Through the first 1/4 of the season, I feel like my bullpen is drastically underperforming based on their ratings (11/21 in save ops already). Do people usually stay the course and trust/hope things even out, or go for a shakeup and try using guys in different roles?
10/20/2016 12:13 PM
Yeah man, I struggle with it too. When a pitcher isn't performing, I usually decrease innings and increase the pull count until he starts performing. But you have to give it time.
10/20/2016 12:19 PM
It's a computer sim. Pitchers don't crumble under the pressure of 9th inning appearances, don't fret over their wife finding out about their girlfriend, get upset over a bad performance affecting their future contract or get ****** because they didn't get the save opportunity while a lesser pitcher did.

That said, I do something. It's my team and, if I sit on my hands and lose, I'm not "playing" the game.
10/20/2016 2:27 PM
Now 11/25 in saves. I even tried putting my stud SP with low durability in the pen, and he's blown the last two games. People can say "It happens" all they want, but I have 3 good relievers and now a stud SP and not one pitcher can close out a damn game. It's garbage.
10/22/2016 11:10 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.