Prestige Dont mean Sh&t Topic

Posted by hughesjr on 10/12/2016 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Welcome to 3.0 where EVERYONE is a winner!!
Nice little experiment against another team with almost identical preferences. Both all in.
A+ prestige vs B Prestige.
Result = VH vs VH
Well screw off WIS if getting to a A+ prestige doesn't mean dick anymore.
No wonder every wannabe loves this version.
It does to mean something.

It increases your probability.

Stop with the taking of individual events to then projecting it to every event. Maybe you don't understand math and probabilities.

An A+ prestige gives you more probability than a B prestige. Every Action is modified/corrected for prestige and for preferences. So, if an A+ team and a B team both put in 20 HVs and both put in 1 CV and both put in the same amount of Attention Points. Then the A+ guy has a better change of sgning than does the B guy. How much better .. probably around 0.15 times the effort. So if we take 1000 points as the Max Effort (what the A+ guy has) and if we use a .15 factor for how much better an A+ is than a B (100% vs 85% roughly) then that means that Player B has 850 points.

That would mean player A has 1000/1850 or 54% chance to win that means the B guy has a 46% chance.

If there is a +4% added for the leader (what was suggested before) that shifts the probability to:

58% to 42%

So, the A+ guy had 58% chance and he lost. It happens.

None of that suggests that A+ doesn't mean anything.

In blackjack, the house has an 8% advantage. That would be 54 to 46 odds .. people still make money on blackjack .. you can't take an individual win from the 46% Player and declare the 54% house means nothing. Overall, more often than not, in a way where the house makes a huge profit .. they win. They don't win every event though .. in fact they lose 46 times out of 100.

So, an A+ means a lot .. it means you will win a battle 58 times out of 100 .. it also means you lose 42 times.

All the singular event exaggeration is just looking at a single sample. The only way to win 100% if the time is to be the only person who is at Very High.
Here's the thing, hughes.

In 2.0, a letter grade of prestige was worth 40-50% effort bonus. You're using a 15% effort bonus to explain how this makes sense.

Even if you guessed all the numbers dead on, it would mean that prestige has been gutted in 3.0.
10/12/2016 4:57 PM
Team Prestige must be returned to it's original form, but be reminded that Divisions (D1, D2, D3) must also be multipliers of that Prestige. Translated into english a D1 x A+ Prestige School is ALWAYS better then a D2 x A+ School, and so on and so on. I cannot remember what the title of the post was, but somebody a week or so ago did a real good spreadsheet of how the divisions should compare with each other from the Prestige Standpoint (stuff like a D1 C+ school was comparable to a D2 A+ School).

Tarv wasn't that you that worked that out?
10/12/2016 5:16 PM
"But straight up A+ vs B should be 75% chance of success IMO."

If "straight up" means all other things being equal, then I would agree it would be nice if they lowered the figure to 75%. Right now the prestige gradient appears to be steeper than that for recruiting points based on the same efforts.
10/12/2016 6:15 PM
Seble did add in a significant modifier between divisions.

http://test.whatifsports.net/whatifsports/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=420496&page=2

wvufan- they said in devchat that there is no overlap of prestige between divisions. D- D1 is better than A+D2.

My opinion on prestige is that it should count a lot. This is something that we all have control over for our teams. Teams that can build up their programs to A+ prestige should get rewarded for this. It should outrank any other preference IMHO. It shouldn't be insurmountable of course. There is a balance. We're all going to probably disagree on what that exact number is but maybe we can get pretty close.
10/12/2016 6:25 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/12/2016 6:25:00 PM (view original):
Seble did add in a significant modifier between divisions.

http://test.whatifsports.net/whatifsports/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=420496&page=2

wvufan- they said in devchat that there is no overlap of prestige between divisions. D- D1 is better than A+D2.

My opinion on prestige is that it should count a lot. This is something that we all have control over for our teams. Teams that can build up their programs to A+ prestige should get rewarded for this. It should outrank any other preference IMHO. It shouldn't be insurmountable of course. There is a balance. We're all going to probably disagree on what that exact number is but maybe we can get pretty close.
+1
10/12/2016 6:51 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/12/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):

If "straight up" means all other things being equal, then I would agree it would be nice if they lowered the figure to 75%. Right now the prestige gradient appears to be steeper than that for recruiting points based on the same efforts.
Well here you go sports fans. As if I thought there was a problem before with this crap.
In my correspondence with CS they start with, "you are slightly behind because ......"

