Ballpark question Topic

Perhaps someone has done extensive research on this, but if I'm trying to stretch my pitcher innings as far as possible in a pitchers park, is it better to pick a park that limits basehits (non-homers) or homers more? I realize homers are more damaging, but they also don't occur as often as singles and doubles.

As one example, which would be better:

Target Field (0, +1, +1, -4, -4)

OR

Tropicana Field (-1, 0, +1, -1, -1)
10/14/2016 10:31 AM
Tropicana. The -1 for 1B is believed to affect ALL types of hits, in the part of the PA decision tree that determines hit or out. 2B, 3B, and HR ratings are used after a hit is decided to determine what type of hit, but the 1B rating should have the strongest overall effect on limiting (or enhancing) hits of all types.
10/14/2016 11:47 AM
agree with skunk, as if you needed a second opinion.
10/14/2016 7:43 PM
so misleading.....i thought 1b was for singles.
10/15/2016 11:03 AM
I'm not quite sure what I think about this but this was a very interesting thread regarding the 'singles' modifier at dodger stadium.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=494952
10/15/2016 5:29 PM
Yeah, what Skunk said was the traditional understanding, but Dodger Stadium data seems to debunk that. I just started a Kingdome team, -2 for singles, but a +1.04 overall factor. Will be interesting to see my home/away batting average.
10/17/2016 6:17 PM
Ballpark question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.