This will also continue to reverse the trend of using so many deadball pitchers in lower cap leagues because they're becoming less affordable, which I view favorably.

I was only about $750K over on my $100M team in Doc's league, which was an easy fix.

Anything that increases the diversity in rosters in leagues below $120M in salary cap is an improvement.
10/12/2016 8:54 PM (edited)
just am building a $125m team for skunk's next go around of the Non Invitational.... been a fun experience using some new players (and not just 2016 guys) to find some value. To me, dynamic pricing has been great and is appreciated.
10/12/2016 3:54 PM
Same here. I found cap space to use the '16 Kershaw as a swingman. At just under $49k/IP, which isn't ridiculous, IMO...

Perhaps the pricing gives owners a chance to discover new favorites, and the old cookies level off in cost...
10/12/2016 6:57 PM (edited)
Posted by redwingscup on 10/12/2016 3:54:00 PM (view original):
just am building a $125m team for skunk's next go around of the Non Invitational.... been a fun experience using some new players (and not just 2016 guys) to find some value. To me, dynamic pricing has been great and is appreciated.
I mean, yeah. I've kinda wanted to use guys like Soriano and Canseco for awhile, but, I was just expecting for prices to fluctuate. But it looks like it's just gonna rise and rise and never fall back to earth
10/12/2016 7:04 PM
It's interesting to me that certain players have seen three consecutive significant price increases. That tells me that the salaries still aren't high enough to prevent widespread utilization of those players. Since even a $255M roster was impacted by the recent salary changes, we may finally be getting to that point. Again, this is something that I view favorably.
10/13/2016 12:16 PM
Posted by PennQuaker on 10/13/2016 12:16:00 PM (view original):
It's interesting to me that certain players have seen three consecutive significant price increases. That tells me that the salaries still aren't high enough to prevent widespread utilization of those players. Since even a $255M roster was impacted by the recent salary changes, we may finally be getting to that point. Again, this is something that I view favorably.
Ya, honestly was kinda hoping it'd only count OL's. That way someone like '27 Ruth could keep dropping, dropping, dropping. Then he gets to a price where people use him in OL's and his price goes right back up. Hopefully some of these guys prices fall back to earth.
10/13/2016 3:08 PM
Though I don't ever see 2000 Pedro or 1995 Maddux ever falling again. They'll be at $25 mil and people will still use them
10/13/2016 3:09 PM
If that happened though then you'd see him become a tremendous cookie at caps like 120M and 140M, not to mention higher, and the rampant overuse in those leagues would have no impact on bumping his price back up
10/13/2016 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.