FAQ Needs to be Updated Topic

Posted by poncho0091 on 10/22/2016 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 10/21/2016 9:14:00 PM (view original):
I am all for good documentation. But as a person who works in the software industry for a living, I can tell out that Docs are the last thing that gets updated.

Would I like them to update the docs .. sure. Do I think the guide chapel and benis did are better than we are ever going to get from WIS .. yes. They are not going to tell us things like the actual numbers for letter grades for level 2 and 3 scouting or exact ranges for potential. etc.

I think the user Docs are almost always better than the software company docs. If you need to do something advanced in Excel .. do you look at the Microsoft docs .. or some dudes blog who tells you how to do it?
I agree that the user docs are always going to be better, and they should be, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that the developers need to give out every detail, but at the bare minimum, they should update the basic core mechanics of the game for a new user.
I agree with that. They should update the docs. I just think a better way to get them to update the docs is by pointing out the things that have problems and proposing a solution. I understand some people don't want to do that. They certainly don't have to do it.

If enough people know how to use github .. I would be happy to take the text of the FAQ, put it into github and let people fork it and make changes, then I would pull in the new changes. Then we could have a user maintained FAQ that we could point WIS Devs at to get updated info if they choose to.

My doing that would depend on two things:

1) Enough people who know how to use github would have to tell me they will participate.
2) WIS would have to say it is OK to start with their copyrighted FAQ text.

So .. who is willing to use github to maintain a collaborated user FAQ. If enough people will do it .. I will ask WIS if it is OK.
10/23/2016 11:21 AM
◂ Prev 12
FAQ Needs to be Updated Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.