"slightly behind" at A+ vs B.....what the fck!
10/12/2016 7:11 PM
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 7:11:00 PM (view original):

Well here you go sports fans. As if I thought there was a problem before with this crap.
In my correspondence with CS they start with, "you are slightly behind because ......"

And what were their reasons? Has to be something. Share it.

10/12/2016 8:43 PM
Posted by tarvolon on 10/12/2016 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 10/12/2016 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Welcome to 3.0 where EVERYONE is a winner!!
Nice little experiment against another team with almost identical preferences. Both all in.
A+ prestige vs B Prestige.
Result = VH vs VH
Well screw off WIS if getting to a A+ prestige doesn't mean dick anymore.
No wonder every wannabe loves this version.
It does to mean something.

It increases your probability.

Stop with the taking of individual events to then projecting it to every event. Maybe you don't understand math and probabilities.

An A+ prestige gives you more probability than a B prestige. Every Action is modified/corrected for prestige and for preferences. So, if an A+ team and a B team both put in 20 HVs and both put in 1 CV and both put in the same amount of Attention Points. Then the A+ guy has a better change of sgning than does the B guy. How much better .. probably around 0.15 times the effort. So if we take 1000 points as the Max Effort (what the A+ guy has) and if we use a .15 factor for how much better an A+ is than a B (100% vs 85% roughly) then that means that Player B has 850 points.

That would mean player A has 1000/1850 or 54% chance to win that means the B guy has a 46% chance.

If there is a +4% added for the leader (what was suggested before) that shifts the probability to:

58% to 42%

So, the A+ guy had 58% chance and he lost. It happens.

None of that suggests that A+ doesn't mean anything.

In blackjack, the house has an 8% advantage. That would be 54 to 46 odds .. people still make money on blackjack .. you can't take an individual win from the 46% Player and declare the 54% house means nothing. Overall, more often than not, in a way where the house makes a huge profit .. they win. They don't win every event though .. in fact they lose 46 times out of 100.

So, an A+ means a lot .. it means you will win a battle 58 times out of 100 .. it also means you lose 42 times.

All the singular event exaggeration is just looking at a single sample. The only way to win 100% if the time is to be the only person who is at Very High.
Here's the thing, hughes.

In 2.0, a letter grade of prestige was worth 40-50% effort bonus. You're using a 15% effort bonus to explain how this makes sense.

Even if you guessed all the numbers dead on, it would mean that prestige has been gutted in 3.0.
The way they do effort is that they modify it based on Prestige. So, if you are an A+, you get 100% of your effort points when you put them in. If you are a B, you would get 85% of your attention points (or close to that) ... So if an A+ puts 25 APs on a guy, he gets 25 points worth of effort. If a B puts 25 points on the same guy, he gets only 21 points of effort.

That means that higher prestige teams unlock actions with less points than lower prestige teams (for example).
10/12/2016 8:47 PM
It appears to work the same way with a better recruit compared to a lesser recruit, too. The same effort that unlocks a lesser recruit falls short with a better recruit. The better the recruit, the more extra effort is needed to unlock him. Combine this with the influences hughesjr just talked about, plus the significant divisional divider Benis mentioned, and you can see what a steep gradient there is in favor of the higher teams over the lower teams.
10/12/2016 10:00 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/12/2016 8:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 10/12/2016 7:11:00 PM (view original):

And what were their reasons? Has to be something. Share it.

Recruit was closer to him than me.

Of course that's enough to over come a grade and a half prestige disadvantage....
10/12/2016 10:49 PM
Excuse me while I laugh my fukcing *** off. Maxed out recruiting effort.
Seble u clueless ****.... good riddance
Minnesota kbingham DI B Very High Yes
Wisconsin mullycj DI A+ High Yes
10/12/2016 11:19 PM
"Recruit was closer to him than me..." And?

Maybe coach forum performance weighs more than we thought.
10/12/2016 11:22 PM
I'd rather have that explanation than the **** they are rolling out live here.

Edit : hopefully King and I will share info once he signs
10/12/2016 11:25 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Prestige Dont mean Sh&t Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.