What's up with 1908 Christy Mathewson? Topic

Perhaps someone could shed some light on this because I'm completely baffled. I'm on my second OL team after a two year break from this game. My two man starting rotation consists of 08 Christy Mathewson and 10 Ed Walsh. The problem is that despite Christy's 411 real life innings and throwing more than 90 pitches in only three of eleven starts, he seems to get tired and fails to return to 100% after two to three starts, forcing me to essentially tank his next start with a $200K scrub or a AAA guy. The reason why this is especially confusing is bc despite Walsh having less RL innings pitched than Christy (396), he has yet to get tired and is always at 100% for his next start even though he has also thrown 90 pitches or more in three of his seven starts. Did WIS make performance adjustments on players during the salary update or something because I've never had this problem with Christy in the past? Any input would be really appreciated.
10/10/2016 2:08 PM
Weird that Walsh isn't exhibiting the same behavior. In a two many rotation, Mathewson's PCs should probably be set at something like 75 (target) - 85 (max)
10/10/2016 2:38 PM
I agree with ozo, that's odd, and 75-85 is safe, when I'm running 2 man I usually don't leave any gap, I'd set Mathewson at 80-80 and I've done Walsh at 75-80 before and don't remember having fatigue issues. 90 is too high he'll always get fatigued at that amount.
10/10/2016 3:32 PM
Walsh has a RL ip/g of 8.21 whereas Christy is at 6.98. That's an 18% difference favoring Walsh. You need to lower Christy's TPC/MPC and he should be usable every other game for the preponderance of games. I don't believe any performance updates or engine changes were made during the salary adjustment change.
10/10/2016 4:59 PM
What's up with 1908 Christy Mathewson? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.