+ Plays Ranger vs Arm Topic

I took a hiatus for a while and been back a year. I'm noticing Arm Strength seems to have more correlation with plus plays than it used to. I'm caught up on all the updates but does anyone know specifically if Arm Strength was made a bigger factor in deciding + plays? Or, perhaps another way to ask, are people being thrown out due to plus arms more frequently and granted ++ for the play?
10/14/2016 7:44 PM
I think Arm Strength and Range affect + plays and glove and accuracy affect errors.
10/14/2016 7:53 PM
Arm strength has always correlated highly to + plays.

I used to play a pure SS as a CFer, and he had a very high arm strength. He made a ton of + plays every season. When I reviewed play-by-play on the plays where he got his + plays, many of them were on singles. I assume the + play was due to his high arm strength deterring runners from stretching singles into doubles.
10/14/2016 9:17 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/14/2016 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Arm strength has always correlated highly to + plays.

I used to play a pure SS as a CFer, and he had a very high arm strength. He made a ton of + plays every season. When I reviewed play-by-play on the plays where he got his + plays, many of them were on singles. I assume the + play was due to his high arm strength deterring runners from stretching singles into doubles.
Did he have 90+ range? It seems more likely he cut off a ball that the average CFer lets go into the gap for a double. Most guys aren't going to take second on a ball hit to the CFer, even if he has a weak arm.
10/14/2016 10:14 PM (edited)
He did. But if you look at the Boxscore Glossary at the bottom of the boxscore popup, + plays for "Good Range" are denoted by "+-" My guy was getting "+" (Good Play) and "++" (Great Play) notations, so I assumed it was due to his arm strength.
10/14/2016 10:21 PM
Probably a dumb question but I'm new.....where do you find a players arm strength? And all I've ever seen about players range is numbers like 3.4 or 4.9....small numbers like that. Where do you see a guy's range as 90?
2/2/2017 7:48 PM
Posted by dreamteam20 on 2/2/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Probably a dumb question but I'm new.....where do you find a players arm strength? And all I've ever seen about players range is numbers like 3.4 or 4.9....small numbers like that. Where do you see a guy's range as 90?
It's a defensive rating on his profile. Not a stat.
2/2/2017 7:59 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 2/2/2017 7:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dreamteam20 on 2/2/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
It's a defensive rating on his profile. Not a stat.
Thank you
2/2/2017 8:04 PM
+ Plays Ranger vs Arm Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.