Lost a VH to H against a SIM Topic

I was VH , lost to a H SIM, sent two hvs last cycle before he signed to drop the SIM to moderate. I did not do enough. It's D2. We need more scouting money there. Recruiting with options a, b, c d etc. My suggestion is to teams who haven't been able to sign players in the first session, get them a 2k scouting at 2nd session so they can at least see what they can bring.
10/20/2016 7:52 AM
Right, I think an extra chunk of cash for Period 2 is a good idea.
I also like the popular idea of extending Period 2 by an additional day, to 3 days (with first day having no signings).

Other thoughts (unrelated to the original post in this thread):
on players that are one level higher:
- if you've put in enough effort in Period 1, your Moderate status will immediately jump to High or VH at the beginning of Period 2, and that target is more likely to sign quickly if his signing preference is "Early" or "By End of Period 1". If he's a "Late" guy, he will tend to dither for a day in Period 2, so it's pretty risky.
10/20/2016 10:36 AM
I have said many times I think the 2nd period should be longer, This is certainly true for people changing teams and EE teams.

And I would always like to have more money for effort .. but we can already sign players who are much better than we could have ever done at both Div-2 and Div-3. We can also more easily wiff on a guy. I think that kind of balances out. If you take a walkon, you can make it up the next season. You can also take an in Division recruit by offering a scholarship in the last 24 hours of Session 2. If there is noone available that you find serviceable, then take the walkon and get cash for them next season.

So, if they want to make some slight adjustments for recruiting and scouting cash, I'm fine with that. I am also fine with what we currently get.

10/20/2016 12:48 PM
Maybe it's the VH to H thing that needs to be more clear... I dunno. I could not really put too much effort into the kid and at the same time, I wish I knew what were the odds or losing him to the H SIM.
10/20/2016 3:43 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/20/2016 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Maybe it's the VH to H thing that needs to be more clear... I dunno. I could not really put too much effort into the kid and at the same time, I wish I knew what were the odds or losing him to the H SIM.
The odds are somewhere between 36 and 40 before the adjustment. So he had somewhere between 31 and 35 percent if you were the only 2 above high.
10/20/2016 5:41 PM
IMO, more scouting money isn't a good idea. People saving some juice for the 2nd period is a good idea. Why do I care if you blew all your cash scouting guys you couldn't sign?

I'm all for extending the 2nd session by a non-signing cycle or two, though.
10/20/2016 5:48 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 10/20/2016 5:48:00 PM (view original):
IMO, more scouting money isn't a good idea. People saving some juice for the 2nd period is a good idea. Why do I care if you blew all your cash scouting guys you couldn't sign?

shoe, I semi agree on the fact people should spend their money wisely, but they didn't scout guys they couldn't sign. Thanks to no caps, in 3.0, if you want to compete, you're going to have to recruit DI players. If anything, I'd almost consider not scouting players at my level anymore.
10/21/2016 12:28 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 10/21/2016 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 10/20/2016 5:48:00 PM (view original):

shoe, I semi agree on the fact people should spend their money wisely, but they didn't scout guys they couldn't sign. Thanks to no caps, in 3.0, if you want to compete, you're going to have to recruit DI players. If anything, I'd almost consider not scouting players at my level anymore.
Thats fine, but you don't have to scout them all right away. Leave some money for later. Scouting a bunch of D1 players to level 4 in the first session as a D3 is not the way to do it. The big strategy question now as D3 is how adaptable you can be to catch guys falling through the cracks.
10/21/2016 8:22 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 10/20/2016 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 10/20/2016 3:43:00 PM (view original):
The odds are somewhere between 36 and 40 before the adjustment. So he had somewhere between 31 and 35 percent if you were the only 2 above high.
Most likely 25% to 35% chance.
just to be nit picky
10/21/2016 11:00 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/21/2016 12:30:00 PM (view original):
"IMO, more scouting money isn't a good idea. People saving some juice for the 2nd period is a good idea. Why do I care if you blew all your cash scouting guys you couldn't sign?"

* With all the concern I see in other threads about getting and retaining new coaches, I think it is a good idea to reward veteran coaches who f up their recruiting in the first period with more cash to f up their recruiting in the second period, too. After all, don't we have to retain these veteran coaches just as much as we will need to retain newbies?

* written in sarcasm font.
This is why you get the responses you do Spud.
10/21/2016 5:30 PM
Yeah, because my sarcasm outrages people more than some of the outright haters. Strange little world, isn't it.

But there was a serious point there that you missed. We need to retain the veteran coaches, and that isn't going to happen for a lot of them without continued handouts. WIS has a series of decisions to make -- at what point are the handouts enough?
10/21/2016 5:58 PM
It has nothing to do with handouts. I guarantee you every coach here who has done anything significant within this game didn't get handout. Just because you don't have success does not mean everyone else is getting handouts. I guess everyone getting handouts is why you're currently 0-9 against an all sim schedule.

Your sarcasm outrages people, because this thread was going just fine with people having discussion over the game. Noone was outraged, some people disagreed, and everything was calm, peaceful, and reasonable, but then spud comes in with his smartass remark about handouts. You continuously blame "the haters" for derailing a thread and being destructive in the forums, but here you are doing just that.
10/22/2016 1:10 AM
Lost a VH to H against a SIM Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.