GD Survivor - Winner announced Topic

Posted by polabonez on 12/15/2016 6:47:00 PM (view original):
GD SURVIVOR WITHOUT A POLABONEZ????

hi gents. Some familiar faces. Hope all is going well.
jesus h christ...it LIVES!!!
12/16/2016 3:37 PM
Posted by da_goat on 12/16/2016 1:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by awags on 12/15/2016 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by polabonez on 12/15/2016 6:47:00 PM (view original):
GD SURVIVOR WITHOUT A POLABONEZ????

hi gents. Some familiar faces. Hope all is going well.
I thought you were dead.
I know for a fact that "polabonz" is alive and well in this game...
Polabonez and fake idols and fake usernames. That brings back some good memorys of this game. Fun fun. Hahahaha!!!
12/16/2016 10:59 PM
With the last game in progress Golfpro is at 440 pts followed by da_goat at 217 with go4itjim eliminated at 132 since he can't catch Golfpro. Golfpro and da_goat have the same picks for the final game so Golfpro is going to win the final 3 challenge. He has until 8pm tomorrow night to choose who he wants to take to the finals and post it here in the forum with him and pick if he wants to submit his final speech first or second. Whoever is submitting first has until noon Monday to submit their final speech then the second person has until 11:59 pm Monday night to submit theirs. Once both players have submitted their speeches, the jury has until 8 pm on Wednesday to ask any questions to the two players and submit their pick of who they feel won this game to me. I'll announce the winner on Wednesday at 8pm.
12/18/2016 12:12 AM (edited)
I know this will come as no surprise to anyone as I'll take out all the suspense and take go4itjim with me.

Go4itjim will go with me to the back of the bus where I will thank him for the great competitor he was and throw him overboard and da_goat goes to final two with me.
We made it Chuck!!!
I will go 2nd on speech.
12/18/2016 2:33 AM (edited)
Da_goat has until Noon tomorrow to submit his final speech. Golfpro will have until 11:59 Monday night to submit his speech, then all the jury member can ask whatever questions they want to the final two here in the forum.
12/18/2016 12:23 PM
Well, here we are at the end…..hard to believe that I made it here all the way to the final tribal council….doubly incredible is that golfpro made it as well…..well done, pro!
First off, thanks to aggie for putting in the effort to run this game….been a lot of fun, thank you, sir.
I began this game as captain of Team X-Men. Right after I saw the team assignments, I figured this would be a very short lived Survivor game for me….ghutton and csudak were there and I knew I really had no shot with them….I did have katzphang there and figured I could count on him. That left me with truedevil and the new guy, go4itjim, as wildcards.
I decided to go 100% all-in on the newb, Jim, and try to commit him to an alliance…. took a big gamble and told him about the alliances with psap and golfpro in other tribes and that I could get him to a final 4 if he stuck with me (referring to him, psap, golfpro, and myself). This plan easily could have backfired and I’d be gone quickly. Jim told me that I was the first to reach out to him and he told me he was completely committed to the plan….luckily, this move is what got me here to the end…..thanks, Jim!
The biggest play of the game came right as the final merge to the individual game took place. The plan was to stick together and go to Final 4 …..then came the news from Jim that changed the whole game….psap wanted to play Brutus and stab me in the back. With some help from devil and hookem, we took out psap.
From that big move, we got Jim to buddy up with waregl in his “newbie alliance” and eliminated devil and hookem….I encouraged him right from the start to make that alliance to keep tabs on the newbies as well.
Win or lose, it was a fun game….the big gamble paid off and this season played out as well as I could have hoped for. Thanks to all who played this season….had a great time!
12/19/2016 12:17 AM
Final 2 unbelievable! I had this goal the first time I played this to make it to very end of Survivor with da_goat and now after 4-5 tries we did it!!! I am not the best speech maker out there and here goes nothing. Starting out I played on same tribe as psap and we have an alliance in all the Survivor games we played. Our team breezed through the first few challenges and then at the next merge I went to Team USA and only had one guy I thought I could count on in katzphang but luckily had waregl come along. Those plans got messed up when katzphang didn’t vote and got kicked out but I once again got lucky and made it through to the individual part of Survivor. The next vote I got wind of a major revolt in our 4 person alliance which was me, goat, psap, and go4itjim. I never really let on to psap about Jim’s role which was a really good thing as it turns out. Actually goat made me promise to not say anything about go4itjim- he called it an insurance policy which payed off big time! That big revolt was that psap wanted to get rid of goat and tried to use Jimmy to vote with him. Luckily Jim stuck with us and spilled the beans about psap’s plans and that is when goat and I decided we had to cut out Paul or psap. I was a bit sorry to see him go but also ****** off that he tried to vote out goat as blood is always thicker than water. After that I basically cruised to the end and luckily at final 3 challenge I won to take goat with me to the Final 2. I am happy to be here at the Final 2 and would be real honored to be the Sole Survivor. However if you do give it to goat I won’t be sorry. Like I said the main goal I have had was to make it to the Final 2 with only the 2 of us. Mission accomplished!
12/19/2016 4:15 PM
Jury members have until 8pm on Wednesday to ask any questions they have to the final two. Please send votes to me by 8pm on Wednesday who you feel won the game.
12/19/2016 4:35 PM
Golfpro. Feels like da_goat really did a majority of the work getting you 2 to the end. Is there anything specially that you can point to that shows you made a big play or had the idea the alliance moved forward with?
12/19/2016 4:43 PM
Truedevil- I think goat came up with some of the plan and I did more of the dirty work that might cost me in the end. I got waregl to help vote out both you and hookemhorns and the idea for having go4itjim give up immunity towards the end was my idea at least sort of. We agreed as the 3 of us that once we got down to last 6 players that if someone won an immunity challenge and someone else in our alliance was threatened we would pass it on. It never happened but as we got down to 4 I wanted to really test go4itjim and see how loyal he really could be and told him that he needed to pass on the immunity to goat. That plus in case waregl somehow found an idol it would not necessarily send goat or me home.
12/19/2016 6:31 PM
Would you like to comment on this or does it speak for itself?
To: psap
Received: 12/9/2016 11:55:00 PM
Subject: RE: Bored?
Sorry I didn't think about it at all. I don't like soccer at all and was quite unhappy when I saw this as we already did one soccer challenge. I was a bit ****** and thought to myself that you would love to do it. I never thought about you being on jury it was just a quick spur of the moment thing and now that you point it out yeah I can see it was a bad idea. Sorry!

