Can't rescind scholarships mideseason Topic

I want to rescind a scholarship, but I cannot mid season, which messes up my recruiting. I think this is an issue.
10/18/2016 1:05 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 10/18/2016 1:05:00 PM (view original):
I want to rescind a scholarship, but I cannot mid season, which messes up my recruiting. I think this is an issue.
You can rescind scholarships before the 2nd recruiting period starts. Look at Schedule => World Schedule
10/18/2016 1:29 PM (edited)
On this issue...I think WIS has it right. You can rescind scholarships during the 2nd signing period. If you did not sign the recruit (auto-signed recruits included), then you will receive resources to recruit at the start of period #2. That seems right to me.

Now...the EE situation is different. I have repeatedly had the situation of staring at 2 guys that will go EE, but limited to 2 or 3 spots worth of resources to try to fill what will be 4 or 5 spots. The difference is the feeling that your results are not in your control, whereas the rescinding option you mention is within your control.
10/18/2016 2:26 PM
I am not thinking about needing more resources, I just want to have the open scholarship to sign someone.
10/18/2016 3:03 PM
I was able to sign someone with my Emory team despite having no seniors on the roster -- I was just required to cut someone before the second session.
10/18/2016 3:23 PM
I had to deal with this issue, and wasnt a fan. It would have been nice to assign additional AP points for the extra opening to recruits to gear up for the 2nd period. I understand you cant cut him from the roster, but it would be nice to have a "going to cut him" button so you can get additional AP points.

Of course, this would only be for SIM signed recruits.
10/18/2016 3:26 PM
Posted by rednu on 10/18/2016 3:23:00 PM (view original):
I was able to sign someone with my Emory team despite having no seniors on the roster -- I was just required to cut someone before the second session.
So if I understand this correctly - you recruited a player during recruiting session 1 that you did not have an open spot for. You were then able to make space for the recruit by rescinding a scholarship from a player on the current roster when the season rolled.
10/18/2016 6:53 PM
Posted by cgutwein05 on 10/18/2016 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 10/18/2016 3:23:00 PM (view original):
So if I understand this correctly - you recruited a player during recruiting session 1 that you did not have an open spot for. You were then able to make space for the recruit by rescinding a scholarship from a player on the current roster when the season rolled.
Yes -- I decided to take a stab at a player who was an upgrade on my roster and was lucky enough to aim for someone nobody else jumped on initially. Used the 20 APs to (very slowly) unlock the scholarship and eventually made the offer. Player committed late Session 1 (unless my brain is totally going in old age) and then I received a message telling me I had until a specified date to rescind a scholarship. The notice may or may not be auto generated to everyone at that point in the season...I hadn't received it in beta, but also haven't been at that point in any other "real" world to know if it was unique to my situation or a general FYI that everyone gets that got added on the shift from beta into the competitive worlds the way some of the unlock mails were added in post-beta.
10/18/2016 7:10 PM
I'm testing this out right now and will confirm if my scholarship offer is accepted (I see Iowa starting to hand out some attention points so we may end up locking horns on this one).
10/20/2016 11:17 AM
Can't rescind scholarships mideseason Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.