I'm totally new to this game, world rollover is about to finish. Based on my team what would be a good way to set my budget for the season?
10/19/2016 4:33 PM
Its not an easy answer. What I can tell you is some general things to consider from my experience. But know its just one person's opinion.

Prospect Payroll :$ - Are you going to play the IFA market? Do you have a lot of extra high draft picks coming up due to A and B FAs? Might want to pad this.
Coaches Payroll :$ - Is your Fielding Instructor resigning? Are your other BL coaches willing to resign and are cheap? If not, you might want to pad this.

For these -
Domestic College Scouting Dept. :$ M
Domestic High School Scouting Dept. :$ M
Generally, most of the better owners I have talked to pick one or the other. College gives you a bigger pool, but you may have 2/3 of the world focusing on college, so HS might give you a deeper, more talented pool. You need to check recent draft history to figure out which way owners tend to go.

International Scouting Dept. :$ - Are you playing the IFA market? If so, you need to beef it up. If you aren't, then keeping it low or zero is best.
Advance Scouting Dept. :$ This helps you know where a player will - probably - end up. This is only for SIGNED players, not unsigned draft picks or IFAs. Most good owners think this to be useless, but starting out, I maintained a high budget here while i learned how to project prospects. Now I am dialing it back to zero across the board. Its only really useful at $18 or above in my experience.
Training :$ It controls how susceptible players are to injury, and how much they will develop speed and strength in the offseason if they are prospects or young BLers. Should be $18 to $20 million. I don't see how you can really punt on Training.

Medical :$ This controls the recovery of injury and can go either way. Owners like Mike T max it out and when a player gets injured, they can come back better than before. I completely punt on it.

Hope that helps somewhat.
10/19/2016 6:10 PM
Training is the one "always" in a game of no "always". Get to 20m and stay there. Increases improvement and slows decline of the the physical skills. You want this.
10/19/2016 7:26 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.