Official: Coaches Okay With Recruit Jumping Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Coach: coachky

How we know: In Yost season 81, while coach at D-III school Centre, coachky jumped another coach's (yes, me) recruit at the 6am cycle on signing day. coachky had not been in consideration for this recruit in any round prior to this time. coachky apparently dropped a fair amount of money on the attempt, as the other coach (yes, me) had already invested substantial funds to knock off Sim AI coaches in the early rounds. So it seems pretty clear that coachky is okay with late round jumping. Feel free to jump his anytime.
10/18/2016 9:51 AM
Coach: kmkemp

If you lock up your class early and have money to burn, what do you do? Just bank it at 10% retention or whatever it is? Not me. I'm going after an upgrade.
10/18/2016 10:07 AM
Posted by FB_Trap on 10/18/2016 9:52:00 AM (view original):
Coach: coachky

How we know: In Yost season 81, while coach at D-III school Centre, coachky jumped another coach's (yes, me) recruit at the 6am cycle on signing day. coachky had not been in consideration for this recruit in any round prior to this time. coachky apparently dropped a fair amount of money on the attempt, as the other coach (yes, me) had already invested substantial funds to knock off Sim AI coaches in the early rounds. So it seems pretty clear that coachky is okay with late round jumping. Feel free to jump his anytime.
Devil's Advocate: How do you know he wasn't putting effort into 'your' guy all the time, but just never showed up on the player card? Should he just suspend his effort into the player, even though he might be one visit away from showing up as yellow?
I think people make way too many assumptions about recruiting.
10/18/2016 10:12 AM
I can vouch for kmkemp's statement. I have personally been burned by him. That is why he is on my "Coaches who Deserve Payback" list. Someday, when he least expects it.
10/18/2016 10:15 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/18/2016 10:15:00 AM (view original):
I can vouch for kmkemp's statement. I have personally been burned by him. That is why he is on my "Coaches who Deserve Payback" list. Someday, when he least expects it.
Lol. :)
10/18/2016 10:33 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 10/18/2016 10:15:00 AM (view original):
So, how do the offenders get off your list? Would you be satisfied after you have dished out your version of just desserts? Or is forgiveness not something you do? Asking for a friend.
10/18/2016 11:22 AM
Get over it.
10/18/2016 11:23 AM
Don't get mad; GET EVEN!!!
10/18/2016 11:32 AM
A recruit isn't yours until they have officially signed with you, until then they are fair game for every coach not named SIM AI. It doesn't matter when they started going after/recruiting the player.
10/18/2016 11:34 AM
Its as simple as this....and I've posted this before. No recruit is yours until he is signed. It is every coach's responsibility to improve his team. I've been known to go after recruits late. I go after the players I need...regardless of who the other coach is. I may not even think I can win the battle....but maybe I make it harder on the other guy to win another battle he is in.

Many coaches also seem to think that competing for recruits with coaches in your own conference is "out of bounds". To the contrary...go after your conference mates...lest they whoop your butt at recruiting and end up beating you in conference play.

Its all about managing the funds you have, finding targets of opportunity and exploiting them.

10/18/2016 12:05 PM
NO coach is o.k. with having their recruit jumped ; at Any Time !
What I am ok with is it 'is" part of the game. If you don't have a War Chest at the end of recruiting to fight off the other coaches, or at least have 2nd choices sitting in the wings just in case, then once in a while someone will poach one your recruits.
As far as doing it to others, know you do so at your own risk.
Most coaches will just chalk it up to part of the game. But I have know some to take action to hurt your team next recruiting just to get even.
10/18/2016 12:34 PM
This discussion is very enlightening.
10/18/2016 12:52 PM
I never go after a recruit that is considering a human coach if he wasn't undecided when I started after him. I think it is bad karma and sportsmanship. If you want to "upgrade" with money left there are more than likely undecideds or SIM AI recruits you can go after. I personally use up money all the time doing just that, but never go after another coach's guy. It is wrong IMO and makes you look like an ******* IMO.
10/18/2016 12:59 PM
I think smart coaches:

1. Protect their prized recruits.
2. Always improve their team.
3. Do not get in silly recruit fights.
4. Let other coaches know there is a price to coming into their back yard for prized recruits.

Just my opinion and I have violated all of those things at different points. Good luck on the recruiting trail.

nitros
10/18/2016 2:50 PM
123 Next ▸
Official: Coaches Okay With Recruit Jumping Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.