Can it get any worse? Topic

I don't think Trump will doubt the people he entrusts to those positions. Trusting Clinton's / Obama's people is something entirely different. Not really that difficult for someone without a totally closed mind to understand. Hell, don't the vast majority of Americans doubt the vast majority of things they hear politicians say? If sj needs an asslicker so bad, it's obvious where he can find one.
10/20/2016 11:24 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/20/2016 9:41:00 AM (view original):
This hasn't been getting as much mention as it should this morning, lost in the shuffle of the other noise (particularly Trump's refusal to say whether he will accept the legitimacy of the election results), but this might be the most telling thing (at least to me) that came out of last night's final debate.

The US intelligence community announced two weeks ago that it was confident that the Russian government was behind the recent email hacks. Clinton brought it up last night. "She has no idea whether it's Russia, China or anybody else" said Trump. "Hillary, you have no idea". Clinton fired back "Do you doubt seventeen military and civilian agencies?" to which Trump responded "And our country has no idea. Yeah, I doubt it, I doubt it."

Now . . . picture President Trump in the situation room of the White House during some sort of crisis. All of his "trusted" advisors providing him solid, credible information about the crisis at hand. And him just rejecting everything he hears because it doesn't fit his desired reality.

How can anybody support this?
Do you think Hillary mishandled confidential material?

Do you think the FBI's findings in the investigation of Hillary's email are legit? Honestly, if some low level government employee does what Hillary did, they are not running for President. They are preparing for a legal battle in hopes of staying out of jail.

Trump is terrible but he, and the rest of America, have reason to doubt the Obama/Hillary people's findings.
10/20/2016 11:54 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/19/2016 7:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/19/2016 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Hillary's record of public service chokes out about 99.9 percent of any other human beings record. You may not agree with the results, but she's done more in and for the public domain than almost anyone.
All from the kindness of her heart?
certainly not from the goodness of her heart. Show me a politician who only acts from the goodness of her/his heart and I'll show you a failed politician.
10/20/2016 2:54 PM (edited)
Posted by all3 on 10/20/2016 11:24:00 AM (view original):
I don't think Trump will doubt the people he entrusts to those positions. Trusting Clinton's / Obama's people is something entirely different. Not really that difficult for someone without a totally closed mind to understand. Hell, don't the vast majority of Americans doubt the vast majority of things they hear politicians say? If sj needs an asslicker so bad, it's obvious where he can find one.
"will (not) doubt the people he entrusts to those positions."

Right, people who will be like the very yesmen he surrounds himself with now.

I may be going out on a limb here, but they will probably - NOT - include men with resumes like these guys -
A PHD in Economics and war veteran and former Secretary of Treasury
A MBA who was a 4 Star General and former NATO Commander
A Harvard educated lawyer, and former FTC and Health and Human services Secretary

Because men like that would probably contradict him, and we all know he can't stand that.
10/20/2016 12:05 PM
Trump NOT paying taxes doesn't make him a bad guy. It makes him a smart guy. If all of us had the property, assets, and deductions available to us, none of us would pay taxes either. Hell, I take every possible deduction using every possible interpretation of the law. That's what intelligent people (who want to keep their money out of the hands of the spend-happy Congress) do.

How many of you are using the 1040EZ? Because if you're not, you're doing exactly what you're complaining about Trump doing, which is lowering your taxable income using legal deductions.

Don't hate the (non)payer, hate the game.

Besides, Trump (well, the Trump corporation) employs more people than Hillary, meaning he's created more jobs also.
10/20/2016 12:30 PM
IT'LL BE HARD TO REBUILD A HUUUUUGE MILITARY( AS HE ESPOUSES) IF EVERYBODY EVADES TAXES LIKE DRUMPF
10/20/2016 1:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/20/2016 11:54:00 AM (view original):
This hasn't been getting as much mention as it should this morning, lost in the shuffle of the other noise (particularly Trump's refusal to say whether he will accept the legitimacy of the election results), but this might be the most telling thing (at least to me) that came out of last night's final debate.