-----Original Message-----
To: golfpro71
Sent: 12/9/2016 7:01:00 PM

You wanted to "let me do this soccer challenge" ?? Seriously? C'mon dude, i don't buy it for a second that you couldn't have fully realized that this is 100% against what should not be done in a game of Survivor. Getting help from a friend outside the game is one thing (which is marginally wrong), but asking someone who has been eliminated, and is on the jury for help to win this game? Give me a break.

Sent: 12/9/2016 6:42:00 PM

Heck I wasn't trying to stir up a hornet's nest. All I wanted to do is let you do this soccer challenge as I know you love the soccer. I don't follow it at all and thought maybe you would want to do it. I didn't even think of breaking the rules in this way. Sorry if I screwed up. You can do what you feel you need to. My bad!

Sent: 12/9/2016 2:10:00 PM

So you are going to turn down my offer?

At this point you realize that you have gone outside of the rules of Survivor by reaching out to me. It would be totally legit for me to 1) disclose that you have done this, or my other which isn't so clear cut is to 2) disclose to go4itjim that you have done this to and offer to help him with the same offer with the same contingency with a twist -- that he agrees to vote you out.

Want to reconsider ?

Sent: 12/9/2016 1:57:00 PM

I figured you would say that. We have been trying since the first time we played to go up against each other as the final 2. It was actually me that wanted it more than anyone else so it is a dealbreaker for me. I will have to subject myself to this cruel and unusual punishment. Hahaha!

Sent: 12/9/2016 1:45:00 PM

If you win immunity and to go to the final, that you vote out your brother in law and take the other player to the finals with you.

Sent: 12/9/2016 1:43:00 PM

Okay what is it?

Sent: 12/9/2016 11:31:00 AM

I can do it, but i have a condition.

Sent: 12/9/2016 11:19:00 AM
Subject: Bored?

If so please help me out with this soccer challenge. I do not like it and really don't want to research it. If you can help it would be appreciated. Thanks.
12/19/2016 9:02 PM
Psap- I messed up but not intentionally and should have thought it through but it was more me not liking soccer and trying to get out of it is all. I know that you like doing soccer and decided to ask you for help. That is all there is to it.
12/19/2016 9:22 PM
If I host another Survivor, golf has to play and it will only be soccer and women's college basketball challenges.
12/19/2016 9:35 PM
My first question is for golfpro. I thought we had an alliance. What happened?

Second question for both of you. What is the one decision you made in the game that you would change?
12/19/2016 10:02 PM
Question to you both... Why do you deserve to win more than the other or what do you think you did during the game that "sets you apart?" I have read what path you both took to get here but why is yours better or more justifiable.
12/19/2016 10:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20...22 Next ▸
GD Survivor - Winner announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.