Why EEs are so horribly frustrating. Topic

Posted by CoachSpud on 10/19/2016 6:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/19/2016 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/19/2016 3:10:00 PM (view original):

Why EEs are so horribly frustrating.

Every coin has two sides, including the universe of EE's. One side of the coin is that coaches are not entitled to replace EE's on a 1:1 basis. That is frustrating. The other side of the coin is that these same coaches enjoyed the superior performance of an NBA-ready player, unlike some of their conference mates. Isn't it strange how every thread about EE's only has one side?
"Isn't it strange how every thread about EE's only has one side?"

Not really.
Oh, really? Do you remember one about anything but "oh woe is me?" Anything but what a terrible thing it is to have more than one EE? About how hard it is to get a new EE to replace every one lost? I think not. Surely no celebration of having enjoyed the guy's performance.

Or are you just suggesting that in a forest of whining threads, one more whining tree isn't strange?
I've never once seen you try to see this from someone else's point of view. Just condescending insults.
10/19/2016 6:30 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/19/2016 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 10/19/2016 5:15:00 PM (view original):

Every coin has two sides, including the universe of EE's. One side of the coin is that coaches are not entitled to replace EE's on a 1:1 basis. That is frustrating. The other side of the coin is that these same coaches enjoyed the superior performance of an NBA-ready player, unlike some of their conference mates. Isn't it strange how every thread about EE's only has one side?
elite college teams get both sides of the coin.
Bingo!!! My point exactly. But you only see one side in the forums.
But not your point at all. Elite college teams both get the benefit of early entries and replace them with more early entry quality players.
Your post epitomizes how you only see one side of the coin.
10/19/2016 6:40 PM
Posted by vandydave on 10/19/2016 6:40:00 PM (view original):

But not your point at all. Elite college teams both get the benefit of early entries and replace them with more early entry quality players.
"Elite college teams both get the benefit of early entries and replace them with more early entry quality players."

Are you talking about RL all of a sudden? This thread was about HD.
10/20/2016 12:39 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/20/2016 12:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 10/19/2016 6:40:00 PM (view original):

"Elite college teams both get the benefit of early entries and replace them with more early entry quality players."

Are you talking about RL all of a sudden? This thread was about HD.
This thread was about HD attempting to replicate the early entry reality of real life college basketball.

To your credit it's difficult to tell if you just enjoy appearing ignorant or can't hide the actual reality. But similar result.
10/20/2016 1:43 AM
Apparently Spudhole never got an EE with his other account either.
Maybe all the threads are one sided because almost every one but him agree its an issue.
10/20/2016 6:52 AM
I almost wish he got to a point where he lost one just to see his reaction. At least we don't have to hear about how the Red Light is holding back his D3 team from "sharing" talent that high D1 is "hoarding"
10/20/2016 7:33 AM
I'm a realism fan. The only reason we have EE's is because it is realistic. So let's tweak the mechanism to replace EE's to be more realistic too. #1 easy way to do this is give more credit to prestige. Or increase roster size to realistic levels. Or lessen the stamina settings to allow teams to run realistic 8-man rotations.
10/20/2016 11:24 AM
Posted by guyo26 on 10/20/2016 7:33:00 AM (view original):
I almost wish he got to a point where he lost one just to see his reaction. At least we don't have to hear about how the Red Light is holding back his D3 team from "sharing" talent that high D1 is "hoarding"
I was happy to have had such good players, and sad to lose them, although it wasn't particularly unexpected. Two sides to that coin, like all coins.

Most people already know the problem with Seble's red light. For those who may be new to the forums, I advocate organic recruiting, based on a proper balance of division, prestige, preferences and recruiting effort and timing, and probabilities. Seble's red light is the antithesis of all that, an artificial, arbitrary obstacle that serves merely as D1 welfare.
10/20/2016 11:38 AM
Big words don't make your thoughts and attitude any less moronic..........
Neither you or your Alt account understand that.
10/20/2016 12:07 PM (edited)
"serves merely as D1 welfare."

Incorrect. You've been told this is not true ad nauseam. You REFUSE to listen to anyone and just continue to believe what you want to believe.
10/20/2016 12:26 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Your OPINION of the game. If you don't like the red light then that's fine. You don't have to like it. But stop making stuff up about it being driven by D1 coaches. Or that it was done to protect D1 coaches. NO ONE except you thinks that. But you talk like its a known fact.

I'm not sure where this grudge against D1 coaches came from but its pretty weird. Time to let it go.
10/20/2016 1:25 PM
You think in terms of grudge, I think in terms of the game. You thing in terms of personalities, I think in terms of observable facts about changes to the game. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. See? No more need to keep trolling me (hint, hint).
10/20/2016 3:45 PM
Posted by jcfreder on 10/20/2016 11:24:00 AM (view original):
I'm a realism fan. The only reason we have EE's is because it is realistic. So let's tweak the mechanism to replace EE's to be more realistic too. #1 easy way to do this is give more credit to prestige. Or increase roster size to realistic levels. Or lessen the stamina settings to allow teams to run realistic 8-man rotations.
I predict that high D1 coaches, like me are going to all be taking a walkon or two every season. While I don't think you can roll with 8 players given injuries and grade issues, but I've made the D1 final four with 9.

One of the big negatives to walkons in HD2.0 was the lack of carryover. The other was that you'd have to do all your scouting in one ~40 hour period. Now that carryover is gone, and scouting takes a month, the negative of holding a walkon is pretty minor compared to the extra APs and money.
10/20/2016 3:59 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/20/2016 3:45:00 PM (view original):
You think in terms of grudge, I think in terms of the game. You thing in terms of personalities, I think in terms of observable facts about changes to the game. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. See? No more need to keep trolling me (hint, hint).
"serves merely as D1 welfare."

Me trolling you? What is the point of this statement? How is that 'in terms of observable facts about changes to the game"? Give me a break.
10/20/2016 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Why EEs are so horribly frustrating. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.