GD Survivor - Winner announced Topic

Posted by psap on 12/20/2016 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by go4itjim on 12/20/2016 1:09:00 AM (view original):
This question is for golfpro. How come when you decided with goat and psap to throw a challenge that I never knew nothing about it? I mean I was the captain of World team and could easily have made it work out.
This one for both of you guys. Is there any way I could have made you guys change your mind and voted one of the other out and taken me to the Final 2? I thought I might have a chance with goat.
Looking back on the game I still wonder what might have happened if I accepted psap's deal to vote out goat. I thought seriously about doing it but I know it is only a game but decided to be loyal to my first alliance as that is how I dictate my real life.
Good game guys!
Jim -- For the challenge in which golfpro asked me to throw the challenge was the challenge where you had other obligations and gave the captainship to me. I allowed golfpro to pick our submissions (and he obviously already knew his own team's picks), but in true golfpro style he mindlessly effed that up and submitted the opposite of what he wanted.
That was a classic indeed...hand Chaz the keys to the kingdom and he gets it all backwards....lol!
12/20/2016 10:59 AM
Posted by da_goat on 12/20/2016 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by redraider68 on 12/19/2016 10:02:00 PM (view original):
My first question is for golfpro. I thought we had an alliance. What happened?

Second question for both of you. What is the one decision you made in the game that you would change?
I think I put too much trust in psap....primarily cause golfpro can vouch for him and he's been an ally from previous Survivor games....if Jim hadn't said anything and went with psap instead, I'd be asking questions instead of answering them.
This is what changed the game. Jim had total control of the game at this point (but he probably did not realize it even though i laid the entire progression to the end in front of him for both outcomes) -- and the decision he made was going to decide who was in the final -- Golf vs Goat or Jim vs psap. Jim chose against himself and decided to send Goat to the finals instead of himself by choosing to leak my plan and full intel on the game to Goat. So Chaz, why do you deserve the win over this crucial game defining moment that was orchestrated by Goat by totally controlling and manipulating Jim?
12/20/2016 11:01 AM
... and lets just get this on the record. The game is not a true game without psap. So lets not throw me under the bus as some maestro in Survivor. I have never come close to sniffing a Final, and even when i have a chance to do so, i would rather mix it up and try to shuffle the playing board to bring some excitement to the game. I don't think anyone can argue that this game was a literal snoozefest most of the way, and the ONLY time any discomfort was brought the methodical and majority march to the Finals of Golf/Goat was when i decided it was no fun to watch them do so, so i made a move.

Yes, this is public service announcement by psap, for psap. Trusting psap will get you to the final. I will only turn on you if its clear you are the favorite. I am the champion of the newbie and underdog. If you play Survivor, you should always play with psap unless you are the clear favorite.
12/20/2016 11:06 AM
Posted by psap on 12/20/2016 10:56:00 AM (view original):

Second question for both of you. What is the one decision you made in the game that you would change?
I think I put too much trust in psap....primarily cause golfpro can vouch for him and he's been an ally from previous Survivor games....if Jim hadn't said anything and went with psap instead, I'd be asking questions instead of answering them.
This whole thing about trust is silly. In the end, to win Survivor you must turn on everyone except for 1 person (assuming it is a 2 man final). If you are not 100% sure that you are one of those Final Two's, then you will be screwed. It was clear as day that the real life brothers-in-law Chaz (golfpro) and Goat were taking each other to the finals. Anyone who didn't see that, or know that, was duped by them. Jim turned on my game changing offer to be my #2 because he was "warned" about me. Warned about what -- that i don't like to see a game play out where the favorites with the largest numbers waltz their way into the finals? So everyone can stop selling the "you can't trust psap" narrative, and "i put too much trust in psap" -- what really happens and lets see which one of the two of you acknowledge this in your answer .... is that the reason you are in the finals is because you duped players like Jim and Waregl and Katz and Coachoatie (all my allies with the exception of Jim) into believing that i was a true threat when the entire time the true threat was the unbreakable alliance between Goat and Golf -- this is why i am having a hard time to decide who should win. Who actually sold the most deception to the newbie's who were duped by both of you?
For the most part, I dealt with Jim and was the key to getting him on board with the plan and keeping him with us to the end.....that flip-flop you tried to pull on me only firmed up the seed I planted in Jim's mind about you.....Chaz wanted to make Jim a full partner at first and have him talk with you about the full game strategy....glad I told Chaz that this would be an insurance policy and we shouldn't let Jim get too close to you....katz wasn't a real newbie, he played a previous Survivor....Chaz was instrumental with waregl in helping us vote out hookem and devil.
12/20/2016 11:08 AM
Goat - lets just clarify that i didn't pull a flip-flop.

I was never YOUR choice to go to a final with you, you NEVER would have chosen me, and you would have tried to eliminated me first chance you gotten had i not made an attempt first. The time before you turned on me was limited, and the numbers were against me -- 2 of you (Team Brothers-in-Law), and 1 of me. Golf was ALWAYS your guy for the final, and you were his.

Calling me a "flip-flopper" or "un-trust worthy" is inaccurate and disingenuous. What you mean to say is that i chose to play my own game for my own best interests and not the game you wanted me to play for your and Golf's benefit -- this is very different from Jim, who you successfully got him to play your game, instead of playing his own.

