Bye-bye, Big Papi Topic

BL is a sad, sad person.
4/28/2017 3:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/28/2017 2:54:00 PM (view original):
I know BL has made stupid statements and, rather than say "Yep, I ****** that one up", defended his dumbassery until no one felt compelled to continue to point how stupid his statement actually was.

That said, is this the stupidest defense of stupid statements so far? I think it is.
You asked the question, I told you the answer. Don't get butt-hurt because you don't like the answer.
4/28/2017 5:01 PM
Ortiz was subject to random testing for the last decade of his career and never failed a test.

The difference between official testing and the preliminary testing in 2003 is that now the athletes can request that the sample be retested. There are also well-defined rules for the collection and handling of the samples. A positive test from before those developments is not nearly as reliable - and thus not as damning - as a failed official test.

That doesn't mean Ortiz wasn't using in 2003, and it doesn't exonerate him if he was. But with no other evidence against him, it's not clear or irrefutable proof he was using. 10+ years worth of passed random testing suggest that he was very effective for a very long time without PEDs.
4/28/2017 6:26 PM
Or very good at not getting caught.
4/28/2017 6:27 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/28/2017 5:01:00 PM (view original):
I know BL has made stupid statements and, rather than say "Yep, I ****** that one up", defended his dumbassery until no one felt compelled to continue to point how stupid his statement actually was.

That said, is this the stupidest defense of stupid statements so far? I think it is.
You asked the question, I told you the answer. Don't get butt-hurt because you don't like the answer.
your answer is a ******* idiotic answer. Who cares if it was "official" or not? (besides you ,and maybe Ortiz) He failed a ******* drug test.
4/28/2017 7:11 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/28/2017 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/28/2017 5:01:00 PM (view original):

your answer is a ******* idiotic answer. Who cares if it was "official" or not? (besides you ,and maybe Ortiz) He failed a ******* drug test.
His name was leaked from a list of flagged samples. We have no idea what it tested for and if proper testing protocols were observed. We know Ortiz didn't have a chance to appeal and we know that he didn't fail a drug test from 2003 to 2016. Seems reasonable to give him a pass on the PED issue.
4/28/2017 7:19 PM
And Hitler was never tried and convicted for war crimes. Seems reasonable to give him a pass on that Holocaust issue.
4/28/2017 11:17 PM
The evidence for Hitler's war crimes is irrefutable.

The evidence for Papi's PED use is highly suspect.

Your comparison is highly idiotic.
4/29/2017 12:30 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/28/2017 11:17:00 PM (view original):
And Hitler was never tried and convicted for war crimes. Seems reasonable to give him a pass on that Holocaust issue.
Doesn't seem like a very good comparison. Hitler only avoided prosecution because he was dead. Ortiz is alive.
4/29/2017 12:44 AM
Well, if Ortiz would have followed thru on his promise to get to the bottom of why his name was on a PED report, you wouldn't have to speculate on whether the test results were legit. But he hired the same guy OJ hired to find Nicole's killer so we got nothing.
4/29/2017 6:42 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/29/2017 12:30:00 AM (view original):
The evidence for Hitler's war crimes is irrefutable.

The evidence for Papi's PED use is highly suspect.

Your comparison is highly idiotic.
Just using BL's logic. He's big on "due process".

Not "officially" convicted = benefit of the doubt.
4/29/2017 8:24 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/29/2017 6:42:00 AM (view original):
Well, if Ortiz would have followed thru on his promise to get to the bottom of why his name was on a PED report, you wouldn't have to speculate on whether the test results were legit. But he hired the same guy OJ hired to find Nicole's killer so we got nothing.
Promise or not, it's not Ortiz's responsibility to get to the bottom of anything.
4/29/2017 9:15 AM
Well, he offered. Had he followed thru, we wouldn't have internet idiots saying "Ortiz and Jeter failed the same number of drug tests."
4/29/2017 11:38 AM
Yeah. That's a pretty dumb thing to say. Especially because it's not true.
4/29/2017 12:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/29/2017 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Well, he offered. Had he followed thru, we wouldn't have internet idiots saying "Ortiz and Jeter failed the same number of drug tests."
Officially, Ortiz has failed the same amount of drug tests as Jeter.
4/29/2017 12:59 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Bye-bye, Big Papi Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.