BASKET OF DEPLORABLES Topic

Simple. America is divided straight down the middle. It's sad, but we only have ourselves to blame. So, your team will be split down the middle. Let's celebrate this ridiculous display of democracy with an equal ridiculous display of hockey.

Franchise selection is exclusive. Players can be twisted - within the limits of the rules (I know... Rules? What friggin rules in this election year? But... have to have a few).

Rules
1. Half your franchise must be made up of players that played for a Campbell Conference (Pre New Alignment) team and stats must be from one of those teams and years.
2. Half your franchise must be made up of players that played for a Prince of Wales Conference (PNA) team and stats must be from one of those teams and years.
3. Goalies must be no higher than 89% SA (Nothing can save this election!!!) If your team can't meet this rule, then we will find you a goalie that will.
4. Your 3 scrubs must be 300+ PIM guys and play at least 20 games each to qualify your team for the post season. (You need your goons to intimidate those that would come forward about your candidates indiscretions.)
5. Only half your forwards can have a SH% above 20.
6. Half your team will have a DEF RATING above 50. The other half must be below 50. (Scrubs don't count against this rule)

Your team name must be associated with a political scandal from Canada or USA.

100M cap.

Put together your basket of deplorables and potty mouthed hypocrites and throw them on the ice to battle it out!

Other... No ties; No PI; No SUS or INJ; No WW; No Clones
10/12/2016 10:25 AM

10/12/2016 10:26 AM
Posted by kiteport on 10/12/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Simple. America is divided straight down the middle. It's sad, but we only have ourselves to blame. So, your team will be split down the middle. Let's celebrate this ridiculous display of democracy with an equal ridiculous display of hockey.

Franchise selection is exclusive. Players can be twisted - within the limits of the rules (I know... Rules? What friggin rules in this election year? But... have to have a few).

Rules
1. Half your franchise must be made up of players that played for a Campbell Conference (Pre New Alignment) team and stats must be from one of those teams and years.
2. Half your franchise must be made up of players that played for a Prince of Wales Conference (PNA) team and stats must be from one of those teams and years.
3. Goalies must be no higher than 89% SA (Nothing can save this election!!!) If your team can't meet this rule, then we will find you a goalie that will.
4. Your 3 scrubs must be 300+ PIM guys and play at least 20 games each to qualify your team for the post season. (You need your goons to intimidate those that would come forward about your candidates indiscretions.)
5. Only half your forwards can have a SH% above 20.
6. Half your team will have a DEF RATING above 50. The other half must be below 50. (Scrubs don't count against this rule)

Your team name must be associated with a political scandal from Canada or USA.

100M cap.

Put together your basket of deplorables and potty mouthed hypocrites and throw them on the ice to battle it out!

Other... No ties; No PI; No SUS or INJ; No WW; No Clones
Ha ha! You need rules because you are a teacher. The 89% thing. You are obsessed with that one ... Good luck.. That said, like the floppy wheel on the grocery cart, I might come back later.

3 mins later:

OK I'm in. Just don't salary cap the thugs. I got me some good ones comin at ya.. but you got to get rid of the first two rules, because I am just not going to bust my brains doing a draft. PNA and all that stuff just too much.

I am first in, so I WANT AN ICE CREAM CONE.... and I want it NOW

Hey I am 71 y.o. today. So make that cone a double
10/12/2016 5:41 PM (edited)
What about AT D 50 rate? That shouldn't count against either one, right?
10/12/2016 7:48 PM
Posted by slapshot5 on 10/12/2016 7:48:00 PM (view original):
What about AT D 50 rate? That shouldn't count against either one, right?
Right. Can be in either conference.
10/13/2016 10:11 AM
DEAD

That was quick.
10/16/2016 5:16 PM
It happens.
10/20/2016 2:08 AM
BASKET OF DEPLORABLES Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.