Seble wanted and although there was much pushback he was not willing to change his mind. I know some like it but I do not think it will be good for the game moving forward. Agree or disagree it's just my opinion and only time will tell.

I'm going to give 1 team a go but I'm finding it harder and harder to check in everyday because my love for HD is dying.
10/13/2016 11:27 AM
Posted by kevb on 10/13/2016 11:27:00 AM (view original):
When it's not fun... everything tends to take longer. Personally I think recruiting should not take all season and the first week of the next season. This was something Seble wanted and although there was much pushback he was not willing to change his mind. I know some like it but I do not think it will be good for the game moving forward. Agree or disagree it's just my opinion and only time will tell.

I'm going to give 1 team a go but I'm finding it harder and harder to check in everyday because my love for HD is dying.
Personally, I'm in a stage of my life where I have a five-month old to take care of all day and am trying to write a dissertation, apply for jobs, and actually spend time with my wife all at the same time. The lengthening of recruiting (especially six hour cycles) is basically the only thing that's kept me from dropping teams--I even added one.
10/13/2016 4:34 PM

"Personally I think recruiting should not take all season and the first week of the next season. This was something Seble wanted and although there was much pushback he was not willing to change his mind."

I think he was just getting people to sign up more for the "next" season. If you spend most of the season scouting/recruiting, you usually want to see it through. In order to do that, you have to pay/play the next season.

You know what they say, they get you on the comeback. : )
10/13/2016 5:51 PM
I went from 6 teams to 10 teams (waiting on my 0-27 Rupp James Madison team to appear - LOL. What I like is that I can do this in my spare time. I don't sit down and feel like I have to start and complete scouting in a short window. Last night, I worked for a while on two of my teams that will start recruiting in about a week. I really like the spread out aspect as well. I am getting a better value for the money I am paying because it is providing me more to do.
10/13/2016 5:53 PM
◂ Prev 12345

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.