Just so we are clear Topic

If you are in d1 and you think that you are amazing at HD 3.0....you are landing amazing prospects....just reality check yourself for a minute.

You are are not as great as you think.

The worlds are empty and a+ programs are available like candy. Most of the coaches that gave up said programs didn't bother to even put in any effort in the first recruiting session.

In Rupp, the number 37 overall kid (from cali) was signed by sim b- Montana state. Not happening if Stanford and Zona weren't abandoned. There are tons of similar examples.

Point is - the people who couldn't hack it in 2.0 should be happy since they can finally land an elite player.

Just pay no attention to the men behind the curtain who drove the worlds to their current non-competitive and empty state.

sigh....
10/11/2016 5:18 PM
Dem grapes are SOUR!
10/11/2016 5:41 PM
Not sour. I am still going to have continued great teams. But it's mitigated by weak sauce competition, which sucks if you are a real competitor.
10/11/2016 6:40 PM
I landed a 4 star in my first season at D- NMSU. I'm obviously happy that I got him. I'll be even happier if I get this 5 star guy I'm on.

But you're right, it seems a hell of a lot easier now and definitely doesn't seem to be in the same league as before due to the reasons you listed.
10/11/2016 7:17 PM
Well, first off, SIMs recruit much better now than they did. And the use the same rules as everyone else. So an A+ SIM will recruit good player and will be competitive. They go after additional players, including going after guys humans are on, etc.

The A+ teams will fill up, or other teams that have players will eventually become A+.

I can't control what other people do, I can only control what I do.
10/11/2016 7:21 PM
So basically, if we are stuck in a low level/ mid level D1 team trying to build ourselves up and are now landing great recruits...we should realize that in actuality we suck and are just lucky? Got it....
10/12/2016 12:27 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/11/2016 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Well, first off, SIMs recruit much better now than they did. And the use the same rules as everyone else. So an A+ SIM will recruit good player and will be competitive. They go after additional players, including going after guys humans are on, etc.

The A+ teams will fill up, or other teams that have players will eventually become A+.

^^ this. people need to worry about themselves and not just denigrate the game experience of others. the tone of the OP is just more unnecessary mean-spirited stuff.

that said, the actual content is not entirely incorrect. some of the early success for midmajors is definitely what the OP said. other midmajor coaches may have played the beta and had strategies in place that non-beta coaches didn't know. some is luck. BUT as the coaches who are all talk about quitting learn HD3 and get better at recruiting and get more teams again, competition will increase. if WIS succeeds in growing the user base, it will also contribute to competition.
10/12/2016 1:48 PM
I am with Bath on this. It is way early to know who is good and who isn't. It will take at least some seasons... We need to learn the new system, the system will get adjusted, hopefully we'll see new coaches get in the game.
10/12/2016 3:40 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 10/12/2016 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 10/11/2016 7:21:00 PM (view original):

^^ this. people need to worry about themselves and not just denigrate the game experience of others. the tone of the OP is just more unnecessary mean-spirited stuff.

that said, the actual content is not entirely incorrect. some of the early success for midmajors is definitely what the OP said. other midmajor coaches may have played the beta and had strategies in place that non-beta coaches didn't know. some is luck. BUT as the coaches who are all talk about quitting learn HD3 and get better at recruiting and get more teams again, competition will increase. if WIS succeeds in growing the user base, it will also contribute to competition.
During the Beta, I said this would happen when concerns were brought up about division dominance. Worlds are running a bit light right now and all we need is a few good enough coaches to figure out the system and start pulling some solid DI recruits who fall through the cracks. People were concerned about the game being owned by a select few before? Wait till you see how it goes down if the worlds don't fill back up.
10/12/2016 7:16 PM
Just so we are clear Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.