The US intelligence community announced two weeks ago that it was confident that the Russian government was behind the recent email hacks. Clinton brought it up last night. "She has no idea whether it's Russia, China or anybody else" said Trump. "Hillary, you have no idea". Clinton fired back "Do you doubt seventeen military and civilian agencies?" to which Trump responded "And our country has no idea. Yeah, I doubt it, I doubt it."

Now . . . picture President Trump in the situation room of the White House during some sort of crisis. All of his "trusted" advisors providing him solid, credible information about the crisis at hand. And him just rejecting everything he hears because it doesn't fit his desired reality.

Do you think the FBI's findings in the investigation of Hillary's email are legit? Honestly, if some low level government employee does what Hillary did, they are not running for President. They are preparing for a legal battle in hopes of staying out of jail.

Trump is terrible but he, and the rest of America, have reason to doubt the Obama/Hillary people's findings.
Honestly, you have no idea what you're talking about.
10/20/2016 1:20 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 10/20/2016 12:30:00 PM (view original):
Trump NOT paying taxes doesn't make him a bad guy. It makes him a smart guy. If all of us had the property, assets, and deductions available to us, none of us would pay taxes either. Hell, I take every possible deduction using every possible interpretation of the law. That's what intelligent people (who want to keep their money out of the hands of the spend-happy Congress) do.

How many of you are using the 1040EZ? Because if you're not, you're doing exactly what you're complaining about Trump doing, which is lowering your taxable income using legal deductions.

Don't hate the (non)payer, hate the game.

Besides, Trump (well, the Trump corporation) employs more people than Hillary, meaning he's created more jobs also.
I don't think anyone is legitimately mad that Trump takes deductions. It's the fact that he complains about poor people not paying income tax that reveals what a humongous ******* he is.
10/20/2016 1:22 PM
The news that Donald Trump turned down 94 percent of American job applicants to his Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Fla., in favor of foreign workers brought in under the H-2B visa program should come as a surprise to absolutely no one. Over the course of the campaign season, Trump has proven himself a liar of Clintonian proportions, and there has never been any reason to believe that he was somehow more trustworthy when it came to his rhetorical opposition to America’s foolish immigration policies — the ostensible raison d’être for his presidential campaign, one might recall. Moreover, the fact that he is more gold-obsessed than King Midas should have suggested otherwise. And, indeed, this turns out not to be the first time that Donald Trump has undermined American workers to expand his profit margin. That has been his M.O. throughout his career.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431933/donald-trump-foreign-workers-american-workers-arent-good-enough

FROM THE LIBERAL RAG, NATIONAL REVIEW
10/20/2016 1:26 PM
Funny how the National Review admits that Shrillary is a liar too... "liar of Clintonian proportions"
10/20/2016 1:43 PM
Trump's massive ego and narcissistic personality forces him to always be the smartest person in the room. No matter what any of his advisors tell him, if it's not what he wants to hear, it will be wrong. Leaders know how to surround themselves with quality people in a variety of disciplines, and know when to listen and take their advice. I don't think Trump is capable of that.
10/20/2016 1:49 PM
THE CONSERVATIVE NATIONAL REVIEW DOESN'T HAVE TO "ADMIT" IT, THEY'VE BEEN CLAIMING THAT FOR 20+ YEARS
10/20/2016 1:50 PM
So people on this site think Trump micromanages a multibillion dollar Corporation. I don't beleive that's true, as I don't think any person could do that. However, those same posters then turnaround and say the man doesn't know what he's talking about. HUH? If he's, as they claim, making all the decisions about such a huge, World-wide Corporation, doesn't that show he's pretty much got his stuff together? At least try to make sense in your hatred-filled rantings guys.
10/20/2016 4:09 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 10/20/2016 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/20/2016 11:54:00 AM (view original):

Honestly, you have no idea what you're talking about.
So you don't think Hillary mishandled confidential material?

Or do you think Sgt. Joe would be given a pass if he did the same thing?

Has to be one or the other.
10/20/2016 2:31 PM
He already undercuts stuff his VP says all the time.
10/20/2016 2:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
Can it get any worse? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.