Defensive formations Topic

Is there a way to run 3-4 against a passing formation and drop in to cover and then 3-4 against a running formation and play the line?
10/18/2016 10:16 AM
Go to formations and set your LB's accordingly (coverage or on the line). If you are in Div III, I do not think that is possible (I can't recall).
10/18/2016 10:42 AM
I am familiar with that, but doing so effects their positioning on all formations.
10/18/2016 12:18 PM
Not necessarily. What you have to do is create the different formations. Then plug them in depending on the situation.
If running a 3-4, create a Run formation(perhaps all lb at the line) that you can use in probable run situations(3rd or 4th and short ?).
A Pass formation(3 or 4 lb playing Cover ?) for probable pass formation.
and a Balanced for most other situations(2 lb cover ? and 2 on line ?) .
Question marks here mean they are just suggestions. Use your own ideas of what is best. I am just giving you the ideas.
10/18/2016 12:27 PM
Mojo is strong with the force, listen to him you should.
10/18/2016 1:04 PM
Posted by mojolad on 10/18/2016 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Not necessarily. What you have to do is create the different formations. Then plug them in depending on the situation.
If running a 3-4, create a Run formation(perhaps all lb at the line) that you can use in probable run situations(3rd or 4th and short ?).
A Pass formation(3 or 4 lb playing Cover ?) for probable pass formation.
and a Balanced for most other situations(2 lb cover ? and 2 on line ?) .
Question marks here mean they are just suggestions. Use your own ideas of what is best. I am just giving you the ideas.
This. Create a 3-4 Heavy Run formation, a 3-4 Heavy Pass formation, and a 3-4 Balanced formation. Set your linebackers accordingly.
10/18/2016 5:26 PM
Thanks! Would you believe that as long as I have played this game that I never noticed that? Another question, can you change who is covering whom? For example, the safeties only option is "Setting". Can I not choose for them to cover someone specific?
10/18/2016 11:48 PM
I could be wrong but I believe that due to GD being zone coverage, the safeties do not have truly specified coverage roles as their responsibilities shift during a given play based upon formation and the actual play ran.
10/19/2016 3:11 AM
Nope , no man to man.
10/19/2016 5:31 AM
Posted by nitros on 10/18/2016 1:04:00 PM (view original):
Mojo is strong with the force, listen to him you should.
Yoda Baby
10/19/2016 5:34 AM
Defensive formations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.