Optimize Practice Plan - horrible Topic

Posted by hughesjr on 10/19/2016 2:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 10/18/2016 7:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milwood on 10/18/2016 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Have you tried optimizing your lineup? Walkons will start. Lol
It uses the position of a player and not the position role rating (which is not perfect but better). Hughes Jr actually has a so-so program for the starting lineup based upon role rating which he might be willing to lend.
cubcub is correct here.

IF you want to use the Depth Chart optimization, you FIRST need to set your player positions to be where you want guys to generally play (PG, SG, SF, PF, C .. player position actually matters).

THEN you need to make sure you have good numbers set for player roles and that you have picked your adjusted player roles to be the default on the user settings page..

THEN if you use the optimize button it does give you at least a usable line-up.
classic example of an inadequately explained and ill conceived feature

thanks for explaining how one could use it - IF one wanted to waste a bunch of effort
10/19/2016 7:51 AM
Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet, hughesjr. It has some interesting things in it that I may be able to make use of.
10/19/2016 12:06 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/19/2016 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet, hughesjr. It has some interesting things in it that I may be able to make use of.
Thanks spud.

If lots of people use or have questions about the spreadsheet, we should likely start a new thread. If noone cares, we can leave it here :)
10/19/2016 1:14 PM
The optimize option should be eliminated. Be a shame if newbies actually thought it really was optimizing.
10/19/2016 3:40 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/19/2016 1:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/19/2016 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Thanks spud.

If lots of people use or have questions about the spreadsheet, we should likely start a new thread. If noone cares, we can leave it here :)
That's a good idea. Let's do it. It may become a useful thread along with chapel's Guide. It won't duplicate anything in the Guide. It might be a useful stepping-off point for some of the new coaches with an analytical turn of mind. I guess the only downside might be disinterest, but I don't expect that. Go for it.
10/19/2016 6:20 PM
◂ Prev 12
Optimize Practice Plan - horrible Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.