That's where you played the Outwit portion better than your partner.
12/20/2016 11:49 AM (edited)

This whole thing about trust is silly. In the end, to win Survivor you must turn on everyone except for 1 person (assuming it is a 2 man final). If you are not 100% sure that you are one of those Final Two's, then you will be screwed. It was clear as day that the real life brothers-in-law Chaz (golfpro) and Goat were taking each other to the finals. Anyone who didn't see that, or know that, was duped by them. Jim turned on my game changing offer to be my #2 because he was "warned" about me. Warned about what -- that i don't like to see a game play out where the favorites with the largest numbers waltz their way into the finals? So everyone can stop selling the "you can't trust psap" narrative, and "i put too much trust in psap" -- what really happens and lets see which one of the two of you acknowledge this in your answer .... is that the reason you are in the finals is because you duped players like Jim and Waregl and Katz and Coachoatie (all my allies with the exception of Jim) into believing that i was a true threat when the entire time the true threat was the unbreakable alliance between Goat and Golf -- this is why i am having a hard time to decide who should win. Who actually sold the most deception to the newbie's who were duped by both of you?
Whoa now. He didn't "dupe" anything from me. I was loyal to our alliance the entire time. Have site mails to prove that if you want me to share.
12/20/2016 11:56 AM
PSAP is you would have reached out to me once we could have changed things. But in the end the right pieces never got aligned to make this happen.
12/20/2016 12:18 PM
Posted by truedevil33 on 12/20/2016 12:18:00 PM (view original):
PSAP is you would have reached out to me once we could have changed things. But in the end the right pieces never got aligned to make this happen.
Perhaps. I assumed you were out to get me as we never talked during the game. Had you reached out to me i would have happily worked with yourself and hookem. I knew i was basically on my own.
12/20/2016 12:32 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 12/20/2016 11:56:00 AM (view original):

Whoa now. He didn't "dupe" anything from me. I was loyal to our alliance the entire time. Have site mails to prove that if you want me to share.
You are correct, that was not accurate regarding yourself and coachoatie. You guys were on board with taking out Goat, and i'm pretty sure you were the only other one to vote with me against him. It was Jim who was the lamb led to the slaughter.
12/20/2016 12:36 PM
Jim- About the challenge I convinced psap and goat to throw what the plan was is to let me do picks for both teams and then psap was going to submit them to you and goat was going to confirm that those were good picks. In the end we didn't have to do that because you had to go away and passed on captain duties to psap.
There was nothing you could have done at the end to make me take you to the end instead of goat- well maybe a million dollars!! Hahaha!!
12/20/2016 2:56 PM
psap- The big picture of this whole plan was to go final 4 with you, me, goat and Jim. Once there is was every man for himself and if one of you would have immunity then fine but I knew I was never writing down goat's name and he was never writing mine down. We had to made an adjustment once we had to let you go but luckily it all worked for us. My lunch is almost over so back to work I go.
12/20/2016 3:07 PM
Posted by golfpro71 on 12/20/2016 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Jim- About the challenge I convinced psap and goat to throw what the plan was is to let me do picks for both teams and then psap was going to submit them to you and goat was going to confirm that those were good picks. In the end we didn't have to do that because you had to go away and passed on captain duties to psap.
There was nothing you could have done at the end to make me take you to the end instead of goat- well maybe a million dollars!! Hahaha!!
Why did you vote Jim the 1st time when the cut was going from 4 to 3?

12/20/2016 4:09 PM
There was a vote a round or two before i was voted out - would someone like to deconstruct what happened.

Jim had just forgot to vote, but someone else was voted out -- i don't recall who.
Anyways the next vote comes up, and someone (either Goat or Golf) says lets stick with Jim and instead vote someone else out (i think it could have been redraider). The details escape me. Does anyone recall this? I guess at the time i should have recognized that it was an indication that there was already a partnership in place with Goat/Jim or Goat/Golf/Jim and i missed the signals to my detriment.
12/20/2016 5:21 PM
Posted by psap on 12/20/2016 5:21:00 PM (view original):
There was a vote a round or two before i was voted out - would someone like to deconstruct what happened.

Jim had just forgot to vote, but someone else was voted out -- i don't recall who.
Anyways the next vote comes up, and someone (either Goat or Golf) says lets stick with Jim and instead vote someone else out (i think it could have been redraider). The details escape me. Does anyone recall this? I guess at the time i should have recognized that it was an indication that there was already a partnership in place with Goat/Jim or Goat/Golf/Jim and i missed the signals to my detriment.
I believe Jim missed the deadline to send in our picks for a challenge...you forwarded me a sitemail that redraider sent you telling you that Jim should be voted out for not sending in our picks....I believe I talked you into keeping Jim and sending ebel home.
12/20/2016 8:25 PM
Waregl- I don't remember if it was goat or me that voted for Jim when we went from 4 to 3. I do remember that we did it in case you had an idol and played it and then one of us would be gone. This way it would have been Jim that went out in the unlikely case you had the idol.
12/20/2016 10:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22 Next ▸
GD Survivor - Winner announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.