Can you redshirt after I guarntee a start? Topic

Would he stop considering me? It's a top juco recruit, but I'm the only one who has offered him and am "very high".

Does he stop considering me? Could I remove the redshirt if it didn't work and go back to "very high"
10/12/2016 11:24 AM
I am fairly confident that I read in a dev chat or the beta forum that, now, asking a recruit a redshirt removes the start promise and all effort credit received for it. I would imagine you could just promise the start again and that would remove the redshirt request, but I don't know for sure.
10/12/2016 11:45 AM
Posted by sportstar6ms on 10/12/2016 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Would he stop considering me? It's a top juco recruit, but I'm the only one who has offered him and am "very high".

Does he stop considering me? Could I remove the redshirt if it didn't work and go back to "very high"
My understanding is that putting on a redshirt now not only removes all the effect of a promised start and/or promised minutes. If also subtracts more effort than that.

Exactly how much, I do not know. The only way to find out is to do it. I did see discussion that there is more impact than just removing the effort from promises.

If you do and if you have money / HV's left then you might be able to recover.
10/12/2016 1:53 PM
in 2.0, informing of red shirt removed all start and min promises. I am rather sure that it removed all positive effects of those promises AND was also a negative itself in addition.

cant say 3.0
10/12/2016 4:03 PM
I'll experiment with my beta team and see what happens
10/12/2016 5:48 PM
I ended up not attempting this and just signing the guy because he was too good to risk.
10/12/2016 11:14 PM
It was pointed out by yours truly that using the "Inform of Redshirt" after promising minutes would lead to people exploiting how the "Prefers to Play" preference.

One would just offer the minutes up front, pile in the 20 HVs + CV after you got your VG and then issue the "Inform of Redshirt" to remove the promise (while gaining all your HVs/CV to gain the bonus).

Seble, made it such that doing the action produces "negative" recruiting effort (along with offering fewer minutes as well).
10/13/2016 1:18 AM
how is that different from what was true in 2.0?
10/13/2016 2:16 AM
Can you redshirt after I guarntee a start? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.