Re-hired at same school with original budgets Topic

I haven't been nearly as active in the forums as I once was so I apologize if this has come up before. I forgot to renew and had to reapply for my old job which I got back. I just realized that recruiting session #2 started today, and it appears that I have my entire original scouting/recruiting budgets available to me. I haven't spent anything yet to avoid gaming the system just in case. Does anyone know if this is a mistake or a glitch or something? I haven't sent anything to CS yet, and figured I would check the forums first.
10/11/2016 5:02 PM
Sounds like an oversight in the process. It's treating you as a new hire at your old school, which- would make sense from the perspective of the game. Or, at least, that's what it sounds like to me.
10/11/2016 5:40 PM
Did you keep all your 1st session effort credit for recruits? I'd be interested to hear how this turns out.
10/11/2016 6:07 PM
It appears that the first session effort is all still there. One thing to note is that I had an early entry and I signed one player in session #1. I didn't do the beta, but maybe I was entitled to a 4th scholarship's worth of recruiting/scouting budget (I have no idea) and instead got the max somehow. I'll send CS a note in a little bit and follow up on the end result.
10/11/2016 7:09 PM
Posted by slicknick777 on 10/11/2016 7:09:00 PM (view original):
It appears that the first session effort is all still there. One thing to note is that I had an early entry and I signed one player in session #1. I didn't do the beta, but maybe I was entitled to a 4th scholarship's worth of recruiting/scouting budget (I have no idea) and instead got the max somehow. I'll send CS a note in a little bit and follow up on the end result.
Thanks for bringing this up and not exploiting it, that's awesome of you.

I remember something like this being brought up in Beta. Not exactly like but just that you COULD cheat a lot easier now if you wanted to. You can scout on one team, get a list going, do your thing throughout the season and then decide to take a different job. Now at your new job, you already know what guys you liked before since you already scouted and you can also scout even more guys now with your new money.

I think the consensus was that if people wanted to cheat, they'll cheat. It's not that hard to do so in 2.0, really. So it will probably happen when people change jobs but it's not going to be an ongoing strategy that you can use.

Obviously your situation is different than this and is bug that hopefully will get figured out quickly but thought I'd share what we talked about previously.
10/11/2016 7:27 PM
this is not good - the bug at the same school - and not good to have the ability to game the system after moving

since the effects of distance are reduced, two teams in a world is much more of a problem too
10/11/2016 9:15 PM
A tip of the cap for your honesty and integrity in this situation. A lot of respect to you.
10/11/2016 9:35 PM
Well, people were complaining about guys moving getting screwed before with s short signing period, etc. Maybe this evens it out a little if you take a new team?
10/11/2016 10:19 PM
will admin fix this problem? are they aware?

when fixing this, they should also make clear that two teams in a world at the same division no longer allowed - 1000 miles is much less significant than before

each of these undermine integrity of the game
10/12/2016 4:01 PM
All I got was:
"Hi Nick,

When a coach takes over a team they will get the full budget for the spots remaining but all previous effort is cut."

Like I said in a previous post, it looks like all of the effort was there unless I just have to ignore everything in the History tab of a recruit. I even signed a player that I was on in session 1 and lost a battle to a VH where I was VH on another guy. So I don't know... might be a loophole in the system. I don't know what it looks like for someone who changes teams though.
10/12/2016 6:08 PM
All previous effort is definitely not gone... but reduced does seem to be correct. I wasn't VH on anyone after taking over FSU, but I could tell where the sim had recruited a few guys (they were at moderate or lower).
10/12/2016 6:10 PM
any sign of corrective action?

10/14/2016 6:31 AM
Posted by slicknick777 on 10/12/2016 6:08:00 PM (view original):
All I got was:
"Hi Nick,

When a coach takes over a team they will get the full budget for the spots remaining but all previous effort is cut."

Like I said in a previous post, it looks like all of the effort was there unless I just have to ignore everything in the History tab of a recruit. I even signed a player that I was on in session 1 and lost a battle to a VH where I was VH on another guy. So I don't know... might be a loophole in the system. I don't know what it looks like for someone who changes teams though.
Uh. I think maybe they didn't understand the issue?
10/14/2016 8:37 AM
Re-hired at same school with original budgets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.