One Pick a Day Franchise Soup Draft - Full Topic

One Pick a Day Franchise Soup Draft

This will be a 24 Team Draft League, Standard WIS Format. Seasons are from 1980-2016

I ran this draft a couple times using Seasons and the drafts were a blast. This time we'll do Franchises. I used random.org to get 25 different lists of Franchises, one for each round. Everyone will get a different Franchise to pick from each round and over the entire draft you'll only pick 1 player from any one Franchise so it will be a true Soup League.
The lists will be randomly assigned and I'll have someone who is not in the League do the draw. Remember, it's random for everyone so you get what you get and may the best team win.

The draft board uses all 30 Franchises but since there are only 24 owners drafting each round, 6 Franchises won't be used. Each round there is no rhyme or reason which Franchises are listed and which ones are omitted since it was done randomly.

Each day you will draft a player from the Franchise that was drawn for you for that round. Since everyone drafts from a different Franchise each day, you can make your pick at anytime of the day. Please stick with 1 pick per day. I will update the draft board and Players list at the end of each day. Each new day starts at 12:01AM so there will be no waiting for someone to make their pick once we start a new day. If you miss a pick you can make it up at anytime but if the next pick was made for the next day already before you make your missed pick then any and all picks made before you are good.

Players can be chosen more than once if they played for multiple Franchises. For instance, Max Scherzer could be drafted as a Detroit Tiger and a Washington National. You just have to use the correct Franchise version of the player according to your Franchise draw. Clones are allowed so you could draft different versions of the same player from different Franchises.
Players are exclusive per Franchise. The Players list that I will update each day will list each player taken from each Franchise. Double check your pick using the player list to see if that player has already been taken before making a pick. The owner picking after you does not have to wait for you to correct a duplicate mistake pick if the next day has started.

There will be a $120M Salary Cap so keep that in mind as well especially when we get to the later rounds since you will need to stay under that cap.

No AAA
No WW
No DH
Yes Clones
No Live Play
Injuries Off
1 Random Alignment
Any Stadium

Owners: bheid408; schwarze; shysters3; calhoop; ybjsports; nocomm999; elduro25; Chisock; rjk2781; asufan04; duece_duece; Rattlers; Vindex24; DarthDurron; bargearse; reddtrain; pick1or2; georgedeer; tmantom3285; batandball; simisox; specsman; grayfoxx; FishNasty
10/21/2016 3:34 PM (edited)
I notice a few draft leagues in the Theme forum right now but this one will be unique in that you can make your picks at any time of the day, no scheduled time slots you have to keep.
I will post the draft board in the Theme League forum in a couple days.
10/17/2016 8:41 PM (edited)
IN
10/18/2016 9:54 AM
In
10/18/2016 10:08 AM
Please sign me up!
10/18/2016 10:38 AM
sounds fun, I'm in
10/18/2016 10:57 AM
I'm in.
10/18/2016 12:19 PM
Yes please
10/18/2016 1:16 PM
I'm in.
10/18/2016 1:22 PM
Love it! Count me in!
10/18/2016 1:43 PM
I'm in.
10/18/2016 1:56 PM
a DRAFT... I'm in!! Almost half full in less than 24 hours, I think the "exclusive player drafts" are hot right now
10/18/2016 2:28 PM (edited)
I'm in
10/18/2016 3:39 PM
I'm in.
10/18/2016 4:30 PM
Couple questions:

1) You can only get a franchise once through the draft?
2) Are you also enforcing years for the soup?
10/18/2016 5:15 PM
12 Next ▸
One Pick a Day Franchise Soup Draft - Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.