FAQ Needs to be Updated Topic

Team HD,

The FAQ is still written for 2.0. Maybe you should update it? Maybe?

Thanks.

10/16/2016 8:03 PM
Posted by lakevin on 10/16/2016 8:03:00 PM (view original):
Team HD,

The FAQ is still written for 2.0. Maybe you should update it? Maybe?

Thanks.

This FAQ? It has many 3.0 things in there that I see. Maybe instead of saying rewrite it, you could point out which questions you saw that are wrong and even a suggested fix?
10/16/2016 10:07 PM
Yeah there are several ones for 2.0

- Scholly's costing $100
- Recruits rejecting HVs
- Fav school preference

Probably a few more..
10/17/2016 7:28 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by phalla on 10/19/2016 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Shouldn't have to "point it out".

Administration should be smart enough to fix it.
Sure .. that is one approach.

Te one that is taking over the world, however is collaboration. (Ever heard of open source software?)
10/19/2016 3:54 PM
Hughes, for once, just realize you don't have to blindly support all things WIS. You can admit once in awhile that they screwed something up. One of the many excuses I've heard about why 2.0 was bad was that the guides were outdated, yet they roll out a huge update and couldn't take the time to update the guide?

Why should collaboration on the part of the customer even be needed? If WIS wants their game and update to work, they need to put in the time to do it right. It was obvious that all of the knowledgeable users weren't needed when they decided on the update, so why are they needed now?

It's one thing for someone to catch 1 or 2 minor mistakes, but the customers should not have to do their job for them.
10/19/2016 7:19 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 10/19/2016 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Hughes, for once, just realize you don't have to blindly support all things WIS. You can admit once in awhile that they screwed something up. One of the many excuses I've heard about why 2.0 was bad was that the guides were outdated, yet they roll out a huge update and couldn't take the time to update the guide?

Why should collaboration on the part of the customer even be needed? If WIS wants their game and update to work, they need to put in the time to do it right. It was obvious that all of the knowledgeable users weren't needed when they decided on the update, so why are they needed now?

It's one thing for someone to catch 1 or 2 minor mistakes, but the customers should not have to do their job for them.
And yet chapel and benis wrote the guide. Yatzr did a recruiting tool. Many people have provided help sheets.

I didn't say WIS does everything right. I said they should lengthen the second session. I said they should automatically open all recruiting actions for all teams with EEs at the beginning of the second session. I submitted a ticket with an idea how they could use potential with player roles for recruiting.

I don't think the beta was long enough. WIS does plenty wrong.

None of that precludes people from providing an actual suggestion for fixes rather than just complaining that something is wrong. If you make it easier to get a fix implemented, you stand a much better chance of having it happen.
10/19/2016 11:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Maybe some people like to be team players and help the overall ecosystem, while others are jerks.
10/20/2016 3:13 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/20/2016 3:13:00 AM (view original):
Maybe some people like to be team players and help the overall ecosystem, while others are jerks.
Surprised to see you call out Seble like that.
10/20/2016 4:44 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/20/2016 3:13:00 AM (view original):
Well said, Captain Obvious.
10/20/2016 11:28 AM
^^^^ hello POT
10/20/2016 11:56 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/19/2016 11:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 10/19/2016 7:19:00 PM (view original):

And yet chapel and benis wrote the guide. Yatzr did a recruiting tool. Many people have provided help sheets.

I didn't say WIS does everything right. I said they should lengthen the second session. I said they should automatically open all recruiting actions for all teams with EEs at the beginning of the second session. I submitted a ticket with an idea how they could use potential with player roles for recruiting.

I don't think the beta was long enough. WIS does plenty wrong.

None of that precludes people from providing an actual suggestion for fixes rather than just complaining that something is wrong. If you make it easier to get a fix implemented, you stand a much better chance of having it happen.
You're missing the point hughes. Your original remark to phalla is collaboration is taking over the world. The problem is phalla is right when he says we shouldn't have to point it out and admin should be smart enough to fix it.

There was a huge discussion over the fact that it was hard to succeed in the old game because the information was difficult to find in the forums, and the official guides were outdated. Yet here we are, upon a new rollout and the official guide is outdated, and we are once again expecting new guys and even vets learning the new system to search the forums just like before or rely on this outdated official guide.

Last time I checked, none of us are WIS employees. You're right, we should help them out if we notice something off, but how **** poor is it that a company wants to make a major overhaul and can't even take the time to proofread, and update their own documents? It's one thing if it's one or 2 minor mistakes that are caught (like a spelling error), but it's not our job to do their job for them. How have we made the game less confusing and easier for new guys when the resources that are supposed to be easiest to find are wrong and misleading?
10/21/2016 12:35 AM
I am all for good documentation. But as a person who works in the software industry for a living, I can tell out that Docs are the last thing that gets updated.

Would I like them to update the docs .. sure. Do I think the guide chapel and benis did are better than we are ever going to get from WIS .. yes. They are not going to tell us things like the actual numbers for letter grades for level 2 and 3 scouting or exact ranges for potential. etc.

I think the user Docs are almost always better than the software company docs. If you need to do something advanced in Excel .. do you look at the Microsoft docs .. or some dudes blog who tells you how to do it?
10/21/2016 9:14 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/21/2016 9:14:00 PM (view original):
I am all for good documentation. But as a person who works in the software industry for a living, I can tell out that Docs are the last thing that gets updated.

Would I like them to update the docs .. sure. Do I think the guide chapel and benis did are better than we are ever going to get from WIS .. yes. They are not going to tell us things like the actual numbers for letter grades for level 2 and 3 scouting or exact ranges for potential. etc.

I think the user Docs are almost always better than the software company docs. If you need to do something advanced in Excel .. do you look at the Microsoft docs .. or some dudes blog who tells you how to do it?
I agree that the user docs are always going to be better, and they should be, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that the developers need to give out every detail, but at the bare minimum, they should update the basic core mechanics of the game for a new user.
10/22/2016 12:47 AM
12 Next ▸
FAQ Needs to be Updated Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.