My Redshirt quit the game!?!?!?! lol Topic

I never post on these forums, but I figured I'd let you guys know before I walk away. Upon waking up this morning to see just how much my players went up I noticed that my redshirted player from last season just LEFT MY TEAM to go play in the woods or something hahahaha. I've redshirted hundreds of players, but this was my first on the new system. Not only did I not get any notes of him being upset initially or after (I know you typically dont get notes during the season of redshirted players), but I also didnt get any notes that he was leaving this morning (as a drafted player would leave). He's literally just vanished into thin air, as he's not even re-entered the recruiting database. Obviously, because of his redshirt I made zero attempts to recruit because I had no spots to fill.

The lesson here is don't redshirt players because they may just quit playing basketball altogether lololol...seriously it happened. Best of luck to everyone.
10/14/2016 8:28 AM
he did this before season started or at the end?

had his WE dropped?

had you promised no redshirt?
10/14/2016 9:11 AM
-He was a senior....I've held a player back like this more than 10 times because my teams would be better set up for a run the following season.
-His work ethic actually DIDN"T drop this time below 10 like they always have done in the past. However, I just assumed this was the new system reacting differently and not that the player would literally disappear lol.
-The no promise redshirt didn't apply.
10/14/2016 9:17 AM
If you tell me the player's name I can tell you more information, but what I am guessing happened is that he decided to enter the draft but was undrafted.
10/14/2016 9:59 AM
lol no chance this guy went into the draft unless it was for the military....his name was Dante Bryan
10/14/2016 10:05 AM
stupeedone, I have used the "RS a senior who is fully developed" strategy a lot. I never had one who decided to leave, but there was another post in the forums a while back about a guy who had the same thing happen. I think this is just a risk built into the game. There is a small chance the dude is just going to get ****** off and leave. Either way- just wanted you to know it's not the first time it's happened.
10/14/2016 10:13 AM
good to know noleaniml....find it hard to believe its EVER happened to a redshirted senior who doesn't drop in work ethic when the redshirt is applied.
10/14/2016 10:18 AM
I don't know what happened with the no drop in WE. EVERY senior I have ever RSed has had a massive drop in WE (maybe not below 10, but at least cut in half) and I've done this, at least, 20 times.
10/14/2016 10:21 AM
yeah.....all I can say is this one was different than every other one as I didn't even receive a message back regarding the redshirt I gave him, and yes i'm POSITIVE he was redshirted....I probably clicked on his player page 5 times and checked my office page to make sure the rescind message was still there. Im not mad as I was probably going out anyways, but was finally at a season I was looking forward to and obviously this ends it for me.
10/14/2016 10:29 AM
I actually like this. Redshirting a senior seems incredibly unrealistic.
10/14/2016 10:33 AM
Another key bit of information is I applied the redshirt right before the switch over....and again, I'm positive the red shirt icon was on his player page and the rescind option was still available as well AFTER the switch was made. I'm not sure if the switch prevented his lack of WE drop and lack of message response from happening, but all I know is his redshirt was still there.
10/14/2016 10:33 AM
I'm not mad guys just letting others know....best of luck to all
10/14/2016 10:40 AM
stupeedone, I am pretty sure I read that redshirts will not carry over through the change over and you would have to apply them after the change over was complete. I'm having trouble recalling exactly what the warning was, but I am 100% confident there was some sort of issue related to redshirts and the change over.
10/14/2016 10:58 AM
Posted by noleaniml on 10/14/2016 10:58:00 AM (view original):
stupeedone, I am pretty sure I read that redshirts will not carry over through the change over and you would have to apply them after the change over was complete. I'm having trouble recalling exactly what the warning was, but I am 100% confident there was some sort of issue related to redshirts and the change over.
I think you have got it, noleaniml. "Another key bit of information is I applied the redshirt right before the switch over." There is the problem right there. Any irregularity at the change point from 2.0 to 3.0 shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone following the forums.
10/14/2016 11:04 AM
Here's what I was referring to, but I did get it a little wrong. I'm not sure how this might apply in this situation...

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=496282
10/14/2016 11:05 AM
12 Next ▸
My Redshirt quit the game!?!?!?! lol Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.