Prestige Dont mean Sh&t Topic

Welcome to 3.0 where EVERYONE is a winner!!
Nice little experiment against another team with almost identical preferences. Both all in.
A+ prestige vs B Prestige.
Result = VH vs VH
Well screw off WIS if getting to a A+ prestige doesn't mean dick anymore.
No wonder every wannabe loves this version.
10/12/2016 8:53 AM
IT's better than the old system.

xoxo,
Wannabee First Class
10/12/2016 9:10 AM
I have been a pretty big proponent of HD3, but I agree, this is somewhat of a problem. I think you will see this get balanced out.
10/12/2016 9:51 AM
The response during the developer's chat was "working as intended". Either they are heads-up-their-own-*****-wrong or this is exactly what they intended.

It is very difficult to be certain from my end, but the developers will know: It seems like AP is simply not scaled by Division/Prestige/Conference Prestige. I understand that prestige effects were "unchanged", but I swear that AP from a D3 = D1 AP. Other items might be impacted by prestige/division factors, but not such that they cannot be overwhelmed by AP. It renders the game unplayable.

I have long been behind the idea that battles must occur between A+ schools in BCS conferences. The old game forced battle-avoidance. Everyone may be used to it, but it wasn't good. However, top flight schools need to be able to put lower tiered schools out of the RNG in most instances. I suppose if someone wanted to draw the line here at B team is at "high" and gets some chance in the RNG, then...ok...I guess, but to have roughly even odds...at worst 55/45 is just ****!
10/12/2016 10:21 AM
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Welcome to 3.0 where EVERYONE is a winner!!
Nice little experiment against another team with almost identical preferences. Both all in.
A+ prestige vs B Prestige.
Result = VH vs VH
Well screw off WIS if getting to a A+ prestige doesn't mean dick anymore.
No wonder every wannabe loves this version.
I love the 3.0 concept, but I agree that prestige seems quite underpowered. I submitted a ticket about a specific battle where it didn't seem to mean much, and they said they were continuing to monitor, but didn't give any real indication that they thought it was too bad.
10/12/2016 10:24 AM
Posted by rogelio on 10/12/2016 10:21:00 AM (view original):
The response during the developer's chat was "working as intended". Either they are heads-up-their-own-*****-wrong or this is exactly what they intended.

It is very difficult to be certain from my end, but the developers will know: It seems like AP is simply not scaled by Division/Prestige/Conference Prestige. I understand that prestige effects were "unchanged", but I swear that AP from a D3 = D1 AP. Other items might be impacted by prestige/division factors, but not such that they cannot be overwhelmed by AP. It renders the game unplayable.

I have long been behind the idea that battles must occur between A+ schools in BCS conferences. The old game forced battle-avoidance. Everyone may be used to it, but it wasn't good. However, top flight schools need to be able to put lower tiered schools out of the RNG in most instances. I suppose if someone wanted to draw the line here at B team is at "high" and gets some chance in the RNG, then...ok...I guess, but to have roughly even odds...at worst 55/45 is just ****!
"Working as intended" and not open to tweaking are not the same thing.
10/12/2016 11:30 AM
are the APs about the same in that battle, mully? if so that's pretty silly.

assuming similar APs, i could see the argument that, all things being the same, they get in the RNG as 'high' with max effort, with a 35% chance--after all that would be similar-ish result to the old system (65-35)...but with the RNG at the end to encourage battles. but it absolutely shouldn't get the B-prestige team to very high and near-equal chance to land the recruit.

it definitely seems like APs are overpowered and prestige is underpowered. i think they need to consider adjusting one of these variables and see if balances things a bit, and, if not, adjust both.
10/12/2016 11:37 AM
"are the APs about the same in that battle, mully? if so that's pretty silly."

I will let you know after signings
10/12/2016 12:06 PM
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 12:06:00 PM (view original):
"are the APs about the same in that battle, mully? if so that's pretty silly."

I will let you know after signings
Please do. I think this is really important data to determining just how much APs are worth. Thanks.
10/12/2016 12:08 PM
Just thinking out loud here, are we saying that EVERY single time an A+ prestige should beat out a B prestige? If so, A+ schools can just sign whoever they want with no competition...how fun and fair is that?
10/12/2016 12:23 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 10/12/2016 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Just thinking out loud here, are we saying that EVERY single time an A+ prestige should beat out a B prestige? If so, A+ schools can just sign whoever they want with no competition...how fun and fair is that?
No, what is being said is that an A+ school putting in the same effort as a B shouldn't end up with both being Very High unless there is a preference advantage. Or at least, that is what I believe.
10/12/2016 12:30 PM
Not exactly, but the sentiment remains among a lot of posters here and elsewhere that division alone should trump any amount of recruiting effort, and within a division prestige should trump almost any amount of recruiting effort. It can be hard to let go of the old HD2.0 advantages of being at the top.
10/12/2016 12:40 PM
This is a game that was designed to allow Gardner-Webb (B+) to sign the #1 recruit in Allen without a battle. Some people will hate this and some will love it.

It is what it is.
10/12/2016 12:41 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/12/2016 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Not exactly, but the sentiment remains among a lot of posters here and elsewhere that division alone should trump any amount of recruiting effort, and within a division prestige should trump almost any amount of recruiting effort. It can be hard to let go of the old HD2.0 advantages of being at the top.
It can also be hard to understand that this is a simulation of real life. In this case, most of us believe it should mirror real life. If a real life D1 school offers, especially one with any prestige at all, it would be EXTREMELY rare for a D2 school to compete and IMPOSSIBLE for a D3 school to compete. Many recruits that feel as though they are capable of play D1 ball choose to go JUCO rather than play D2 ball if they are not getting the attention they think they deserve.
10/12/2016 12:44 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 10/12/2016 12:41:00 PM (view original):
This is a game that was designed to allow Gardner-Webb (B+) to sign the #1 recruit in Allen without a battle. Some people will hate this and some will love it.

It is what it is.
Some people will understand that's not the games fault and some won't.
10/12/2016 12:45 PM
1234 Next ▸
Prestige Dont mean Sh&t Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.