Are Strikeout Rates Normalized? Topic

I'm trying to put a team together with a pitching staff with a high K/rate and hitters that rarely strikeout. I can use pitchers with a high K/9#, but I can't find normalized strikeout rates for hitters. What happens if I use a bunch of hitters from the 19th century?
10/13/2016 3:35 PM
Posted by zagima on 10/13/2016 3:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm trying to put a team together with a pitching staff with a high K/rate and hitters that rarely strikeout. I can use pitchers with a high K/9#, but I can't find normalized strikeout rates for hitters. What happens if I use a bunch of hitters from the 19th century?
Ya, I mean, just look at their K/rates #. There are many deadball hitters who strikeout like 3 times every 100 ABs
10/13/2016 3:48 PM
You can see a player's normalized numbers from their player profile, their advanced stats. You can see them after drafting them, just click on the player.

There are many player seasons with less than 3 k's per 100...
10/13/2016 4:51 PM (edited)
But, the K totals in the actual stats for deadball hitters are generally fiction because batter Ks weren't kept much in that era. I don't recall the exact year when batter Ks were first recorded.
10/13/2016 4:52 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm assuming, then, that I can't search/sort by K/rates #. Is that right?

And also, more importantly, is this strategy likely to be successful in a hitters park?
10/13/2016 5:02 PM
Defensive range is cheaper than pitching K's, but you've got the right idea for a hitter's park.
10/13/2016 6:04 PM
Are Strikeout Rates Normalized? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.