This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/12/2016 1:24:00 AM (view original):
#stayclassy
Spud...I know we've had our differences in the past and I'm not looking to rehash all of that...but why, WHY do you have to include some kind of insult in just about every response you post? In this case the OP was stating his opinion, which he's entitled to, and you come back with some pithy "#" remark. And yes, you're entitled as well, but I'm betting a good % of your posts are either insulting another Coach or condescending. Or both. Maybe the insults you post are justified, but in my opinion your attitude is one of the worst on the Forums, bar none. You continue to fan the flames...keeping both sides of the 3.0 conversation complaining when most of us are just damn tired of it. If you want the Forums to be a newbie-friendly place, please stop insulting everyone who disagrees with you.
10/12/2016 9:01 AM
You really need an answer to that? Its because he is an obnoxious *** with nothing better to do. You couldn't figure that out in BETA? He won't stop because he enjoys being a total tool. It's what he is.
10/12/2016 9:04 AM
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 9:04:00 AM (view original):
You really need an answer to that? Its because he is an obnoxious *** with nothing better to do. You couldn't figure that out in BETA? He won't stop because he enjoys being a total tool. It's what he is.
That description fits quite a few people here.
10/12/2016 9:24 AM
CoachSpud is the future of 3.0. He is the target audience.
10/12/2016 9:41 AM
Posted by noleaniml on 10/12/2016 9:24:00 AM (view original):
Except for differing opinions about 3.0, other than Spud and his haters, I don't see that in the other posters (other than the one that was banned)
10/12/2016 9:57 AM
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Except for differing opinions about 3.0, other than Spud and his haters, I don't see that in the other posters (other than the one that was banned)
That's your choice. I feel differently. If you are legitimately concerned about this issue, I would argue that it's become fashionable on this forum to just bash spud no matter what he might say. Sure, he can be immature at times. Sure, he says some crazy things now and then. But, IMO, the responses to him are worse than what he sends out. I have had my disagreements with spud and I, somehow, have avoided bringing out his less than preferable side. This forum basically reminds me of the Cold-War era theory of Mutually Assured Destruction. Everyone is just nuking him and his is retaliating. Sure, maybe "he started it." But, from a neutral party, all I see is just a lot of sh*t being thrown his way and he's picking it up and lobbing it back. It's immature on BOTH sides- not just his.

However, at the end of the day, it's just one man's opinion and you have no real reason to listen to me - so, if you and many others desire, carry on.
10/12/2016 10:11 AM
Post to win ratios:
  • noleaniml = 7.7%
  • p6453 = 16.1%
  • rogelio = 17.7%
  • Mully = 33%
  • kcsun = 54.8%
  • h-hog = 57.2%
  • Spud = 345.1%
I think we can surmise each participant's priorities. [Edit-may have taken a shortcut that skews some of the %, but they are close enough.]
10/12/2016 10:30 AM (edited)
Posted by p6453 on 10/12/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
#stayclassy
Spud...I know we've had our differences in the past and I'm not looking to rehash all of that...but why, WHY do you have to include some kind of insult in just about every response you post? In this case the OP was stating his opinion, which he's entitled to, and you come back with some pithy "#" remark. And yes, you're entitled as well, but I'm betting a good % of your posts are either insulting another Coach or condescending. Or both. Maybe the insults you post are justified, but in my opinion your attitude is one of the worst on the Forums, bar none. You continue to fan the flames...keeping both sides of the 3.0 conversation complaining when most of us are just damn tired of it. If you want the Forums to be a newbie-friendly place, please stop insulting everyone who disagrees with you.
Point taken. Haters are gonna hate anyway, but maybe I'll let them find someone else to target.

It says a lot about these forums that "New format sucks ***." draws no negative response and yet "#stayclassy" stirred 'em up.
10/12/2016 10:58 AM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/12/2016 10:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 10/12/2016 9:01:00 AM (view original):
#stayclassy
Point taken. Haters are gonna hate anyway, but maybe I'll let them find someone else to target.

It says a lot about these forums that "New format sucks ***." draws no negative response and yet "#stayclassy" stirred 'em up.
And I've no problem with you anymore. You've had some good suggestions but I fear they've been overlooked due to other comments you've made. In all honesty, a few months ago my attitude on here was atrocious as well. I don't want the game to die, or the Forums to continue to be toxic. You're a smart guy, let that show more.
10/12/2016 11:02 AM
Posted by noleaniml on 10/12/2016 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 9:57:00 AM (view original):
That's your choice. I feel differently. If you are legitimately concerned about this issue, I would argue that it's become fashionable on this forum to just bash spud no matter what he might say. Sure, he can be immature at times. Sure, he says some crazy things now and then. But, IMO, the responses to him are worse than what he sends out. I have had my disagreements with spud and I, somehow, have avoided bringing out his less than preferable side. This forum basically reminds me of the Cold-War era theory of Mutually Assured Destruction. Everyone is just nuking him and his is retaliating. Sure, maybe "he started it." But, from a neutral party, all I see is just a lot of sh*t being thrown his way and he's picking it up and lobbing it back. It's immature on BOTH sides- not just his.

However, at the end of the day, it's just one man's opinion and you have no real reason to listen to me - so, if you and many others desire, carry on.
I don't disagree. As one of the forums Spud haters, I do my fair share of talking ****. I accept that. I'm to blame too.

My biggest problem with spud is when he makes stuff up or flat out lies. That doesn't do any of us any good.
10/12/2016 11:52 AM
Yep, it's not a perfect solution- but I guess my response is to just refute it with logic and evidence rather than go apesh*t. I don't know - I'm certainly no angel in that regard. But I've had some pretty inane arguments against what I thought were pretty ridiculous statements. It just seems to me that there is plenty of that to go around and not just from spud.

I'm specifically trying to stay away from being drawn into criticisms of others - I would just like to see the forums get back to a little more sane place where newbies can come and seek out help. I get it... someone just making up crap is just as bad as the toxicity. All I can think of is to reduce the toxicity and then make sure you're posting your counter point with cold logic and documentation.
10/12/2016 12:04 PM
spud could be nicer but i do relate to his annoyance/frustration at seeing the continuous stream of the exact same topic here.
10/12/2016 12:05 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 10/12/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
spud could be nicer but i do relate to his annoyance/frustration at seeing the continuous stream of the exact same topic here.
I think that's one of the bigger problems right now... every thread spirals into the same argument. There are too many knowledgeable Coaches in here, regardless of experience, for so much venom to be spewed. I think it falls on all of us to straighten this place up.
10/12/2016 12:12 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.